Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko vs Mitsuru

New stuff stolen from NEC qualifiers, 236C 4C (Hold) to punish Droit with a -reaction fatal-

VERY SICK.

Did the 4C go through Droit or was the Aki just spacing it perfectly? If it was spacing that would still be kinda hard.

Ok so im not really sure how this matchup is 7-3... Cause as im playing Mitsuru sure i can see how it would be in her favor. But it does not feel like any 7-3 at all. We both generally play the guessing game at neutral. Me trying to poke with 5a while not being to predictable cause his little shaky shaky stance makes Mitsus 5a whiff and i get gabbed in my face for like a clean 1.4k+ however he also has to be weary of my Sweep which can get me about ~2k however the biggest issue comes from when he wants to spamm JC.

Mr.Ceaser is very godlike at making it so Mitsuru cant approach easily and because of her Shitty persona she can punish it on whiff or block. She has to be at point blank to punish JC. Then mr.Akihikos 2a/5a have godlike reach and i didnt know he could do 2a 5b 236B on crouching... i thought it always had to be a CH starter for that to work so them 2a/5a's combos add up over time. I mean its abour 3.4k i think its like 2a 2a 5b(1st hit only) 236B 4B>6D>DP sweep 236a>6B this combo is the bain of my life. Im not sure why people block her sweep. But its just as slow as her shitty AOA. Im sorry at neutral i dont see either of us holding any cards over one another. An her pressure game is so space sensitive that you can just jump out on reaction to me sweeping because if she is doing it at the correct distance i dont see why anyone would block it IAD backwards jc on deck. Teach her not to pressure form so far,,

Oh yea and i need help trying to beat this fradulent nigga... assistance would be most appreciated. Im hoping im just overlooking something and the matchup is easier then i portray it. But i have hard times getting in and keeping this nigga steal. All the while he just dancing full screen getting heat to spam fradulent stuff on my face fucking corkscrew rapid dance duck forward into grab or AOA or some other fradulent stuff... his mix-up is very good and its also DP safe untill the 4a/b after 236a/b and his anti air is also amazing. An all i have are a bunch of gimmicks to try and make a person do something stupid so i may fatal... =<

New stuff stolen from NEC qualifiers, 236C 4C (Hold) to punish Droit with a -reaction fatal-

VERY SICK.

Not to be a party pooper, but using Weave to make coup whiff and punishing it is one of the first solutions discovered about the match up.

Punishing on reaction was never a problem. Utilizing increased Cyclone levels is also pretty common sense.

Did I miss something?

Not to be a party pooper, but using Weave to make coup whiff and punishing it is one of the first solutions discovered about the match up.

Punishing on reaction was never a problem. Utilizing increased Cyclone levels is also pretty common sense.

Did I miss something?

Yeah, you missed the part where I'm posting here to make sure everyone sees the most important things of the match up. I don't really care if it's been posted before, I was taking a quick minute to post something I saw concerning optimizing punishes, I'm not going to read the whole thread just to make sure it hasn't been posted before.

I don't know what you have against me, but both of our lives will probably be better if you just stop responding to things I post.

And to help my point, multiple people responded to what I posted surprised or excited, so I'm guessing it wasn't old news for everyone else either.

Well old and new. It was the common sense of increasing Cyclone that got me since I obviously don't have common sense to do that.

It's because this particular trick is not common sense at all. It uses level TWO cyclone's unique functionality of wall bouncing only on fatal counter, something that is extremely rare in practice.

I don't know what you have against me, but both of our lives will probably be better if you just stop responding to things I post.

Just because we don't agree often doesn't mean I have anything against you. I'm doing just fine, but if you're feeling attacked, get the fuck over it then I'll leave you be get the fuck over it. We're here for discussion and that's all we're doing, if you don't like that, then you are free to ignore me or leave.

Just because we don't agree often doesn't mean I have anything against you. I'm doing just fine, but if you're feeling attacked, get the fuck over it then I'll leave you be get the fuck over it. We're here for discussion and that's all we're doing, if you don't like that, then you are free to ignore me or leave.

