Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : General Discussion

Unfortunently Faust doesn't have that many options when enemies poke from a close distance. He basically has 3 things, standing punch, crouching punch, and close Slash. My suggestion is that you just block for now. Why I tell you this is because you can then pay attention to your enemy's pressure. You can watch for patterns and ways out. You can learn to make use of Perfect guard, and instant blocking to improve your defense too.

Aight then, I will do that. Thanks!

Also, I just found out that I can cross up with Faust's HandSlap FB. Dunno how useful it can be

since it is somewhat situationa but I will try to implement in my game, lol.

And how do I IAD after hitting the HandSlap FB? I've done it a few times by accident but don't know how to do it consistently.

Also, how do I IAD after hitting the HandSlap FB? I've done it a few times by accident but don't know how to do it consistently.

You complete recovery of slap while airborne, so all you have to do is dash :D

BTW, if you are panic mashing:

- 5P and throw are the best moves to panic mash. No normal is faster than 5P for FA (6f startup) other than throw. 2P is... not such a good idea. I keep trying it against Sol and Dizzy and I keep getting thrown.

- Watch your super meter! This applies to everyone, really, but seeing as how FA has options that mostly consist of block/jump when he's at the receiving end of a rush, it counts. If you will soon have the meter for a DAA, think about whether or not DAA is desired (vs. Eddie = no, vs. most others = yes), and maybe you can just sit tight for a bit and get it rather than using FD and not being able to use it. Or maybe you are far from getting enough meter for it, so just consider whether or not you should FD.

- 5D is not a panic mashing move. It is, however, incredibly satisfying to counter hit other people's 5Ds.

Generally, you can use FD jump/superjump to get out of pressures. After that, you can do j.2K (which is quite strong so it won't get beaten that easily) or throw a bomb bag. Or, you can play guessing games with the opponent by using FDC j.2K to brake your fall. There're another ways to escape out of pressures. AFAIK in #R, 6P is actually a good move you can use to get out of pressures. Because it has above-feet invincibility, so you can beat or hit-trade as long as your opponent doesn't use low-hitting moves. I'm not sure whether it can work that way in AC. Another way to break your opponent's pressures is by using 236236S overdrive, which has invincibility effect and also makes Faust so low on the ground. Well although it's not that safe.

I'm not sure if 6p would be a good option in most cases. I don't know the frame data on that move but it seems to come with quite a bit of start up and recovery. It's a good move if you see something coming that can be countered by it, but for quick defensive measures, it might not be so good imo.

my 6p often gets beat/trades with many common pressure jump-ins which pretty much puts my back into corner pressure. corner pressure is usually where i die. if i'm lucky, i'll get a free throw. but usually i use FD's extra push and try to give myself more time for something like 5K. that handslap crossup is good! it keeps you very close, close enough to combo. the first time, i did it without knowing (accident) and even then i could still combo it after being surprised and all. and i would love to see a faust tutorial too! i always find something i should use when watching tutorials.

The handchop is good to use in some situations (e.g. CH potemkin's slidehead). I think unless the opponent is backed into the corner you can't really followup after a normal hit off of his FB chop. I know if you land it as a counter then you can followup for sure.. obviously.

I'm not sure if 6p would be a good option in most cases. I don't know the frame data on that move but it seems to come with quite a bit of start up and recovery. It's a good move if you see something coming that can be countered by it, but for quick defensive measures, it might not be so good imo.

6p has VERY LITTLE STARTUP but a lot of recovery. I use 6p has a Shoryu versus things like Slayer's 6k and trade hits, get a counter hit, and combo.

Random Thought: Been trying to put more guard-bar build up into my game. Just having them block a j.2k and landing 2k (2 or 3) hits into a Mettakiri > air combo does as much damage as an average normal b&b followup from sweep. Other good guardbar buildup moves are 2HS, 6HS, and 5HS. Just thought people might want to keep that in mind

Im interested to know if there are any character specific counters and/or combos that work on zappa and potemkin Definently potemkin. But most of them don't do particularly that much damage. In slash this was useful because you could pick up pot after a sweep, but no need now with 2D>2S (vacuum)

There are a few for pot, but not as useful in AC now that he can do 2D>2S. I'll see if I can dig up some useful stuff for zappa.

