Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : General Discussion

So it's basically a much bigger, heavier and slow version of hammer? o.o Sounds cool =] Does it causes knock down or slide?

Once AC comes out for PS2 somebody should write a guide for him like some of the other characters have.

The problem is A. Most of the people who could easily do this don't post here and B. The people who do and can, don't want to.

We don't even have a general guide to Faust, and considering that he's stayed pretty much the same throughout releases, it's a little surprising.

While I have pretty good command of Faust as of now, I don't thing my writing and explanation skills are good enough. Otherwise, I would write one myself.

yea that is a big problem but when i get AC i'll try and get as much info and vids*(has a G5 with final cut) as i can so all can see the true beastlyness of Baldhead Anyone got a color they wanna play with? the black grey and red one seems my choice

Anyone got a color they wanna play with?

the black grey and red one seems my choice

Blue suit with fleshy scalpel.

(Darn internet peeps don't even have the sense to vote for the Slash black suit)

Toronto Finnaly got AC, I was playing with faust on a 10 game win streak and abused the chop force break all day, so damn borken i love it, 5k into 214d ftw

Is full paper bag Faust back in AC (the one where all of his clothes looked like paperbag material) cuz that was my reload favorite. And if someone was willing a faust guide would be cool, but you can get by without it... faust is a fairly strightforward character.

Slash black suit rocks, one of my fav. I like #reload Icy Blue Faust too, although my friends said it hurt their eyes :kitty: I want to make a Faust guide, but I'm still quite busy to make a long post now. You guys can help by posting some useful tips you know, like some good combos or tricks. I'll try to compile 'em if they're good.

the colors i used to use in AC were the two blue variations (should be start + HS and start + D) My 5 cents on stuff to do in Accent Core f. S > 2K is your best friend :yaaay: if you ever have the chance to OTG with ground flower, do it! Itll always pop them up. The trajectory of j. 236D changes with the way your jumping, so play around with that, usually you get just the right amount of trajectory to cross up. If you land a scalpel pull after you hit them with the coin from 236P, dont super!! Enjoy your free flaming slap from the 236P follow ups. If you do the Scalpel pull super (scalpel pull>236D>236D '50%'), i dont know if its IB or Slashback the explosion, and the run after them with 5K>air combo. If you dont block it, you explode too ^^. i never managed to get out of guard stun fast enough to get to them. combos go simply like this (5P>c.S)/(2K)*either or*>HS>2D>2S>5K>jc>j.K>j.S>j.HS (i dont throw a f.S in there because i want to keep them close enough that the 2S pops them close and in) 6HS(ch)>Scalpel Pull>when they are reeled in, 236D(25%)>from here,1.) if you have meter to spare you can do another 236D to super, for 25% more, or 2.)they will wallbounce, and as they come back to you >2S>5K>jc>air combo or maybe 214D..hmm..i should try that If you hit them in the corner with Pogo and have meter to spare, RC > 2HS > Pogo > (repeat/ground flower)>GMW (corner)214HS>5P(comes out fast enough to hit them before they can tech)>2S>5K>air combo (i dont remember if 214D was fast enough to hit them after the 5K, but if it did, there you go.) ahhh..more stuff might be posted when i get to thinking about it.

After Scalpel Pull FB, can't you do ID? I think it's better than spending 25% in a suicide FB. Maybe the slap follow up is the best choice... The flower hitting in OTG works? I don't think so... maybe while sliding, but OTG..

ive hit it on otg for them to just fly up, hey! if testament can pop you up with exebeast, why cant faust do it with ground flower? theres lots of options after scalpel pull fb, its whatever you feel more comfortable doing. I mainly preferred them coming back to me, and i get a free combo. (the second option on my second combo)

all you have to do is the slashback after the bomb goes off then link into a aircombo all it takes is practice

