Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MashThat5A

[P4A] Yu Narukami vs Labrys

If you IB 5A you can B+D before 5AA, but she can choose to block.

If you IB 214A/B/SB(1) you can B+D the second hit.

Block punishes vs Labrys:

B+D

- CH 214A

- FC 2C

A+B

- (dash) CH 5C

Chain Knuckle > Winch Dash > Extra Attack B (IB)

- CH > 5A

Guillotine Axe (IB first hit)

- B+D

Weaver's Art: Beast

- air hit CH 2B(1)

- air hit FC 2C

- dash 5C

- (during flash) A+C > dash FC 21B

- (during flash) Myriad Truths

Note: In crouch state during landing recovery.

Weaver's Art: Breaking Wheel

- (during flash) jump over CH 214A/FC 2C

- (close, during flash) A+C > CH 214A/FC 2C

- (during flash) Cross Slash/Myriad Truths

Note: Wait a bit before punishing so you don't hit the gears during your combo.

Weaver's Art: Inquisition

- FC 214B/2C

- (during flash) Myriad Truths

I'll edit this if something's wrong or needs to be added.

Okay, can someone help me out with how to deal with Labrys once she gets in? Her pressure feels REAAAALLY solid, it's kinda getting to my head.

Neutral she's a bit of a pain too, but not so much since Yu is pretty much faster than her. Do I just need to learn to start instant blocking her stuff?

You can do 2 2As on her wakeup, confirm that she did her furious action, and then uppercut on reaction.

What should I be doing when she does j.B? I feel like 2B doesn't beat it most of the time.
j.b/j.a has been working for me.

I do not know if the character is encountered that much anymore but I still feel I am so weak against her when I should not be. Instant blocking is key and proper spacing of just about anything. Gimmicks first: 214 A/B can catch player who don't expect, but don't use it raw mix it up in a block string if you feel like messing with them. If I don't like my jump arc I use to redirect myself and catch the Labrys unaware but don't count on it. Be very aware of her block string do not mash anything, more often than not the player will use a move with guard like her all out attack and catch you for big damage.

Tactic (my own so please if there are better tactic post them!): 5B is your friend here, at the start of the match some player will instantly auto combo to catch you off guard and rush in. Score a counter hit and set up the oki. Jump back B works okay too but beware her Guillotine Axe that will catch or her all out attack. Sliding is useful but D version is a one hit wonder, maybe if you are lucky and the planets are aligned you can catch them. But experience with practically all of the cast will teach you that they will IB it and they will punish you, hard. Instead opt for a meaty 214C if at all. 236C is also nice as it can catch them counter hit. Use dash to avoid a player if he/she constantly spams and keep to mid range if at all.

I hope to post here again with better strategies but above all IB everything when possible. Especially if they spam auto combo, it works for them. Do not let them get into your head.

Watch out for her j.D . The hitbox is really scary and can start pressure really strong. ESPECIALLY in the corner. Yu can 214D before j.D frames fully come out and get a fatal counter as well as start a slightly high damage combo.