Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BBCP Story Thread [Old]

Valkenhayn's profile for CP specifically mentions him as a "wolf beastkin". And I believe it was already stated somewhere else.

Also in Japanese what Jubei is called is a "beastman" (獣人 juujin) while what Makoto and Valk are called is "sub-human species" (亜人種 ajinshu).

In CT, they were translated as "beastman" and "human-like species" when they discussed them in TMML. In CS, they switched to using "beastkin" for both.

So the short version is that they are beastkin, according to CS?

So the short version is that they are beastkin, according to CS?

For the English translation, yes. In the original Japanese, no.

Valkenhayn refers to himself as beastkin in someone's CS story (his own I think). When someone remarks on his still being alive, he comments (out loud or mentally) that it's surprising that someone doesn't know about beastkins' longevity.

Some beastkin may have been made for the war aside from the kaka clan, but it's pretty clear that beastkin have lived since way before that, probably since forever.

Neither Valk or Jubei are beastkin

Valk at least considers himself a beastkin. In his story mode before fighting Bang he wonders if Bang doesn't know that beastkins live way longer than most people.

Maybe Valkenhayn would then be part of the original kind of beastkin (Such as werewolf) While others (Kaka clan and other animal hybrids like Makoto) Might have been constructed based upon creatures such as Werewolves (And whatever Juubei is)?

"Your kind was created for war" almost as much as for Tao though.

Then that makes certain types (such as Makoto's type) created for the Dark War.

Considering Jubei looks just like a nekomata and Valkenhayn is literally a werewolf, I had the impression that pre-war beastkin were based on supernatural animals, but we've only seen Jubei and Valk for beastkin hailing from that era. Jubei at least had a whole clan before Japan was ravaged under the Black Beast and a nuke. Valk himself is unlike any other, literally altering himself on the atomic level according to Lambda and Mu.

For the English translation, yes. In the original Japanese, no.

It's funny that literally up until I read this, I thought BB's story was actually pretty coherent.

Yeah, I like to think that where beastkin refrences to any animal-like humans or human-like animal, they can be seprated into two groups: Natural (Existed before Dark War) and Artificial (Created during Dark War)

Would Kokonoe be half-beastkin or beastkin, then?

Half considering Nine is essentially a full blooded human.

Now how she and Jubei conceived Kokonoe is another question entirely that I don't think needs to be asked...

Would Kokonoe be half-beastkin or beastkin, then?

She's technically half, but the series doesn't make much differentiation between half and full. IIRC, Makoto is only half too (I think her dad is the squirrel beastkin?), but she's always just called a plain beastkin. It seems that if you have enough beastkin heritage then you're automatically a beastkin.

She's much, much more human-like than Jubei, so I suppose it makes her closer to the humanlikes/beastkin than a full-fledged large two-legged cat like Jubei, if that's what you mean.

As far as I know, no. I was just comparing Kokonoe's appearance to that of other beastkin. Although if I remember correctly about Makoto being only half-beastkin, then normal beastkin are probably more animal-like, while half-beastkin are just people with animal ears and tails. Valk's probably in a special class all of his own. His human form is perfectly human, but he can shapeshift into his wolf form at will. No other beastkin that we've seen can do this, and Tsubaki certainly seems surprised if she wins against him in arcade mode.

You can tell because they don't have boobs.

Coincidentally neither does Kokonoe :v:

Makoto is half beastkin?

No, harmless is making assumptions. It'd make sense, but I don't think so. There's a distinction between these beastkin in Japanese with juujin/beastman (Jubei) and ajinshu/human-like (Makoto, Valk), though with regards to Kokonoe I've only seen people in Japan refer to her as a hanjuujin (半獣人 half-beastman).

I actually get a kick of nostalgia remembering CT's story bits and anime scenes. Even though it's only 3.5 years old.

"BlazBlue, activate! Let's do this you masked son of a bitch!"

*rebel 1 action!*

"Hell's Fa-"

CPU Hakumen immediately uses Astral.

I'm probably just remembering wrong. For some reason I remember it being stated in a Teach Me Miss Litchi; I'll run through all of them and see if she says anything along the lines. If she doesn't,well, my memory is faulty. I know that it isn't stated in the story proper.

The story usually makes sense in its own weird logic, but oftentimes it's a dumb kind of sense. Either way, it's been shameless right from the start so it's not like any of this is a surprise... Although the time travel is especially dumb.

edit: Ah, I see where I made the misconception. Early on (just after talking with Jubei and just before Hazama shows up) in Jin's CS story he sees Makoto and remembers who she is, and thinks to himself that she's the "daughter of a half-squirrel beastkin." I saw the word a and thought that only one of her parents was a beastkin. However, the Japanese text appears to use hanjuujin for this sentence, not juujin or ajinshuu. I don't understand Japanese and I could be making a gross misunderstanding but I think the part specifically referring to this is "リス系の半獣人の娘". The daughter of half-beastmen with squirrel heritage? This would make her either 3/4 human 1/4 squirrel beastkin (if one parent is fully human and the other is half-beastman) or half and half (if they are both half-beastman). But she's called ajinshuu and not hanjuujin, so she's probably 3/4 human. It seems that, at least in CS, they use ajinshuu for people with animal attributes (Makoto, Valkenhayn) that are not beastman (Jubei or Makoto's grandparent) or half-beastman (Kokonoe, Makoto's parent) themselves. Although English conflates the two so I'm not sure why the hell I did all this?

I may be interpreting this all wrong. I apologize if I am.

The story stopped making sense ri--- nope, it never made sense.

Sure it did; Angry guy wants to destroy government, his brother wants to molest him, and a moeblob, and a whole bunch of other unimportant characters. That sounds a lot more coherent.