Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : General Discussion

sorry 4 the bad English ..

in the current time i watching match as for pink faust...( i was watching an brown/ black one in the past)..

some questions...

1- i rarely see him (maybe one time ) using the dust.. it's safe (at least against sol and far from pot) and have some invisible frames ( some times it free me from pressure if i know my opp pattern ) and even it's somehow a slow for a good overhead ..why not using it while with items...

2- what is the best time to do qcb+k or p..??

3- is it practical to use j.D as a cross up .(with items..)... some times i do the (chipp like) oki. : .Drill Cancel .jd ..to change sides..especially one the opp eats 2 ch hammer or tarai to make him dizzy..

1- i rarely see him (maybe one time ) using the dust.. it's safe (at least against sol and far from pot) and have some invisible frames ( some times it free me from pressure if i know my opp pattern ) and even it's somehow a slow for a good overhead ..why not using it while with items...

Faust's dust is mostly safe against moves with short active times and long recovery. Johnny has many of such moves.

Of course Faust's dust should be used rarely. It's really slow and somewhat telegraphed (has obvious-looking animation).

2- what is the best time to do qcb+k or p..??

When there's hammer/tarai/mini something/meteor. Use it like you would use his dust (rarely).

3- is it practical to use j.D as a cross up .(with items..)... some times i do the (chipp like) oki. : .Drill Cancel .jd ..to change sides..especially one the opp eats 2 ch hammer or tarai to make him dizzy..

It's "practical", because his j.D is somewhat safe (it's hard to beat). But I think you will rarely break anyone's guard with it, since the move isn't that fast.

Does Faust have a timer control in his item throw? I played against RF recently and for some reason he got bombs 3/4 times.

I never heard about it. The items should be totally random.

Edited by Wirya

[Faust]

5K CH doesn't knock away the enemy anymore

YES YES THIS PLEASES ME

No more will I lose a combo because the blow-back carries people away too quickly at the edge of his foot.

Does anyone have or know of an updated item drop distribution list for his item toss move in AC and +R? The closest thing I could find was one mentioned in Edward Chang's GGXX Slash FAQ on Gamefaqs. New items have been added since then, and I imagine it'd be pretty similar to the one given there, but I'd be interested to know what the new numbers are for that.

I tend to use te GMW FRC and the doors FRC. Bomb bag and scalpel pull aren't that useful(at least for me)...

GMW FRC is for continuing with j.D for knockback, and sometimes I go pogo GMW on block, then FRC j.2k GMW or land and keep pushing.

I use door FRC's usually to avoid proyectiles and get close to the opponent and go for a 214HS or another gimmick, and the S version for the kill when a bomb is around.

The Scalpel pull FRC is exclusively there to bait bursts, it seems, and can be highly rewarding if pulled off right, but perhaps you might use it for a reset of sorts. Almost literally every opponent I face bursts right after you pull them in (every time they have meter for it too), so if you catch them bursting one in the first round (or in previous matches) you can nail them doing it again.

Bomb Bag frc's only apparent function is if they somehow get too close to you when you are throwing it out, you can FRC to avoid taking the damage. So as an "abort mission" if nothing else. Bomb Bag on it's own puts you at an advantage anyway, so there's often no point, though the frc makes it easier to combo after the hit.

Like the above, my favorite FRC's are for the door gimmicks and going my way, but Faust really doesn't have any that play a major role in his strategy. There's a large FRC window after his swim super that can be used to avoid taking damage (though the super isn't really good to be throwing out anyway), but that's really about it. You can learn them when you have the time, but you aren't losing much going without them. Faust really doesn't need his meter but for Rapid Cancels for some combos and Blowback attack to supplement his weak defense.

The scalpel FRC really isn't a proper burst bait. If they burst in that window when you can FRC it you can bait it anyway usually if you stop inputting the rekka to finish with the knock-up. The proper way "good" players should burst scalpel pull is either right when they get hit by it or right when faust knocks them up. Any time inbetween that you can burst punish them naturally.

The FRC on scalpel pull can get you a knock down combo and give you good upclose okizeme(scalpel pull -*frc*-5k - 2d).

But all in all i'd say his most useful frc is def the GMW off of pogo. Not only does it help make the move safer(whiff/block) you can continue a few more hits for the kill depending on how you started the combo or *The most awesome option* you can FRC into Faust's J.D and score a guaranteed knock-down(lighter characters). This is actually extremely useful against lighter characters that Faust has a hard time keeping grounded (Millia,May,Dizzy,Baiken).

The more knockdowns you get with Faust the better the tempo is set in your favor to throw out items and mix your opponent up.

Mmmmm that's unfortunate I knew it didn't work for everything, but admittedly I didn't do too much testing on the matter. I didn't know about the knockdown after FRC GMU either, that's awesome.

Unrelated, I've been filling out the move descriptions on Faust's page in the dustloop wiki, and would like to see them fleshed out before +R hits (though I haven't done anything on that page yet). I'll be the first to admit I'm not the most knowledgeable Faust player who could be doing it, so I'd greatly appreciate if someone would look over what I had written and maybe add something I didn't know about, or edit something that doesn't look right. I've written descriptions for most of the normals, and basic strengths and weaknesses, but I'm not to versed on the specific stuff for the specials so maybe I can call an assist there.

When I get done writing stuff in for the AC page, I'd like to migrate much of the information to the +R page, so it'd be best if it were as accurate as possible from the get-go. Much thanks :D

Sign in to follow this