Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko vs Kuma

TL;DR verdict: ??:??

Kuma's tools

Akihiko's answer to them

-----------------------

Akihiko's tools

Kuma's answer to them

Easiest way to take down the bear is Pure rush dont give him any breathing room b/c he becomes ultimately annoying at distance but up close watch for the bat weave C and cork it and for the love of god avoid the darn A spam it will annoy the day lights out of you (just side step it when you see a claw reach at you) as for anything mid air that perfectly timed j.b is useful oh and if u get stuck blocking the A spam the third contact hit just FC it. remember DONT LET THE BEAR BREATH!

I think it's not so simple.

The thing that makes this match up annoying is his j.a.

It's the Arakune j.b equivalent.

90% of the time Kuma is in the air and that move, though has it's blind spots, is hard to combat. A well timed dp would do it, but then it's all about positioning.

It's hard to determine where is "safe" in this match up. In his face is probably the best place to be, but you have to be in his face on the offensive.

And for the love of God, don't get his by his R-Action.

i swear i hate that bear -_- but yea like skye said above ^ please be on the offensive if your in his face and try your best to keep him on the ground

Well, if they just do it without setting it up; a combination of high jump, air dash, and jC are usually enough to do the trick.

If they do set it up, you'll have to guess by doing either the above, or attempting to FA through it.

I dont know how effective it is but I usually 2B his J.A and its worked everytime soo far and this ^ do that with the unblockable

Super Jump

Air Dash

j.c if that's not enough.

You can sj.c+d Teddie on the way down as a punish.

Better than nothing.

Just how bad is this MU? Teddie is like, nigh untouchable once he takes to the air.

Just how bad is this MU? Teddie is like, nigh untouchable once he takes to the air.

Doesn't feel that bad. If you can read the j.A you can just try and catch him with a 214A or something. Better than sitting there doing nothing.

I know I'm pretty much an unknown dude in... well, the internet in general... but I can say a couple of things about this MU, from fighting against some amazing teddies lately, though I can't say for sure im right...

~2B beats Teddy's j.A - but use it sparingly since it can get easily baited by him for massive damage

~Once teddy gets his loop thing going on (the combo where he just jumps up kicks you down, throws an item), you cant DP him on his way down, you cant use evasive (dem 5A/bat), you cant use wake up parries (because his j.A hits you the moment you are waking up, so far i havent been able to get a single reversal parry to cover my tracks), and so basically... block low, keep an eye out for what item is thrown (they like to roll when they hit the ground if its a timed-offensive item, like those odd missile things or the lightning bolt item) which you can counter-grab them out of, though not without risks depending on what item was thrown... for example, if the item thrown was the uh... rage inducing one, i suggest DPing as soon as akihiko touches it, but even this is hard to pull because teddy is just that good

~jumping in and using j.C is a high risk/high reward setup. caesars sword barely hits him if spaced right which would get you a nice counter hit combo (midscreen you can at least get around 4k damage off of that), but if you screw up his 2B will hit caesar and akihiko into teddy loop shenanigans...

~do not let them be comfortable throwing items. use 5D/j.D to pull them in if they go away to scroll through the items, but dont forget that when he gets sucked in, most of his normals will beat yours.

~do not try to punish teddy claw, cause that thing is bananas on block. from several attempts what worked best for me was a parry into EX weave (you back up and the grab gets auto corrected, time it right and you get a counter grab) but this is very spacing dependant, and doesnt work for B teddy claw. all other versions work. dont attempt parry into cork, hook, or dp, because, since teddy claws has SO MANY HITS, aki gets stuck in his parry stance until teddy is away...

~remember that in teddys item loop, poison > then buckets. as soon as he throws an item post poison (aka. the buckets) use caesar and jump back to mess up his mix up game to get you hit by the buckets. alternatively, if you feel lucky you can try to parry a bucket into ex cork/hook, which if done right can get you either out of the situation, or just get you hit (depending on which section of the bucket rain you are standing under)

***edit: remember also that teddy can throw multiple items, so really be on the lookout post-the red missile thing that he throws >.>

This MU is in my opinion VERY in favor of teddy, simply because punishing all of his normals and mix up game is very hard for aki because of his poor range, and poor answers to most of teddy's gameplan. The best way to really get teddy is to be as disrespectful to him (not in a dumb way, of course), and be up in his face. An example would be, if i got raged out of his DP, i immediately did an A parry. If teddy did anything, i'd get out of free, if he waited, then i immediately went to either EX parry or a jump back.

Id say... 7 to 3 in teddys favor.