Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[P4A] Kanji vs. Aigis: Are you saying I can dodge bullets?

No. I'm saying when you're ready, you won't have to.

My fun begins. ~AXIS edit the sequel~

Neutral:

Full screen: Your gameplan is using J.D and close in the gap. fullscreen is good since you can snipe her with D if she turns on orgia mode.

Don't worry about full screen approach it can be punished with 236D/2B.

You can also run away which is gonna be the best option in general.

Mid screen: 5D range is a good place to be, 2B becomes punishable if you roll it now.

Grab her or 5A crouch confirm if you get around 2B.

At this range play to your advantage and punish accordingly, she isn't scary.

Close range: Close range on offense is pretty simple, do your normal mix up game and do as much damage as possible in case she DP's you.

If you Bait a DP then pick your punish, if you use C normals then she should lose 5k+.

Normals to worry about: Normals you have to worry about from her are:

5B: You can't DP her cannon it just beats you.

5C: hits pretty far, can be rolled if you yomi.

2B: 7F start up and covers a lot of area I told you how to punish it already.

2AB: Her sweep has good range, if you get hit she gets a free orgia change, IB it and punish her.

Her normal string will usually involve some jab into dash cancel overhead stuff like:

2AA > dash j.B or sweep > j.B

If the player notices you are blocking that then she can opt to empty dash and 2A.

Eating a j.B overhead leads to almost 4k while eating the sweep gets her almost 5k.

Some of these strings do have gaps that you can DP and IBing the sweep makes the j.B not air tight.

So step up on the defense and make her change out of orgia.

You are at an advantage when she is not in orgia mode.

How to punish her R action?

If you block it then you have these choices.

dash up 5AA>air bnb.

Run 214C/214C+D

dash 2C fatal (must be close)

Dash 5C > 236A+B confirm

2147B (tiger knee pounce/wayne brady) it will CH so you should make sure to practice the confirm for this.

Notes:

It hits about a character length away and it pushes her back so you cannot R action her R action unless she is in the corner and punishing is spacing dependent.

Her Megido flare (spinning flame wheel move) is safe on block if it's the A version or SB version. (A version horizontal and B version goes more vertical.)

They are also unburstable on hit as well.

Learn a good time to burst Aigis if you choose to or be me and not burst because you want to half life people off confirms.

Some extended info since I got better from playing different players etc etc.

Few notes that might not be 100% obvious for people who haven't spent the 3 seconds picking aigis(Read: me, last night, getting bodied in a mm 3-5)--

Orgia mode gives Aigis new moves and movement options--specifically, she can go 2AB sweep into near instant overheads. It's not an IAD, it's just her WALKING forward, so DPs will usually get blocked and punished like mad if they're looking for it.

If they aren't varying their mixup very much, you can block a 2AB/J.B/whichever and do a reversal 2B which will air unblock her, but gets beaten/baited about as easily as the DP, albeit less painfully.

In addition to this, Orgia mode can go into a 'overheated' mode where they can't use it until the gauge fully fills. Aigis' DP forces her to switch modes on use, so keep that in mind when trying to guess what they'll do for mixup--they may avoid doing their DP if their meter is too low and they want to try and recover/avoid overheating. Conversely, if they're at a good spot and can take the risk... they may pop it to get orgia mode.

If it isn't point blank, Aigis' 5B won't get shocked by DP (Got hit by it a few times during Orgia dash pressure and it gets confirmed into flame wheel very easily). In addition to this, she's got several safejumps on some of the cast, and just glancing over the intro thread I saw ...~3 that were listed as kanji safejumps? Her Persona's standing pokes (spear swing) don't have a hitbox in the spear, meaning DP won't even damage the persona bar... I can go on, but the long story short is, Aigis has a LOT of safe options to try and bait out the DP in and out of Orgia mode, so don't DP WHATSOEVER unless you're 100% certain you have to and it will hit.

Make sure you have a good punish for when she does her shield charge super--test what you can do at different spacings on the screen, as it's always an option for her to try and escape pressure, especially if she can OMC. If you can predict one coming and they're going for OMC, roll through it after the superflash and punish based on spacing (If you're in the corner and near them, best I can see is to do J.D, if it's midscreen you might be able to do a J.214x, and if you're far from them you can practice superjumping it backwards and punish that shit like a honda headbutt.)

Her awakening super (The upwards spear) seems to be safe on block as far as I can tell and the hitbox is wide enough where you can't stand slightly out of range and punish it, but you get a free punish into 5A/Grab/Supergrab/w/e if you roll through it, so if you're into making wild guesses during pressure and think a super is coming + OMC, blocking and rolling after superflash is what you want, especially as if she goes for DP instead, you can just run up punish it. (Oh, and if you're predicting a jump on their wakeup/paralyze in the corner, TK 214 ssseeems to beat DP often enough, so there's two options gone but i might be wrong on that.)

And, random note... a lot of Aigis online I've seen can't time missile barrage ---> orgia rushdown mode without leaving a gap for DP/Grab. As far as I can tell that's just them being bad, it's safe, respect it lol.

lastly, as mentioned earlier, she seems to have a kanji safejump with that little command move that shits grenades. If you see them using this, respect it!

Hope this info is accurate, just scrubbing about looking for things myself so there's a fair chance a chunk of it is wrong. =3=

if you block point blank r action, you get 5c ch im like 99% positive.

run ex grab is the most reliable, its 1f faster than c grab. run c grab is guaranteed from any range but im positive its frame tight without an IB. be very wary with this. max range you cannot do super grab, its too slow.

the easiest punish is raw beatdown (j214B). you can get a one more off this and do like a clean 50%. its very reliable and you'll never fuck it up, i promise.

If you block Aigis' DP, I think the best you can get is a dash 2B CH combo. Maybe you can do dash air hit 5C FC instead though, I haven't tested that.

EDIT: Nope, you can get a dash 5C FC if your close, but not if you are farther away. 2B CH is the most reliable.

EDIT 2: Hm, looks like it's either really difficult or not possible to get 2B CH if you block at max (or near max) distance either.

To punish Aigis' DP, if you instant block it you can just walk forward slightly and 2C FC, on normal block you can only walk up 2C if you block at almost point blank range, like when you block Megido fire and they mash on DP. If I run into Aigis players who almost always use Furious Action/Super on wakeup, I tend to just walk up and instant block.

Yeah, most optimal punish for Aigis dp is 5c/2c depending on meter and spacing.