Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Kimura

[P4A] Aigis Tips and Tricks Thread

Here at the request of Hexanoid due to the writing of my beginner mode Orgia mixup tip, I've decided to use the Lambda thread format. Tips will be added from time to time.

Also thanks to the Aigis Skype Chat for checking things for me. If you posted something that I glossed over, remind me and I shall be sure to put it in the second time.

Orgia Mode Mixup Primer by Mr. Kimura

So you're sitting in training mode, watching Aigis twirl her hand while you twiddle your thumbs. If you're an experienced player you may already know this stuff. For those of you starting out, you need to learn what to do in a match when you land those ever important hits in Orgia mode. Its not hard to do actually, but for some people you may need consistent practice. So make sure you follow these paths but try to be creative at the same time.

To start, put the dummy in a block randomly mode, with block switching disabled. Switch between crouch and standing if you want, and eventually put on block switching as you progress. What entails is pretty much a flowchart (we had enough of those in SFIV with Ken didn't we?)

Orgia Mode Hit Confirm Paths

Also Known as the Scrub Aigis Flowchart

j.B>j.C>5B>j.C>etc.

Did j.B hit? If it did, go to j.C and continue the combo.

Did j.B get blocked? If it did, go to j.C>5B>etc.

If 5B hits, you can then go to sweep (2A+B)>Orgia dash>j.B>j.C>5B and finish the combo.

If 5B gets blocked, you can then still attempt sweep. If sweep hits continue on to j.B>j.C>5B and finish the combo.

If sweep is blocked, then you can make another attempt to jump in with Orgia dash, with j.B>j.C, throw, or attempt to go low. Just be weary of being too predictable. Be weary of DP's and Bursts. To be honest B+Ds and Bursts aren't actually all that bad! You can make them work to your favor if they actually miss, since you can get a lovely punish combo. Also, work on throw combos! Her throw combos are meterless with Orgia.

This method isn't really daunting since you're essentially doing a repeated similar pattern. Once you get oriented in training mode a little, mix it up a little more like you would a real opponent. Also be aware that you can dash cancel other normals too, if you feel you want to do a 5A>5B>Orgia dash or whatever, go ahead; get creative. Maybe mix some j.A's in there, or replace 5B with 5A for a tick throw or to catch mashing? 5B>j.B is a good way to get them to open up if they're catching on with the low/high.

For any new players, please practice your confirms and combos. Preferably combos first, then work on confirms with you nice new combo. Another thing to do when you can do this stuff consistently is to record Aigis do the mixup, and then try to get out of it with another character. Yet another thing to do to get your fingers in shape is to put the dummy on block everything with block switching, and see how long you can keep the pattern going. If you do it right, the CPU will go into a Guard Bonus state.

This method should be applied to any combo really, and any character. Have fun. Be sure to watch this video as a supplement for your Orgia combos.

Also, please add any tips or tips you have to share with others, especially to newer players. Aigis is a hard character to grasp, and we shouldn't do it alone if there's a community!

Combos

• If you're having trouble doing Double Megido in the corner: If you jump a few frames after Megido SB hits, you don't have to worry about guessing which side to 214A, Aigis will drop down in the direction she jumped and you can easily 214A. (... >236CD>8>land>214A>etc.)

• If you're having trouble doing (in Orgia) 2A+B>j.B>j.C:You must cancel immediately out of the sweep by pressing forward and doing j.B early as possible. However, adding a move or two before the sweep makes it easier, and can be done even at a fair distance.

• If you're having trouble getting j.B>j.C (in Orgia) to connect:Since at longer distances, after an Orgia dash, you'll be lower to the ground as opposed to a short hop-like dash. Remedy this with j.B>5A>2A+B (or some other variation, you can add j.A after j.B if you'd like, or combo to 5B after 5A as well). If you're doing j.B>5A just make sure you wait a brief moment for Aigis to land, or you'll get j.A or it won't come out at all.

• If you're having trouble doing 2B>j.A>jc>j.A>j.B>j.2B>5AA>(j.A)>j.C>j.236D: This combo usually works if you catch the opponent at lower heights. Mess around in training and find for yourself.

Okizeme/Safe Jumps/Mix Ups

• For starters, learn how to do Orgia stuff! (See the first massive info box)

• 2A+B>22B>j.2B (as you're coming down, holding back ASAP) is a safe jump against Kanji.

• After landing a D Megido, land and jump/superjump with j.B or j.2B, and hold block as soon as you can. This is a universal safe jump. j.2B works better on Kanji and Yosuke. It works like this: Do j.2B low to the ground after a normal jump. The bombs should be in Yosuke/Kanji's teching space and they gets hit during the tech. Against Kanji you just do a 5B right after and go for high/low, but do not attempt when he is in Awakening.

• The j.C Crossup: After the D Megido knockdown - 8/9>66>A+C>j.C or 8/9>3>A+C>j.C can be used to cross them up for another combo. Not if doing an 8 jump you will need to be higher to cross up. Also be sure not to hold any direction for too long, as you need to cross them up, not fly over them.