Faust, while still maintaining the solid basics that define his game, has gained some serious new potential and his new moves and setups are all upgrades. He feels so much more complete now and plays so much more fun. I am all about this Faust. My main problem with Slash Faust was the fact that he did not really a reliable overhead to mix up on block strings. Unless an item was out block pressure was rather limited and low guard covered so much of his ground game, but his new Force Break tech jumps and is an overhead that launches. It is so good and hard for people to deal with while worrying about items. Pogo plays so much more like a stance now it is great. You can hold your own very decently while on Pogo and his mix ups are much scarier. At first I did not like not getting the Pogo wall bounce was seriously keeping them grounded is great for using Pogo more like a stance. If they slide past or to far away for Pogo HS after the S flower just throw something and hop once or twice. They either react or have time to throw another item or get in range to mix up Pogo S. The new item is a rock about the size of a single meteor that follows the same trajectory of a hammer but falls slower. That item is awesome. It is an overhead. :keke: Unblockable setups for 2P, 2D, or Pogo S. Against an airborne opponent it spikes them right back down, similair to j.D new property but faster, and you can relaunch before they hit the ground. A couple of times I have been able to get away with throwing that item 236P S and unless they backdash as soon as the new item comes out, unblockable launcher. Get in Pogo and throw one out and do S they get launched into it, come flying back down and Pogo S launches again. Hilarious. Try hitting a combo, near a corner, that includes 236S S HS. FRC the end of the spin and aerial 214D combos into Pogo P HS. :toot: He can pull some sick stuff out of 214D at the end of combos and the wake up pressure coming from an item and Pogo S forces quick decisions from people. Even if someone blocks Pogo, Pogo HS covers jump and many attacks and you just FRC and fall with a hit box that lands in Pogo again except now just closer to getting them to a wall. New Faust is very improved. Much scarier and can apply better pressure when he needs to be at close range but his 5K, 5S, 41236K, j.S "stay away" basics are all still solid. f.S 2K works now. Wow, so good. 2S was improved as well as is now more practical. Bomb bags are even alittle improved with a slightly larger hitbox. I do not know how I forgot to check if you can still combo with his taunt...

The new item is a rock about the size of a single meteor that follows the same trajectory of a hammer but falls slower. That item is awesome. It is an overhead. :keke: Unblockable setups for 2P, 2D, or Pogo S. Against an airborne opponent it spikes them right back down, similair to j.D new property but faster, and you can relaunch before they hit the ground. A couple of times I have been able to get away with throwing that item 236P S and unless they backdash as soon as the new item comes out, unblockable launcher. Get in Pogo and throw one out and do S they get launched into it, come flying back down and Pogo S launches again. Hilarious.

Don't feel like commenting on anything else you said, but the new item is NOT an overhead. You can not create unblockables, and the opponent can block it low. Also the item is not a rock but a "tarai" or Japanese wash tub. It does however have pretty much the same properties as the hammer, but it's bigger.

One thing you can do with it is see if the opponent is blocking quite a bit before it hits. If you throw the new item and opponent's character will start its block animation nearly a second before the tarai hits. So you can easily react and normal/command throw him.

AC Faust is what he should be, IMO. He has tricky gatlings now. Suit him really well. And the new slide property of Pogo has it's positive side. Now we can get knockdown out of it anywhere. In Slash there're times where the Pogo doesn't give us a knockdown. Well maybe it's a minor positive side, but at least it's there. And I wonder if the new explosion FB can be useful. I mean, it seems to hurt Faust too. Or maybe there's some trick in it?

And I wonder if the new explosion FB can be useful. I mean, it seems to hurt Faust too. Or maybe there's some trick in it?

Block it :eng101:

Whats the use for the explosion FB? Imean, After the first FB with the homerun bat, I usually just follow it up with 2S, 5K jc K djc K S HS for a nice 151 dmg on Axl. So whats the use of the explosion?

Hmm, I've tried to do his 5S(f)-5P gatling (as posted by Zinac), and it didn't work....

Hmm, I've tried to do his 5S(f)-5P gatling (as posted by Zinac), and it didn't work....

Sorry about that, That information was based on early loke test information.

I tried changing the post when I got the mook, but haven't been able to since.

Sign in to follow this