Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LM_Akira

Order-Sol vs. Potemkin

No, that's a good way to die:P If you're in a spot where you'll just keep hitting him, go for it. But when the situation turns semi neutral or completely neutral you don't want Potemkin to know what he should be doing. If he attacks you can generally beat him out with one of your own things. If he defends, DO NOT ATTACK HIM you'll get backdashed on and punished in no time not to mention that by backdashing randomly, Potemkin gets range advantage over OS (like nearly any other character does).

any better attack to generally beat him out on reaction other than jp/2s?

well i meant to say use bhb lvl 3 if he tries to get in, but i see what your saying. i got a question,

1.anymove can OS do for crossovers?

2. Anyone know any good loops against Big Pot?

1. Not really, besides GB.

2. Dustloop is really easy on him, you should never drop it!

well i seen a video that OS can j.hs as a crossover on Pot and he did a 200 hit combo as well. i am not sure if that is the dustloop people talk about.

well i seen a video that OS can j.hs as a crossover on Pot and he did a 200 hit combo as well. i am not sure if that is the dustloop people talk about.

probably i'm thinking to hard, the only time i can do j.hs cross up is on mid screen with full running momentum dj.jh, it does cross up hit and ch any normal aa attempt... but the running momentum push me too far away to be able to follow up with any combos. on which setup this may actually works? (a vid example would help)

and simple DL combo on pot after gb/ch fafnir -> jh,jd|jh,jd,djh,djd,brp

jH can work as a crossup. Though getting a 200 hit combo afterwards? Not likely at all. Try jumping over someone when they're waking up, then doing a low air dash back to the other side of them. You're too far to really combo any normals after that, but you can hitconfirm the jH into a Fafnir. j.D and j.K can also work as crossups in the same way.

vid example @~2:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv7WqhQIgsU

And for loops on Pot, there's obviously dloops, but he's also an easy target for the IAD loop.

something into 5H, IAD j.P, j.S, j.H | 5H, IAD j.P, j.S, j.H | sweep

and simple DL combo on pot after gb/ch fafnir -> jh,jd|jh,jd,djh,djd,brp

Missing a jH, jD there buddy. GB, dash j.H, j.D, dj.H, j.D | j.H, j.D, dj.H, j.D, BRP. You can do that off of basically anything against Pot.

any better attack to generally beat him out on reaction other than jp/2s?

On reaction not many, on reaction tends to make you a spamming whore anyways;) Though because you should have some room on the timing for some other reason I put in that post:keke: 2D(into l3BHB AC dustloop l2BRP) and l3BRP(into dustloop) are among my favorites, in case you get the button on dash in reaction you can j.H and j.S and convert into l3BRP/l3Ri. If you feel it might be an AA button you could dashbreak outside his range and fafnir him, if you have no tension you could attempt an 'early' l3Ri or if he has the tendency to guard low l3BRP.

On a different note, if he tries command throw vs attack setup right next to you, you could theoretically option select out with 6K+H. Will test when I get the chance.

jH can work as a crossup. Though getting a 200 hit combo afterwards? Not likely at all. Try jumping over someone when they're waking up, then doing a low air dash back to the other side of them. You're too far to really combo any normals after that, but you can hitconfirm the jH into a Fafnir. j.D and j.K can also work as crossups in the same way.

vid example @~2:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv7WqhQIgsU

And for loops on Pot, there's obviously dloops, but he's also an easy target for the IAD loop.

something into 5H, IAD j.P, j.S, j.H | 5H, IAD j.P, j.S, j.H | sweep

Missing a jH, jD there buddy. GB, dash j.H, j.D, dj.H, j.D | j.H, j.D, dj.H, j.D, BRP. You can do that off of basically anything against Pot.

watch this video and youll see what i mean by 200 hit combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SBnj1rDWWg

Yup. A programmable stick is the only option to land a combo like that. Seriously, just disregard that entire combo video. The combos have an unparalleled technical skill, but they're completely and utterly useless.

If you want practical big combos, dust loops, and iad loops all in one, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ0unYFGKx4

I'm going to be at that tournament in West Chester on the 21st. If you have anything, ask me there and I'll try and help firsthand or move this discussion to the general discussion topic or something. This is just supposed to be matchup tips vs. Pot afterall.

yes i will be at the tourney the 21 but i got a question now, how excalty to you loop the combo on pot, they did it on both videos, where he keeps iad towards pot and combo then iad again.

I know this isn't really Potemkin related, but in that video, what the hell kind of corner throw combo was 0 going for there? He did j.P, a bit of stuff, then dropped it. Why not j.H, j.D, dj.H, j.D, l2BRP? Is there some better corner throw combo vs. Slayer? Did 0 just make a mistake?

I know this isn't really Potemkin related, but in that video, what the hell kind of corner throw combo was 0 going for there? He did j.P, a bit of stuff, then dropped it. Why not j.H, j.D, dj.H, j.D, l2BRP? Is there some better corner throw combo vs. Slayer? Did 0 just make a mistake?

Even tho he had Lv2, he was going for a knockdown combo off the corner throw that would not use BRP (because using the right air normals in the right way, you can get knockdown from the untechable time of j.D if it's your last air hit).

I brought up this type of combo before after seeing 0 use it on the G3 Max dvd against Potemkin (I've also seen him go for a similar but different one vs another Slayer player).

He did make a mistake tho, and that was in his timing of the combo. I'm pretty sure if he'd done it perfectly the last j.D would have given knockdown.

some Question about OS bug on AC+ i do BRP Lv3, and on earlier startup frame my friend trying to counter it with Giganteer, but suddenly My BRP cancel by itself, i'm not certain i'm doing random FRC of it, and iirc frc'ed BRP still keep his forward momentum, but i go straight down when the BRP canceled after Giganteer super Freeze and i lost the charge level ... then me and my friend goes like ZOMGWTF ... whatever things happen >_>, any of you guys ever experience this?

@hatred: yes, i didn't see the blue ring and just dropped to the ground, i'm pretty certain i was supposed to hit the mirror but ... i'm standing still and rushing him down again after the ZOMGWTF :psyduck:

That's not character specific. When I got AC long time ago, something like that happened to me. It was vs Venom. I did BRP(lvl.1) and he did Red Hail. Somehow BRP just stopped and I landed and blocked Red Hail. In fact, the BRP problem happened to me twice. I asked about it here but it pretty much got ignored.

that's the 1st time for me, but if you say so i'm certain this happened because the super freeze that may trigger the bug ... well if that's the requirement, there's no chance to abuse this bug like his standing FD then >_>

That shit happens to me all the time in AC+, but I've never had it happen in US AC. used to happen with SV alot, but I've also had it happen with BRP.