Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko vs Chie

TL;DR verdict: ??:??

Chie's tools

Akihiko's answer to them

-----------------------

Akihiko's tools

Chie's answer to them

Akihiko VS Chie is one of the most fun matchups for me. Two characters who don't really want to get anywhere close to the other, but they have to, because that's what they do. Heh. It so often becomes a tale of "CHIE BEATS ME TO NEAR-DEATH," then "I BEAT CHIE TO NEAR-DEATH," and then dance around until someone can get that last hit in. It's strangely entertaining.

The Persona definitely gives him some edge here, though. His D Persona seems to be extremely useful for messing up Chie's timing when she tries to close the distance. It's caused a lot of whiffs for players who otherwise seem to have their stuff down. The mere existence of the C Persona is vital since it gives him some intimidating range superiority, though you're not going to be using it for much besides punishment/combos unless the Chie is just careless.

That's awfully general, but whatever. Just know that this is the MANLIEST MATCHUP OF THEM ALL.

YES INDEED.

chie is really fast so you have to be careful when you use jC, otherwise it's a pretty good tool in this match-up. for Chie her best tool is probably Black Spot, it's decently fast and outpokes akihiko really well and fatal counters and EX version has super armor. be careful not to run into it.

Chie has the fastest recovering F-Action in the game so it's kind of hard to bait. Do NOT let that shit hit you while you're near a corner or she can follow it up with huge damage for no meter. You can "safe jump" Chie's F-Action by triggering it with a jump-in and immediately blocking low. Once she lands she's not in counterhit state but she IS crouching, which means you can punish with 5B [one hit] > B Kill Rush combo. If you're fast then 5B will fatal in the air for jB loops.

I find this match pretty hard considering the amount of jabs i eat.. maybe anyone else can update the gameplan or strategy since the game is always changing? for example how to deal with the corner pressure?

His AoA beats her DB, so I like to end blockstrings with that more than I would against other characters. She'll pass overhead and land behind you, so you can punish with:

5AA > 5B (1) > 236B > 4B > ...

Microdash grabbing works after a blocked rampage like half of the time, and I suppose 214B would work the other half.

Grab beats her 2A and 214C/D/CD, though Chie rarely uses Dark spot there.

If you punish a DB before she hits the ground, is she in counterhit state?

If you can punish her DP in the air, it's CH. Very hard though. Also, to maximize the punishment I use 2B > 5B (1) > 236B > 4C > DP > 5B > j.B > 5AA > 2AB >236A > 5A.

It's been a very long time since I've done that so I can't remember what comes after the DP but the general gist of it is there.

Chie Sweep > 5D pressure stupidity is counter-able by 214A. If Chie attempts to attack you while you're doing this (she usually air dashes in) you can do 214A > R-Action to counter her, or even 214A > 236236A. You can also just R-Action off of about anything you input during this situation.

Another solution, albeit a bit risky, is to delay your Emergency Tech by just a tiny bit, then pushing 5A/2A as soon as possible, if you do it right you can actually just smack Tomoe right out of her stuff. Wait until you've fully crumpled onto the ground before teching and you should get it. This is a really nice little trick once you get used to it. The key is to just not hold the button, and tech a tiny bit later than usual.

Doing Stuff After 214A

214A > 6A always wins against Tomoe but probably won't hit Chie, the risk is pretty minimal though if you have 50 SP. She'll either jump into you and you'll go under her to the opposite side of the screen, or she'll block your Corkscrew which you can OMC and pressure afterwards. 214A > 6B has a chance of trading with Tomoe, not recommended. If you're feeling really lazy a EX Corkscrew will always go straight through Tomoe regardless, but that's a pretty big waste of SP not to mention unlikely to actually hit Chie.

214A > 4A+B is a pretty badass way to negate this situation; super armor unblockable that's really hard to see coming.

Made life so much easier with this MU.

If Chie tries to delay her 5D, you can delay your tech as well to match.

----

5D is also a pretty useful tool against Chie, because she lacks any long range/projectiles. You can turtle with it or use it to make your Kill Rush a little safer.