• Some Mid Pressure Mixup:5A>jc(9)>66>A+C>j.C>5B crosses up everybody and works on everyone.

5A>jc(8)>66>A+C>jB>5A fakes the cross up and only works on the fatter characters like Kanji, Teddy, Yu, Mitsuru,Chie, Labyrs, Akihiko.

5A>jc(9)>66>A+C>jB>5A will cross up and 5A will only connect on Yu, Chie, Kanji and Mitsuru. Not being able to dash 5A makes this not work on everyone.
    This cross up is even harder to block than on wake up and have the option of continuing pressure on block.

• Even More Crossups: j.2B counts as a projectile and can be used to cross up midscreen and in corner. Its especially nasty in the corner. Check this out.

• New Orgia Flowchart:This is for more advanced players who feel comfortable with the old stuff, or those who the old stuff isn't working for them.

jB>jA>2A>5A>2B(1 hit)>5B
    The 2B is optional to throw off the timing to IB 5B.

If they block until 5B, you can do 66[3]>jBjA or do sweep. You can do a cross up on 5A. Vary the timing between jB and jA to get different amounts oh hits before you land. You can also go jB straight into 2A.

For sweep, you do 2AB>66[3]>j1A. This will beat most DPs on normal block, and requires precise timing on IB. Yu, Mitsuru, Naoto, Akihiko can only DP on IB. Kanji, Teddy, and Yosuke can DP this on normal sweep block. Use jB on Yukiko instead since her DP's guard point will keep you in the air for too long.

For triple megido combos, there are 2 main combo paths to follow. If they get hit by jB, jA, then the combo path would be jBjA>5AA2B>jC>236CD>214A. If they get hit by 2A, then it's the same thing. If they get hit by sweep, it's 2AB>66[3]>j1A>5A>2B>jC>236CD>214A. I exclude the jB>j2B during SP megido since it makes Megido D hard to do.
    -ContMuffin

Misc.

• Using 22B while in Orgia Mode will put you in overheat for 12 seconds. Don't do it.

Burst/B+D Punishes

[*]If in Orgia, 2A+B>combo is the best punish for blocked DPs and the like. Without Orgia, you could combo with the 5AA 22B combo. If you're overheated, do 5B>5C>Goddess Shield>Spear super.

Playstyle

[*]j.C is a really good jumping attack. Its quick, and is easy to confirm off of. Learn to pick up as many hits as you can with it.

[*]2B is good for spacing and anti-airing. It can be rolled through so don't get too predictable off of it. It can also lead to some easy combos if it does anti-air them.

[*]j.A's first hit only is an overhead. Keep that in mind.

I want to make sure about something, during (2A+B)>Orgia dash>j.B>j.C>5B I am unable to get the j.B after the sweep with ground tech enabled in orgia mode of course. And with it disabled all i get is a yellow combo counter. Can you recommend any tips or verify that this is a true combo?

Or did I misunderstand the notation?

I want to make sure about something, during (2A+B)>Orgia dash>j.B>j.C>5B I am unable to get the j.B after the sweep with ground tech enabled in orgia mode of course. And with it disabled all i get is a yellow combo counter. Can you recommend any tips or verify that this is a true combo?

Or did I misunderstand the notation?

It works, (even at max range) the timing is just very strict. You pretty much need to auto-pilot that part of the string as fast as possible to get it to combo. Holding forward during (2A+B) helps so u get the dash as soon as it connects.

Interesting discovery for those having trouble with double megido combos in the corner. If you jump a few frames after megido SB hits, you don't have to worry about guessing which side to 214A, Aigis will drop down in the direction she jumped and you can easily 214A.

Interesting discovery for those having trouble with double megido combos in the corner. If you jump a few frames after megido SB hits, you don't have to worry about guessing which side to 214A, Aigis will drop down in the direction she jumped and you can easily 214A.

Can you clarify what you mean? So like .... > 236 CD > 8 > land > 214A?

This should actually help a lot...I had trouble getting the damaging combo off the corner. Gonna try this out. :eng101:

Can you clarify what you mean? So like .... > 236 CD > 8 > land > 214A?

Yes.

This should actually help a lot...I had trouble getting the damaging combo off the corner. Gonna try this out. :eng101:

No problem. Nearly every Aigis I've seen videos of does it, can't believe I missed it until now.

Yes.

No problem. Nearly every Aigis I've seen videos of does it, can't believe I missed it until now.

Hm, the majority of the time I do this, aigis gets "caught" on athena or something and her jump messes up causing her to fall even more ambiguously than before. If i do the jump wayy late she'll go straight up but then cant do cannon. Is it just strict timing between the two?

I just went in the lab and tested this last night, if you do: 5a, 5a, j.c, 236c+d facing your opponent when they are backed in the corner you will always cross them up and so you should input the 214a as if your back is to the corner. Just my experience, I don't think it's character specific but I tested it with akihiko as training dummy. I could see the jump cancel being helpful for people who have trouble delaying the 214a but i don't think that's hard once you get the timing.

I think it might just be a good habit to do though if you double jump right after j.236CD since the situation you land EX Megido may not always be consistently clean.

