Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akira-Shiro

[CP] Carl Clover Loketest Changes and Discussions Thread

My insting says after watching the loketest video.

we cant do any more OCN Cantabile - 5C - 2D - Vivase. (R.I.P Cantabile).

BUT!! I think we can get new setup by doing 2a-5b-22]a[-6b-623c-46]d[-5c-and so on.

I dont know, but this vision cant get out of my mind -.-.

It'd most likely be 623C>46D>5B>... The ground bounce on 46D wasn't that high, so unless that changes, I don't think we'd get enough time to get out old 15 frame 5C. Though I agree with the rest of what you said.

I mostly wanna see how 46D works on j.5C>22]D[ oki. It's hitbox looks huge enough to catch rollers, and looks fast enough to react to it. I'm guessing it's around (16+)22-25 frames start up.

Yea, I guess u have a point there on the first part, 5C taking to long to connect, so we must connect it with 5B again (oh Proration -.-).

I'm nervous and very anticipating what option will the 46]D[ brings on Carl new setup and option upon his new playstyle (not completely new, but just change a bit (or A LOT).

In the jbb thread they were talking about cantabile>6D>vivace>pickup being most optimal in replacing our Cantabile>2D... though the timing on is is kinda strict so i dont think it will work off a hitconfirm assuming u react on the second hit to try and get ada in... it actually might depending on how many hits we talking.

I saw that in the 1st loketest, Cantabile > 6D > AID J.2C > Allecan > 5C > and so on, either it can be in CON or OCN, the timing kinda strict if you didnt do the J.2C allecan though, well, no more other option except 46]D[ so far in my mind. maybe doing volante when u hit the 5B? like 5B > in animation before second B insert volante> then B > volante hit > 22]D[ > 5C > 6]D[ > and so on....., aw no, my imagination runs wild @_@.

Jeeze, Carl's new astral looks pretty brutal.

You saw it? I want video, link it to me plz.

EDIT: Just saw the pic. I like this. Cape--> MAGIC--> GEARS! I hope it's not too difficult to actually land though.

Ada appears to be doing the same pose from the original astral in the first part?

I'm guessing she appears where Carl is like what was reported before, then traps the opponent and Carl does fancy magic trick with cape that sends them to gear room and since you can't see Carl in that room maybe the gears close in and crush the opponent or something?

this is actually quiet interesting,,,, we have an astral thats not 85% useless

*updated*

I guess the 15% was due for trapping your opponent and force them to block while ada counting down. >.>

Does Ada still countdown? I thought it was more of an actual attack. I'm kinda saddened to hear that. If it's still unblockable, maybe you can activate it in the corner after knockdown or on Brio hit and try to keep them in blockstun.

No countdown. not unblockable. It's basically like everyone else's combo-able astral now. I know, boring right?

Wat chu talkin' Willis?

We have oki that rivals that of our old 'force standing' 3D (Dont have in EX)

We have 6k combos while in CON position that have 100% oki enders. (Dont have in EX)

Our oki combo ends us back in oki. (Dont have in EX)

All our UB's are no longer loopable but they are doable however if you do preform a UB setup you lose the sexy oki 6D

An the iceing on the cake is that we have better air hitconfirms thanks to out jc>j2c link added (Dont have in EX)

An you top it all of with a combo'able astral like everyone else........

Are dick has the radius of a dinner plate,,, buttholes will be destroyed,,, lives will be lost. All to our S-tier CAWK!!!!!!!!!

An the oki im talking about is 6D oki ender,, in EX we have to settle for sum bitch made combo that still puts us back at NCO position. Not only that if we hit people in the air with like Ja or something random an ada isnt around then we have to settle with a quick jc.

An the price we paid was that we lost our loop... im going to be perfectly honest with you. I dont do the loop,,, like ever. I learned it in the begining of EX an never bothered using it so i lost it.. an didnt really care about re-learning it. All iv ever wanted was for our character to be legit.. Looping people with UB's doesnt really sound all that legit. Now be it that while the loop was included in our match-ups why is it we were only A-tier.

Im sorry how shitty does a character have to be that he is only A-tier an if he touches you yoo die......... I want oki, damage, actual hitconfirms, and decent normals... i would have traded my soul for it, an im aware we have all the things i named,, however they wernt that good. Our oki should have always been on rachels level but here it is CP an we are just now getting it.

But moving on cause i did kinda get lost in my banter,, we have all the tools that we would have ever needed. An all we lost was a fraudulent loop. All the while Haku's counter got nerfed, an ragnas fradulent 5a AA into 4k hitconfirms are gone.. Everyone basically got nerfed while we got buffed... Based off the changes we have now we are Top-tier no doubt about it.

I don't see how we have any better oki than we did in EX. At most 46D will make every j.C oki end in CON pressure from the get go. I'll admit, it's nice, but nothing like rachel level oki.

Honestly I'm glad our poke game got better. Also, we have more reliable ways to get to CON, which is all we really needed. volante will ruin someone's day because they could go from pressuring me to CON like that because of the launch.

46D I'm calling is gonna replace Rag's 5B on the BS move scale. Huge ass range. Like, x1.25 6D range, plus its covers from nirvana's head to her feet. It hits twice, so people might figure out some wonky cross up with it. It's stun is actually fairly stupid. Like it has as much if not more than 6D block/hit stun. It's got decent start up. I'm guessing around 24 frames. That's like the 4th fastest nirvana move, coming behind super, brio, anima (yes it's the third fastest). And lastly it pulls them in. Do I really need 5B jump cancel on block if nirvana can now do the same job at range for me? Think about it, we don't really need to stay around halfway 5C range on her anymore except for a select few characters. 46D is such a huge threat at range we can stay right next to nee-san and when we get 46D to connect hit or block, j.2C alle cancel will continue our pressure from there. Seriously, I predict if they don't fix 46D before release, it will be nerfed anyway next game.

Edit: Who else is gonna 46D>vivace A people right at the start of matches?

I didn't want to post during speculation time, but I do want to say that I am surprised that Carl has become this good in this version

I've heard that some players in Japan say that this is probably the best version of Carl throughout the whole series, and with all of these changes I can see why

Burst baiting will be used a lot more frequently now :toot:

No countdown. not unblockable. It's basically like everyone else's combo-able astral now. I know, boring right?

No, I actually like this a whole lot more. I can USE it. No more opponents literally flying away from the explosion.

Oh wow i completely neglected our new move all together,, but the reason our oki has gotten alot better is because of what we get off of the oki. In EX if we use 6D to catch a roll they get hit yes but because it puts them in the air hitconfirming isnt hard but we cant really do much with it. Becasue of how close we have to be if they get hit by the 6D we end up taking them out of CON position and into NCO position an all we got was ~2.5K for the combo. We cant really utilize ada because she is in 6D's long ass recovery. However now once they get hit with 6D they go sliding similar to Litchis 4D attack neabubg we cab give it a delay before we decide to attack so ada may recover, we can be relatively far becasue they are coming sliding right into us. An due to all these factors we can do a sandwhich combo alowing use to end it back in oki 6D after some amazing 6k combo.

Speaking of which idk i forgot about our new move... but by the gods it just makes our S-tier cawk even more dangerous.