Hey everybody---not too active in here it seems, but I come, like pretty much anyone else here, trying to improve my Faust game.

I'm living in Japan and after finding a semi-hidden game center over here, I must confess that the local GG scene is absolutely nuts; four AC machines, almost always occupied, with winstreaks that have approached the triple digits...anyhow, with that said, I would like some feedback, advice, criticism, etc. in regards to this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oCZqjSNbSpI

I realize I'm not the greatest (or even great), but any/all feedback would be pretty nifty.

Thanks,

Gerk

You both seem to be new to the game, isn't it? o.o But he seems to know more combos(and he tries more) You need to know at least the Faust's basic system, like 5K and 6P to air counter, f.S and 2H as mid range ground pokes, j.H as far air poke, etc And learn how to guard(but it's only with experience) Some combos you'll learn with time... check here =] As you are at Japan, ask more to them. I think the japanese people'll help a lot.

Yeah the Japanese will no a lot to help you out if you ask the right people. Not ALL of them are good though. One thing to note, you did way to many 6HS's. Also you need to learn to bail from your pogo stance a lot sooner than you were doing. The sol player would back away all the way to the other side of the screen yet you still chose to stay in the pogo stance. Use 6HS more on wake up and cancel it into a 236S if he gets hit by it on the ground. But yeah like Akira said check these forum for some good air combos as well.

I'd suggest two things: 1) As Akira mentioned, work on guarding, and be especially prepared to FDC any sort of dash. 2) Make steady use of the 2D, 2S, B&B Air Combo gatling. It's tension-free and pretty easy to execute. I think everything else has been covered by Akira and Zoogstin. You're doing fine. Keep it up and we'd all love to see how you progress.

6H is not a reliable follow up to FB handslap. try f.S > item or 5K, jK, jS, jH if they're close. 5K has a lot of range, but most characters can dash under it, so it's not a great poke on sol. item cancels out of blocked normal strings. bursting. i think the first two were at bad times since although you were under pressure, it was in a transition between strings. i couldn't see your tension, but you could have used FD or a DAA on blocking the next string. yeah, and combos like everyone else said.

Thanks for the support Kyle, and congrats on your new mod-ship!

Anyway I decided to post team Poland's Slash Faust Tutorial vid, for the benifit of people who didn't play Faust back before AC. Its still great, and much of it still applies. I was thinking of producing an updated version, but I'm not sure if theres much to add.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlcVYK7SPrs

Firstly, thank you all for your criticisms---I have taken them to mind and I seem to be improving...well, I hope so anyhow, cause sometimes it's hard to tell.

I'm a little confused as to how exactly to link Faust's 2D,2S into an air combo. Whenever I try to get it set up the opponent seems to instantly air recover. When exactly do I mash up to leave the ground? Does it have to be neutral up, or can it be 7/9? Also, is the same general setup possible if I link the 2S into a 5K? Forgive my newbie-ish questions but given the number of factors involved here, I can't be 100% sure about how anything really works...it's like a game of Mastermind or something. heheh.

Next is a somewhat related issue and that's Faust's dust/aerial-rave whatever. 9 times out of 10 the Dust will abruptly end after the 2nd HS, as the S will completely whiff (I am referring, of course to the HS,HS,S,K,P,K,etc.) I've noticed my limited successes come from manipulating 8 on the joystick off and on, but the question is when exactly?

