Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[P4A] Shadow Labrys vs. Shadow Labrys (Mirror Match)

For this matchup, I'm guessing we just all do Pokemon-style battles and only use Asterius to attack Asterius.

but seriously, I have no idea how to play this MU. There are too many bulls on my screen. There are times where I can't even tell which Asterius is mine and I end up getting hit by random 5Cs lol.

Any advice on this matchup at all? From my experiences, it seems like you just want to be on the offense all the time. A game of momentum where once one player starts rolling, the other is just steamrolled. Though I'm probably wrong.

8C a lot.

j.B a lot.

If enemy Asterius is missing, start moving and holding 5D.

See enemy Asterius trying to do something? 5B his face.

See enemy Shadow Labrys trying to approach? 2C.

Guillotine and sweep are good "footsie" tools, both breaks Asterius if he attempts something and could hit Shadow Labrys.

Tougou likes to rushdown, DP a lot. Kappa

So, playing patiently is the key to the matchup? Seems like breaking the enemy bull while keeping our own bull safe is the priority here.

Are EX Asterius moves recommended for this matchup?

And for rushdown S.Labs, we just DP then? Aight, I'll start doing that. 8)

inb4 I eat Fatal 5Bs/2Bs

8C a lot.

j.B a lot.

If enemy Asterius is missing, start moving and holding 5D.

See enemy Asterius trying to do something? 5B his face.

See enemy Shadow Labrys trying to approach? 2C.

Guillotine and sweep are good "footsie" tools, both breaks Asterius if he attempts something and could hit Shadow Labrys.

Tougou likes to rushdown, DP a lot. Kappa

Pretty much this. I'd avoid relying on j.B though because of the threat of 2C. Other than that, it's a pretty simple match.

Also, my rushdown is legit. Get out of here.

Recommended SB Asterius attacks are the same as any match-up:

236C+D is good for forcing the opponent to defend and gives you room to breathe. If I remember correctly, laser does not break Asterius, but pillar will, you can really force some turtle play with this.

214C+D is only useful for forcing the opponent to block when Asterius is RIGHT ON THEM. Using it for the shockwave is really useless, might as well use standard, not SB. Don't remember if it breaks Asterius, my notes say no, but I feel like I forgot to test it.

[4]6C+D is always situational. At best, you can use it on a cornered opponent for a fast command grab.

Overall, I'd rather use the meter on 1MC or super (because her health is crap, a Challenge Authority ender might actually kill them).

Using random defensive sweeps/Guillotines when someone is running at you does stupid wonders. Like, stupid. Literally. Not a lot of Shadow Labrys's attacks have better range or speed than sweep and Guillotine. Just don't do it when you notice enemy Asterius missing. Sweep can go under 2C though, so that's a safe option.