Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BBCP Story Thread [Old]

I take it Ragna is not your favorite character and you can't wait to see him get killed lol.

I don't know about SxB but I want to see Ragna die in CP. I know it won't happen but that's what bad endings are for.

Can we just argee that Taokaka is the only character who doesn't have some sort of dark background :v: ?

I don't know about SxB but I want to see Ragna die in CP. I know it won't happen but that's what bad endings are for.

I don't know about that, it might happen if we take what Rachel said as truth. But he'll probably be brought back to life somehow.

I don't hate Ragna, in fact [in comedy scenes, in English dub] he's my favorite character, I'm just never going to forget what he's done!

Also Taokaka is the Raincoat Killer D:

I guess we need Platinum as a witty FBI agent to track her down then.

:PT:"Look Sena. TK. IN THE COFFEE. It never fails!"

Because Rawrgnya is the devil ; -;

The world must have order, and the NOL provides that, but Ragna disrupts that!

The NOL may be putting order to the world, but it's still a tyranny. And humankind isn't as screwed as they can't restore civilizations with time without being led by the hand. The NOL does a good job, but if they were such a wondorous leadership as you say why nations like Ikaruga would actually rebel. And can you really say that a policy of exterminating everything that opposes you is not oppresion? Not saying they are completely corrupted, but they are not clean. The NOL exterminates anything that escapes their rule, that alone may be the sole reason there isn't another kind of government around.

One of the main themes of the game is rebellion, Ragna pretty much fights for an idea of freedom and free will which is pretty much what the NOL tries to prevent. You're pretty much stretching things so he comes out as the devil destroying paradise when that's far from being true.

Also I don't get something, you say Ragna is evil because he kills people and Azrael is a neutral quickly judged when he has done the same thing?

Ragna is probably my favorite ASW character in terms of character, guy suffers HARD but he just does it with so much style and never stops kicking ass. Even with all the cliches and such he ends up being someone you want to root for, and I love his english dub, so much. Him dying wouldn't surprise me but I'd rather see him live. Jin can die.

What I don't want is him dying but coming back to life. That'd be laaaaaaame.

Ragna was trying to get rid of a cauldron in the depths of a NOL base. Soldiers opposed him and tried to kill him. He killed them first and blasted the cauldron. That's all that happened. This doesn't make Ragna evil (I'm not saying he's a saint though). Aside from that incident, did he killed at least one person? No. And Azrael is good because he even put a limiter on himself just to make sure he wouldn't kill nobody.

No azrael put on a limiter because without it killing everyone was easy-mode and boring. It's his personal handicap so he actually has fun beating the crap out of people rather than killing them with like a single punch.

And hasn't Ragna destroyed more than one cauldron base? That'd mean he's done the same thing before. The guy's bounty is that huge for a reason you know.

Ragna is probably my favorite ASW character in terms of character, guy suffers HARD but he just does it with so much style and never stops kicking ass. Even with all the cliches and such he ends up being someone you want to root for, and I love his english dub, so much. Him dying wouldn't surprise me but I'd rather see him live. Jin can die.

What I don't want is him dying but coming back to life. That'd be laaaaaaame.

This has to be the most assbackwards compliment ever. "He suffers, but he suffers with style" I don't know why, but that's the description for Ragna. No wonder I love him so much.

Well, it's better than being an emo bitch and complaining all the time about his fate.

Ragna was trying to get rid of a cauldron in the depths of a NOL base. Soldiers opposed him and tried to kill him. He killed them first and blasted the cauldron. That's all that happened. This doesn't make Ragna evil (I'm not saying he's a saint though). Aside from that incident, did he killed at least one person? No. And Azrael is good because he even put a limiter on himself just to make sure he wouldn't kill nobody.

He put a Limiter on himself so he can fight longer.

Well, it's better than being an emo bitch and complaining all the time about his fate.

Oh Donte. It's funny how Ragna manages to come off as a better character than half of the other Japanese protagonists out there despite him being mash of cliches. Just goes to show being cliche doesn't equate to being a shitty character.

It's in his personality. At least Ragna has different shades to his character so he's just not a self righteous jackass.

This came to my attention recently, but how many of you guys think the story has kind of built Jin more up as the hero than Ragna? I mean Ragna more or less stays the same from CT till now, but Jin goes from fighting mostly for himself and not giving a shit about the world to fighting for the world and the people he cares about.

It's just something I caught on.

To be fair, the number of people Jin actually, really cares about is a whopping two. Two. Maybe three if you count Makoto. Ragna's character development has also been more subtle and low-key than Jin's.

This came to my attention recently, but how many of you guys think the story has kind of built Jin more up as the hero than Ragna? I mean Ragna more or less stays the same from CT till now, but Jin goes from fighting mostly for himself and not giving a shit about the world to fighting for the world and the people he cares about.

It's just something I caught on.

I would wonder why you just now "caught on" to this lol.

Let's see:

-

He's Hakumen = One of the 6 Heroes

-He's the Hero of the Ikaruga War.

-He was always "likeable" and respected during his Academy days apparently, and popular.

-Ragna is the Anti-Hero, which means anything remotely "good" that Jin does story-wise automatically puts him a notch above Ragna in terms of being the "hero".

-Ragna is a part of the Black Beast, which is the main "bad"/"evil" thing in the game, and Jin's entire existence is to be the opposite or to defeat it

(quite literally as Hakumen)

-The Power of Order stuff.

-Even given his position in the NOL, he doesn't even like how the do things.

-He's more or less worshiped by Tsubaki.

Outside of him being initially crazy about Ragna (due to Yukianesa more than anything), everything else points towards him being a "hero" from the outside looking in.

Azrael feels like a force of nature to me, and nature does not care about alignments. The best you can do is try and give him directions, but he rarely follows them, anyways.

Can we just argee that Taokaka is the only character who doesn't have some sort of dark background :v: ?

She does, under her hood.

I would wonder why you just now "caught on" to this lol.

Let's see:

-

-He's the Hero of the Ikaruga War.

-He was always "likeable" and respected during his Academy days apparently, and popular.

-Ragna is the Anti-Hero, which means anything remotely "good" that Jin does story-wise automatically puts him a notch above Ragna in terms of being the "hero".

-Ragna is a part of the Black Beast, which is the main "bad"/"evil" thing in the game, and Jin's entire existence is to be the opposite or to defeat it

(quite literally as Hakumen)

-The Power of Order stuff.

-Even given his position in the NOL, he doesn't even like how the do things.

-He's more or less worshiped by Tsubaki.

Outside of him being initially crazy about Ragna (due to Yukianesa more than anything), everything else points towards him being a "hero" from the outside looking in.

Well, don't forget how vicious and bloodthirsty he is when dealing with opponents. Pretty much all you have to do is look at him wrong and he'll kill you.

OH EM GEE WUT I NEVER KNEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I still don't even remotely like Jin despite all that stuff.

I am,pretty sure,Ragna will get more character improvement in CP,you know we already see Jin got a big improvement on his character,it only fair if we see more of improvement for Ragna,i mean he is the main character after all,so is only natural if we see his improvement and yeah he maybe has already doing mass murder,but we still don't know for sure if what NOL say is true or not,you know they always making their enemy sound much more sinister than the original and Ragna is not a monster,so i am pretty sure he still feel regret and guilt and those feeling still wander in his mind,even though he harsh outside,but he really have a kind heart and no matter what he done he still the Ragna we know and love right?

To be fair, the number of people Jin actually, really cares about is a whopping two. Two. Maybe three if you count Makoto. Ragna's character development has also been more subtle and low-key than Jin's.

What was Ragna's?