It's not a discussion. You added nothing. Stop talking to me.

Well I can't say it's unique but any counter cyclone attacks would add on the property of the next level. So Lvl 1 Cork would do hard knockdown like lvl 2, Lvl 2 does wallbounce like lvl 3, and then the "secret" lvl 4 with Counter hit Lvl 3 Corkscrew does Crumple. It would be really sick if you can sit in Lvl 2 Weave so you can counter hit Cork the Droit to do a crumple. But I'm sure the other player would think something was fishy if you were doing that lol.

Right, but actually recognizing one can consistently rely on the CH extra properties is a very niche line of thought. It only is really consistent in this matchup, specifically to punish droit. So it was certainly worth bringing up.

Thank you Dacidbro for the advice... I recently picked up akihiko and I wasn't aware of some of these tricks, so I found your posts to be extremely helpful.

from the small bit of playing vs Mitsuru, right now I feel that its better to constantly pressure her rather than committing to cyclone mixup.

Her jab is 7F while your 5A is 5F and +0 and 5AA is -2 (i think) and vacuums. She has to commit pretty hard to beat either of these. 5AA -> 5A should result in a trade if she does 5A herself to get out. Bait one DP and you pretty much win (if she doesn't burst).

Thank you Dacidbro for the advice... I recently picked up akihiko and I wasn't aware of some of these tricks, so I found your posts to be extremely helpful.

from the small bit of playing vs Mitsuru, right now I feel that its better to constantly pressure her rather than committing to cyclone mixup.

Her jab is 7F while your 5A is 5F and +0 and 5AA is -2 (i think) and vacuums. She has to commit pretty hard to beat either of these. 5AA -> 5A should result in a trade if she does 5A herself to get out. Bait one DP and you pretty much win (if she doesn't burst).

Another fun one is 2C, since it's also +0, but her DP is strong enough that it is technically reactable at most ranges.

One thing about the weaving through coup droit that people might wanna be careful of is that you shouldn't try punching them until after the move is completely out. I know it sounds really dumb lol, but say they're charging a B coup and you go into weave stance, if your fingers get a bit antsy you might end up trying to corkscrew or something right when their move comes out and eat a CH or something. It's a problem I have sometimes, but I think I just need to play more Mitsuru lol. Anyway, just keeping in mind the timing of the punish is all.

S.Lab main and a fun Akihiko subber posting on this matchup.

Honestly there's 2 postions you do not want to be in for this match: the corner and midscreen where she can harass with 5A. Upclose you can pressure her and aim to bait her dp (its called the box here? ...I always called it the 7x7 asses) since outside it she really is lacking for defense. Coup's are annoying but weave can either teach the Mitsuru to be honest or eat that 1.5k corkscrew punish minimum. Standing D can be weaved and corkscrewed as well so most of her full screen can me minimized by weave if she isn't willing to go at you. j.D will catch you weave or no but you can corkscrew to get under her and either hit her with it or 5B, EX duck might be an option if she uses j.D to stop weave.

Every dp you block should be a 5B Fatal Counter, at most a round can be decided by just 3 blocked dps, 2 if she doesn't have burst. If she is under 50 meter go for the grounded 5B FC combo that you hopefully practiced and look at that Ceasar damage. Once she has 50 or more meter opt for airborne opponent 5B FC so you don't have to worry about Bufudyne.

Punish her dp so they won't rely on it and then try your rushdown, its always better to remind them of your damage when they make a mistake.

This might be useful for everyone since I haven't seen any mentions of this trick.

If you end up in the corner and you see her jump back for her delayed slash attack (i dont know the name of the move) you can use 214B > 6B to get out and start your pressure. This also works great against her other reset moves like j.C or j.B but i would recommend using 214A to counter j.B

I'm not sure but I think a 5C could catch her jump back slash attack for an easy 3k

I think with this match try an counter everything she throws at you. Beating a good Mitsu player isn't easy with Aki but its a fun match up anyway.