Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : General Discussion

2. run up and do an early 2k (getting a max 2 hits out of it) into -> 2d -> 2s -> jc -> FD: Here , your rushing on the ground attempting to create a combo of the bomb itself. What should happen is, u hit the opp w/ 2k twice on wake up, then cont w/ the combo, resulting in you Faultless Defending in the air right as the bomb explodes, pop'n the opp. in the air for a nice a nice follow up air combo of your choice. This may take some practice.

This part here is quite confusing. When exactly are you throwing the bomb?

sorry to add this in but if if you see your opponent jump straight up 214s owns

This part here is quite confusing. When exactly are you throwing the bomb?

I think he's talking about the time bomb, not the bag bomb. In this case you throw out the time bomb and then do the 2K setup.

You know what would be really good? A list of reliable anti-airs against common jump-ins. I say this because it's said that Faust has one of the strongest sets of anti-air moves in the game along with Axl, but there's a ton of stuff that I don't know how to beat. Sure you can kick people out of moves with 5K during their jump/airdash, but once their move comes out 5K isn't always the answer. 6P only covers so much, and isn't going to save you from many crossups. 2S covers the right area for crossups, but I've found that I tend to trade or get counter hit when I try it... so am I just hitting it at the wrong time, or was the frame disadvantage such that it wouldn't have worked in the first place? I don't know. Take for instance Jam's 214K (flaming overhead kick). Aside from j.HS, I haven't managed to beat this move cleanly with any of his ground normals unless I hit her before it becomes active. Is j.HS the only answer? How about Baiken's j.HS and j.S? How about Johnny's j.HS? How about when he does that following a blocked coin? etc.

You know what would be really good?

A list of reliable anti-airs against common jump-ins.

I say this because it's said that Faust has one of the strongest sets of anti-air moves in the game along with Axl, but there's a ton of stuff that I don't know how to beat. Sure you can kick people out of moves with 5K during their jump/airdash, but once their move comes out 5K isn't always the answer. 6P only covers so much, and isn't going to save you from many crossups. 2S covers the right area for crossups, but I've found that I tend to trade or get counter hit when I try it... so am I just hitting it at the wrong time, or was the frame disadvantage such that it wouldn't have worked in the first place? I don't know.

Take for instance Jam's 214K (flaming overhead kick). Aside from j.HS, I haven't managed to beat this move cleanly with any of his ground normals unless I hit her before it becomes active. Is j.HS the only answer?

How about Baiken's j.HS and j.S?

How about Johnny's j.HS? How about when he does that following a blocked coin?

etc.

In this thread I give a basic overview of all the anti-airs.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3417

Right, but the information in that regard isn't comprehensive.

Devil's in the details!

It points out a few things you had problems with. Besides that learning to anti-air is all about timing, and partially about setups. 5K has been toned down and rarely cleanly beats any other moves in the game. At best it'll trade or clash. 2K now is the superior anti-air for jump-ins. The worst thing you can do is making it a habit to react 5K.

I never knew that you had to do super jump cancel for 2d, 2s, 5k. o_o I always thought it was the regular jump cancel and I was doing it wrong. I still prefer this over 2d, 2s, jc k, because with the former, I can do it instantly while for the latter it seems I have to wait a bit. Or is that just me?

I never knew that you had to do super jump cancel for 2d, 2s, 5k. o_o I always thought it was the regular jump cancel and I was doing it wrong. I still prefer this over 2d, 2s, jc k, because with the former, I can do it instantly while for the latter it seems I have to wait a bit. Or is that just me?

for the k>p>k>p>k one, probably. I would have to see the video. If you see the super jump trail, and they jump canceled, its a super jump install.

(Zinac)

Crap, sorry guys for the lack of update on the encyclopedia. I'll try hard to add a decent update soon.

I'm sure someone else has done this, but a great way to shake someone up is if they are turtling in the corner, do the 214K > FRC > 214H. Not only do you throw them off, but really, it is a pretty nice use of 25% tension.

Yeah, it may takes time to get used doing it, but the magic door FRC mixups can be quite effective.

I'm new to the game and trying to learn to be a decent Faust player but I have a couple of noob questions - a) Is it wrong to spam Going My Way close to the ground? I have tried using it after jumping to try and fall back to the ground immediately but I'm worried about any disadvantages in making a habit of this. b) Are there any good combos to follow up the Ground Overhead Hand FB? It prorates 50% so I was wondering if there any good follow ups. Does it make a difference if you used the coin before or not? After reading The Encyclopedia I noticed that most Air Combos end in j.H. So, c) What's the real use for Going My Way?

After reading The Encyclopedia I noticed that most Air Combos end in j.H. So,

c) What's the real use for Going My Way?

Going My Way in the past was the generic combo ender.

For instance, before the pogo did ground slide and did wall bounce instead, the thing you'd almost always do if you had no meter after a pogo hit is to Going My Way. A serviceable dust combo was just j.H j.H j.H xx Going My Way. And in Slash, the recovery for it was not only shorted from #R, but you were allowed to act afterwards... which led to Going My Way x N shenanigans (doesn't really work in AC due to increased recovery time).

Nowadays with the advent of vacuum 2S, faust is encouraged to go for an air combo via jump cancel of 2S (possibly chained into 5K). Thing is, Going My Way doesn't fit into these combos very well.

Going My Way done low to the ground still has its uses. You can use it in block strings using a jump cancellable move, for example. It is also useful when you land certain air moves, like j.2K (j.2K does not gatling into anything and is not jump cancellable). You can even use it following whiffed/blocked air moves to catch people trying to hit you back, or as a goofy crossup that deals little damage on hit but gives you a knockdown.

Low to the ground GMW is an amazing frame trap. It sticks your opponent in guard stun while you land. It also makes j.2k safe if GMW is executed low enough so landing cancels out the recovery frames. Make sure that you do this low, or you'll be stuck recovering from GMW mid air, with alot of recovery just ready to eat a free combo from your opponent.

Okay then, I'm going to add two more generic but still noobish questions and ask - a) I've noticed that the Guard Gauge DOES fill like crazy when I try to enter a string where I constantly Attack (like infinite pressure, trying to develop one that is as safe as possible and would work against pros and not only need the corner. I know it's largely impossible but, heh, it gives me something to do, especially since I can't drill cancel properly yet). What is the use of a high guard gauge? In the AC Encyclopedia, the guard gauge still does only 100% damage when the bar is maxed out so apart from giving little damage scaling for the first few hits, what is the use in developing a big bar? b) What is a block string? Is it like I said in (a), a long pressure combo to make the opponent keep blocking?

I don't know if doing TK GMW outside of block strings is safe. Remember guys, Faust's head is quite vulnerable while he's GMW-ing.

@Superslash2 :

a) When the guard gauge is high enough, you'll see it blinking. As long as it's blinking, any hit the opponent receives will be a counterhit.

b) A block string is a series of attacks which is done at a blocking opponent and doesn't let the opponent escape.

You should ask these questions here : http://dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598

Does anyone happen to have the frame data for Faust's respect? Both the scan and the list here only include his pull-off-bag taunt because it counts as an attack.

What does it matter? You should never do it, I mean, you stand straight up. You're begging to get hit, and it looks nothing like any of his moves. I'd imagine it'd look something like 180 frames in respect animation. Can cancel into any move after frame 1, that is if this is a 60fps game (I don't know, I don't look at frame data other than for damage and whether a move is safe or not).

6 Respect is the only taunt you should use... you can cancel it into any ground normal and command move faust has

Sign in to follow this