Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreasyGyro718

Order-Sol vs. Ky

Halp meh. :( Ok but seriously mid range and long range you're done. DONE. you gotta get in close range. but it's little hard because he has an answer to damn near everything you do. you run, he jumps away and throws some stun edge. your answer to this is block, try to dodge it (a little hard thanks to HOS's small ass jump), 2D, or 6P. the latter two you gotta time good or else you're just gonna take free damage. you jump, he has so much Anti-Air you're gonna wanna puke. surprisingly j.HS loses to 2HS, and j.p's lose to 6P. predictable air dashes gets ky to air dash back and j.HS for ch the combbbooooo. anything else gets srk'd. if I'm wrong about any of this, thank God and please tell me. what you can DO is long and mid range mind games. this means utilizing run FD, jump forward back airdash, double jumps, anything wavy and tricky. this'll cause his to make mistakes where you do what HOS does best. Ky's pokes outpoke yours from max range, no doubt. if for some reason he SE's while you're within this range try your best to IB and you just gained some precious ground. congrats. his tick throw game is pretty good, and so is his oki. high-low is a lil gimmicky but w.e. once he's on the floor he's all yours. anything but a random ride the lightning is gonna get beat. this includes his srk. it's not that good. 6K, 2HS, 2K (I think?) can trade with this. this might sound a lil bad but you can most likely just forward tech and get back in their. if you're worried about his AA now, dun worry. 6K stagger will keep you mostly safe and 2HS CH will give you free oki again. 2K is a problem though. :X Just posting this because I need help and I'm probably a bit wrong on most of this but w.e that's what these forums are for. My matchup opinion? 5.5-4.5 kys favor or (I doubt it) 6-4.

you run, he jumps away and throws some stun edge. your answer to this is block, try to dodge it (a little hard thanks to HOS's small ass jump), 2D, or 6P.

This really depends on what's happening at what time. Is he using the HS air Stun Edge when you dash at him? If you are within your 5HS range, tap the button and CH him for all of his life. In fact, this works great against almost all of his air options save for spaced out max range j.HS from a backwards jump or airdash. If he IS using falling j.HS a lot, just IB it and regroup.

you jump, he has so much Anti-Air you're gonna wanna puke. surprisingly j.HS loses to 2HS, and j.p's lose to 6P. predictable air dashes gets ky to air dash back and j.HS for ch the combbbooooo. anything else gets srk'd. if I'm wrong about any of this, thank God and please tell me.

j.HS only loses to his 2HS if you are jumping predictably and he hits the button in anticipation; on reaction you will eat his 2HS for free. The answer to this is to wait a split second in spots where you would normally jump and then 2S the fuck out of his 2HS when he throws it out willy-nilly. Another good option instead of 2S is to draw the whiff and the Fafnir him in recovery.

6P is much harder to deal with as he can do it on reaction to a lot of your jumpins. You can double jump late to bait it and then punish him, but this is risky. Again, your best bet is to stay on the ground.

Also, never airdash at Ky unless he did something you can punish him for. Key example is un-FRCed Stun Edges, airdash over these for j.HS-D and a free knockdown.

FD to block the shoryu. Smart Ky players won't go for this that often because it is riskier than their other options and the payoff is not as good. Really their last ditch option.

what you can DO is long and mid range mind games. this means utilizing run FD, jump forward back airdash, double jumps, anything wavy and tricky. this'll cause his to make mistakes where you do what HOS does best.

At long range you are basically at Ky's mercy, there is not much you can do in terms of trickiness as he pretty much controls the ground. Your fancy movement won't help a lot in this case, just let him take the initiative and punish him for trying anything fancy or unsafe.

Ky's pokes outpoke yours from max range, no doubt.

Max range poking is not in Ky's best interest if you have meter since you can draw the whiff and punish him/get in for free. He is likely to try and close the distance slightly in order to prevent you from doing this, which gives you slightly better chances.

Theoretically, your far Slash can compete with his since they are the same speed (10 frames), so if you are in range for it, you can give it a try. The disadvantage here is that sometimes his far Slash will evade yours due to the slight backwards lean of his hitbox just before he stabs you, and he also has two good pokes that will beat your far Slash cleanly (2S and 2D). Fafnir will beat those pokes, but Fafnir is always a calculated risk against Ky, especially since he likes to go airborne a lot.

You can use 2S and 2D in the ground game a good bit since you are faster on the ground and can get into range on him. This requires excellent spacing and timing, though. In addition, you always get the occasional Ky player who will go for the dumb risk and Greed Sever over your ground pokes. This is punishable as all getout but you have to do goofy shit to beat it out like throwing out 5HS at midrange (which isn't necessarily a bad idea in some cases, but you risk getting hit and knocked down by doing it too much, even though risk/reward is definitely in your favor).

if for some reason he SE's while you're within this range try your best to IB and you just gained some precious ground. congrats.

Again, anticipate, IAD over and punish. Just be wary if he has meter, FRC is always possible.

once he's on the floor he's all yours. anything but a random ride the lightning is gonna get beat. this includes his srk. it's not that good. 6K, 2HS, 2K (I think?) can trade with this.

6P clashes with his upper for free, you can then tap 5HS or Gun Blaze to hit him.

2D can duck under his upper similar to Sol. The thing is that if you time it wrong, there's a chance that you'll trade instead, since HOS takes longer to reach his crouch frames on 2D. But there's also a wacky chance that the 2D will actually CH Ky out of the upper instead of whiffing it, then you can CC and go for it.

The ground game is in Ky's favor, definitely. In general, it is easier for Ky to get his game rolling on HOS than the other way around. Ky has no reliable methods to get out of HOS's offense, though. Most of his defensive options will result in getting baited and killed. Just get in on him if you can and you're good to go.