Aaaand my last question today isn't really Faust-related (er, not even general, so much as meta-game) but I'm curious as to if anyone has any tips for dealing with overheads and/or mix-ups. Today the game center was, dare I say, infested with Sol and Slayer players (one Sol of whom was apparently well-known in Japan, but when I asked who he was I got his real first name, so no help there---but I digress) and I didn't so much get my ass kicked 8 times in a row by Slayer so much as get owned time and time again by his completely untelegraphed overhead kick...very frustrating and only causes me to wonder when the hell this game became Tekken (since the last GG I actually played was GGX. That is to say, one X.) Okay, that was a smidge too long...>_> But seriously, any assistance there would prevent about 94 future headaches---the worst kind.

Okay, thank you to everyone who is taking the time to help me improve. Have a good one.

comboing into the jK after 2S is a link not a buffer. Meaning you only have a small window to input the k button so that it will actually connect. after you perform 2D 2S I'd recommend holding up that way Faust will jump immediately the moment he is able to. You have to time you jk just as Faust jumps. I know for other characters and their moves, a you can input a command imediately after a jump cancelable move connect the the character will immediately jump and do that move. This is not Faust's case. he'll jump pretty quickly after the 2S hits but you can't just input the jk too soon. Time it just as Faust jumps into the air. Then you should be good. In previous versions of GGXX Faust's dust combo never had that S in it. It works in AC but connecting with it is distance dependent, meaning how far away you are from you're from your opponent when you hit with the initial 5D. Not only that, but the distance at which you need to connect the S is also character dependent but generally you'll want to make sure that your 5D hits from far range rather than close. But that's not always going to happen. Most vids I see, the Faust player doesn't even include the S. I don't I can tell you that. I'd recommend not worrying about the S. That way your dust combo will work from all distances on all characters except for chipp. So just do HS,HS,k,p,k,jck,s,hs Overheads and mix-ups are simply put: tricky. For the many moves you just have to see them coming and predict them. You'll wrong sometimes, thats just the way things are. You can see certain overheads and you should be able to block them on reaction. For some overheads, there speed may be too fast for you to block on reaction and that's where trying to predict them comes in. As for slayer. yeah that overhead gets me a lot. But I honestly think that it is slow enough to block on reaction. As you play more and get hit by them more you'll be able to recognize the intital animation of the move his over kick more and will be able to block it on reaction. That is your best bet of blocking it. When he has you in a block string, try to not fall asleep (if you know what I mean) and focus on anything suspicious. Understand that if he has you pressured and you're blocking low, all you really need to look for is either a high attack or throw attempt. That is all. Keep this mind and you have to be read for whatever comes your way. You'll learn what mixups your opponent has overtime since you're still relatively new.

Im about to pick faust up again along with zappa so I can make my favorite crazy Trio (:FA::ZA::AB:) and I always wanted to know how to do something ive seen with him before. Ive seen some faust players do this thing where faust jumps in the air and it looks like he does a quick faultless defense and he either looses altitude or stop for a quick second and it lets him do like a j.k after or something which seems to lead to some nice rush down. Ive tried it but I dont think I get the concept, it doesnt work right.

Ok I'll answer this again, but I'm putting up a new post on the Encyclopedia of Gameplay so I don't have to waste time retyping it. This is just simply Faultless Defense canceling Faust's jumping 2k. To perform it you simply hold the joystick down and back, press and hold kick and then, as quickly as possible, press Slash. You will now be Faustless defending, and using the momentum of j.2K. This is the simplest way to do it. For more elaboration on the subject please read this thread and the Slash General Discussion thread.

Ok I'll answer this again, but I'm putting up a new post on the Encyclopedia of Gameplay so I don't have to waste time retyping it.

This is just simply Faultless Defense canceling Faust's jumping 2k. To perform it you simply hold the joystick down and back, press and hold kick and then, as quickly as possible, press Slash. You will now be Faustless defending, and using the momentum of j.2K. This is the simplest way to do it. For more elaboration on the subject please read this thread and the Slash General Discussion thread.

Lol....ooooooooooooooh, that like makes total sense now thanks. :yaaay:

Sign in to follow this