Like a problem I used to have is that sometimes I hit an opponent out of the air in the corner at j.Cs max range and do EX Megido, while Aigis will usually land facing towards the opponent, you will land almost directly underneath the opponent and I've had 214A whiff completely even if the timing would normally be correct.

Might just be me though.

What are the best confirms off of j.C in Orgia mode and not?

Also, I really need help with movement. I don't really know how to approach.

in orgia mode the typical thing you would do after a j.C would be 236C+D, if you didn't have the meter for some reason you would probably just do 236D for oki setup. Without orgia mode the best thing would be either to go into orgia mode while they're teching out, step back and get some zoning setup ready (against rushdown characters like kanji/akihiko obviously not so much against liz/yuki) or if you get used to watching how your opponent techs you can super jump after the 2nd hit of a j.c and dash up for an air grab. Hitbox on airgrab is pretty lenient as far as height goes it seems.

If nobody minds; I'm just going to dump all my random brainstorming/reminders/tricks/gimmicks and things that i think, see hear and read about that could apply to Aigis. Somethings may be redundant/duh/derp and could just be reiterated from posts in other threads but it would be nice to have all of that good stuff on a unified post here.

Tips:

-You could end combos with B+D if you're low on Orgia meter, want to change back to normal mode and/or want to create distance to set up zoning/recovering Orgia meter at the cost of oki

-If you can't get the timing down for the 214A follow up after 236CD, try whiffing 5A after landing then doing the 214A.

Tricks:Gimmicks =D

-9AC > C Megido turns you into a giant flaming hitbox that hurls you towards your opponent from nearly full screen, can be used to close gaps, can follow up with a combo if it connects

-SB Vulcan(j.236AB) can be used to do either a cross up or a feint cross up on the opponent and ground bounces them away to create space.

> 9AC > j.236AB (Jump/hop towards them at a distance that would obviously not cross up, air turn and Vulcan, the back flip on SB Vulcan will make Aigis cross up)

> alternatively, you can jump over an opponent to cross them up and flip back over to your original side with SB Vulcan for a cross up feint

> Non SB Vulcan could work as well if you just want the damage

> if you hit the opponent into the corner you can follow up with a combo

Yeah, random air Megido is pretty funny. It will clash out a lot of things including stuff like Yu DPs and then suck people up.

I don't really understand the Crossup J.C.

Can it only be done after certain moves or something?

It's not hard to do. Generally after a knock down, you jump to the other side of your opponent and press A+C to face the other direction in the air and press j.C. You can follow a megido after that or 236 D and reset your oki. Catches quite a lot of people off guard. j.C is not the only option...you can also do j.B and mix it up or even empty jump after you cross them up.

so i was going through the aigis wiki and noticed that u can hold 214.a/b to delay the detonation havent tryed it yet but if thats true it seems like we could do some dirty stuff on a knock down off megido. d - anyone know of anything with this? i heard AKA might know some stuff but i havent heard anything new from him other then watever hes doing is pretty hard

so i was going through the aigis wiki and noticed that u can hold 214.a/b to delay the detonation havent tryed it yet but if thats true it seems like we could do some dirty stuff on a knock down off megido. d - anyone know of anything with this?

Actually, you have to press the button you used to do Radical Cannon again to get the explosion to come out early. Also, I doubt you can do anything special with that after a knockdown (or at least, I haven't seen anything like that), but there's always her safe jump stuff so just use that.

Something interesting to do while in Orgia Mode. It's similar to the cross up people get blown up by on wake up but it's done mid pressure and it's a bit faster. It looks similar to Magneto's 8 way air dash mix ups in MvC3.

5A>jc(9)>66>A+C>jC>5B crosses up everybody and works on everyone. 5A>jc(8)>66>A+C>jB>5A fakes the cross up and only works on the fatter characters like Kanji, Teddy, Yu, TITsuru(You literally knee her in the tits lol), Chie, Laby, Akihiko.

5A>jc(9)>66>A+C>jB>5A will cross up and 5A will only connect on Yu, Chie, Kanji and Mitsuru. Not being able to dash 5A makes this not work on everyone.

This cross up is even harder to block than on wake up and have the option of continuing pressure on block.

I was playing a few matches with my friends, and I decided to mess around with counters. My one friend plays Yosuke; his air release oki is really annoying. I noticed how much j2D stalls in the air and I tried using in on air tech. j2D seemed to have made it more difficult for Yosuke to do his air relase oki. j2D also baits alot anti-air really well.

Hey found what I was talking about with the 214.a for oki of d. Megido knockdown u can do 214a and tap to detonate the bomb right as the opp techs up for a gimmicky 50/50 haven't tested to much but figure I'd post this

Hey found what I was talking about with the 214.a for oki of d. Megido knockdown u can do 214a and tap to detonate the bomb right as the opp techs up for a gimmicky 50/50 haven't tested to much but figure I'd post this

Seems really pointless compared to what Aigis players are already doing.

I found a bunch of really cool things that are really practical and make everything considerably easier to confirm. Also they do more damage from the most part and work from more ranges.

I am not telling anybody. EAD

imdabes