Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : General Discussion

OMG Faust's new aircombo off of of 2D looks so tight. That guys did 2K,2P,2S,2D,jK,jS,jK,jcK,jD, FB pogo. That is just too sick. :blink:

New Item:

Tub

Oh my god! They brought that over from his Nani ga deru kana item set in Petit 2! That's AWESOME!

The other item that was unique to his set in petit 2 was the banana peel, but we all know who that went to.

The other item that was unique to his set in petit 2 was the banana peel, but we all know who that went to.

And I'm glad too. I wonder what properties the tub has.

Command throw -> 2D connects in slash in the corner so I figure we're probably gonna see more command throw combos in AC. Imagine..

214HS, 2D, 2S, 5K, JC, j.K, j.K, j.S, j.H

That right there would hurt good

Command throw -> 2D connects in slash in the corner so I figure we're probably gonna see more command throw combos in AC. Imagine..

214HS, 2D, 2S, 5K, JC, j.K, j.K, j.S, j.H

That right there would hurt good

You can do a very similar combo in Slash if you follow the command grab with 5P, c.5S jc...

which leads to about 50 or so extra dmg on the average character. You can even omit the 5P, but I think it's easier if you start with 5P.

However, I've tried but have had little success with (5P,) c.5S, 2S jc... something about the lick just seems to make it harder for me to make the combo a combo (as opposed to a techable juggle).

Now, what I think would be cool is if you could end the air combo with the air pogo so that you can knock the person back down to the ground (I don't know if the pogo does this guaranteed... does it?) I never go for the juggle simply because even if I don't fail the combo, they can tech afterwards and get out of the corner (if I could cancel the j.HS at the end of the combo for a jc and airthrow....), whereas doing nothing after the command throw leaves them knocked down.

I prefer to do something simple after the command grab. I usually just do 214HS,5K,JC, j.K, j.S, j.HS (maybe land throw in a 6HS->item)

faust should get a mini dizzy that throws out a fish on landing witch releases smaller fish witch release smaller fish and they all atack at once high and low and lazering and al that stuf.

I just played accent core today with Faust. Even though the pogo makes the other guy skid, you could still link into going my way by doing the 9 hop twice and hitting slash to make the flower pop out, since you can launch the other guy a little bit while skidding. So the chain looks something like: 236S -> 9 -> 9 -> 5S -> 5HS Don't know the exact timing, but it works. Don't really know how to pull it off in a corner though

well witness the incredible funny:

:lol: :lol: :razzy:

Props to you!

Anyone that played AC Faust.. have you used his arm slap ex move yet?

I bet it works wonders on counterhit!

Anyone that played AC Faust.. have you used his arm slap ex move yet?

I bet it works wonders on counterhit!

No, but I've seen it.

Comes out quickly and just floors the other guy

Where is the love for Faust in America for that matter?

well if it makes you feel better i just picked up faust a while ago... he's so fun I love playing as him. im excited abou this new stuf it looks like he has a lot of great new options now.

YOU MEAN YOU GUYS POST THIS AS I AM AT AN AC TOURNEY!? :( When my AC tourney match goes up I don't want any criticism, I had to play the game with no knowledge at all. Though I have to say I am loving this game and faust in this sequel!

I don't know if anyone noticed yet but apparently they added a 2S > 5K gatling. (They removed the reverse which was K > 2S.) This ought to make some relaunches simpler, once we get used to it.

i saw earlier today on a video, and i believe I saw a new faust tension special that can be classified as a "surprise" move. Remember in his instant kill where he ignites the bomb? Well this special he does the same thing except the explosion is like the bombs in his "Nani ga deru Ka Na" move, only the damage is more. Search youtube, it should be there