Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[P4A] Kanji vs. Shadow Labrys: Asterios would make a bitchin' tattoo.

Someone on twitter asked me about this fight.

Stay away from her.

Respect 2B and j.B.

Don't IB block strings and watch her persona's attack start up and what she is doing.

I advice you go to practice and play her a bit to know what she is gonna do before she does it.

Her persona can take 410 damage iirc before she loses a card or you just hit S.labrys when she is trying to use it.

Ok so lets talk about approach?

5D, j.D, 2D smart and if she blocks you are in it for free.

Her R action is really fast so no baiting it like normal labrys, also leads to a combo with knockdown on CH which is really bad no matter where you are.

Her R action is just as punishable as regular Labrys so that's fine.

I said this once before but stay away from her but don't be dumb and back yourself in a corner.

Oh lastly learn what her oki is and react to it.

It's hard but at the end of the day she won't be as unbeatable as you may think.

5aa (second hit) and 5B, J.B are all great for counterhitting her persona. A j.C as soon as you start the match isn't always ag ood idea, but if they aren't immediately blocking it WILL hit aster... asterios? the persona.

Be careful on wakeup if you want to consider doing a B+D--If Slab just holds 5D (Persona block) right over your wakeup, her persona will absorb the attack and leave you completely open for free.

And... kanji is pretty boned against her massive slaughter(? persona command grab) loop, as far as I can tell. Don't get knocked down. :C

Yeah I was wondering what the proper response was to that massive slaughter oki in the corner was. I played against Banana Ken a decent amount and was able to hold my own, but when he got me in the corner I just couldn't figure out how to beat that at all.

RIGHT SO

1. massive slaughter (bite loop)

ever since people figured that out people have been doing different variations of it-both ones aimed at late tech and early tech. One option that'll always work is 236236A/B into OMC, but outside of that, if the person is smart and alternating between early/late tech...

a. if they're going for the setup legit, you can gold burst her j.a

b. if she's baiting said gold burst in the air, hop up and air grab her.

c. if it's a late setup, earlytech sweep OMC works.

you can punish her DP the same way you can normal labrys's-you just have less time to do it. Off of an oki situation you have enough time for a 5AA before getting hit by the DP. at that timing, you can do 5A AoA, 5AA DP, and 5AA 236236A/B to go through her armor just fine. AoA can be a problem because she can supercancel once she hits your armor and similar if your DP is mistimed, but the last should always work and net you a ch 2.8k or 5k+ with OMC. If it's outside of oki your best bet is just confirming a 5A and hoping DP will hit in time or going straight for 236236A/B.

knowing what she can and can't do with her pressure is pretty important-her normals aren't as good as labrys', her 5aaa chain has gaps between each hit, 5B sweep has a gap, etc etc.

remembering that 5C/2C can both gatling into 5B is pretty great here, giving you the same frames of recovery as a normal 5c but with 5B potentially hitting asterios! 2C at the right spacing is also great, as the recovery is crazy fast on it.

2b is pretty great since you can do a nice 50% on her with a CH, but if she's relying on IAD j.b once she sees you go for it, it's almost guarenteed too slow to use properly.

her EX overhead can cancel into specials-in particular, she can chain it into itself as long as she has meter. be careful if you see it lol.

her EX persona moves have armor on asterios, so only supers will break them-if you are inside of his hitbox, you can still DP to get a 'armor hit' and supercancel off of it, thankfully.

her chargeup super isn't unblockable, and watch for it if you block her DP, god knows you don't want to eat 3-4k for a silly mistake. you can IK it on reaction to the slash superflash lol.

play it slow and cautious at neutral, don't let her in for free, don't rush her shite down without good reason and it can be managable until bananaman comes around :V