Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BBCP Story Thread [Old]

Goddammit, Yukianesa, don't attach images.

Ooohhh.... So there's two Celica's now

Well 1... the other one's kind of dead now

I wonder how she's going to fit in all this?

Her Arcade Mode role involved activating Bang's Nox, she'll probably just have an extended variation of this role as well as other random shenanigans involving her.

yea ive been meaning to ask wat happened to Zephr old Blazblue 0 Translation most of them seems to have been deleted and do anybody here have them

Ooohhh.... So there's two Celica's now

Well 1... the other one's kind of dead now

I wonder how she's going to fit in all this?

I'm also curious if they're going to have the gag reels back

How would they fit those in now, being CP isn't about playing through each character's individual story anymore

And...I have a feeling Kagura is going to be like a laid back/carefree/ladies-man kind of guy.....*sigh* -_-

So he's basically Johnny from GGX xD

If he's the carefree womanizer guise/type, then Troy Baker wins for my VA of choice.

So, the Celica from the mirror that switches places with her might be from the future or something.

Like:

Kokonoe gets Celica from the past (other Celica replaces her in the past) -> Celica does stuff in present -> she goes back through the mirror, now that time has passed, and switches with her past version that just found the mirror when Kokonoe was first summoning her

So, the Celica from the mirror that switches places with her might be from the future or something.

Like:

Kokonoe gets Celica from the past (other Celica replaces her in the past) -> Celica does stuff in present -> she goes back through the mirror, now that time has passed, and switches with her past version that just found the mirror when Kokonoe was first summoning her

That's a stable time loop. Kokonoe's wording implies Celica's existence in the future breaks laws that should've existed. A stable time loop is definitely possible under many proposed theories of time travel.

I think this is more like breaking the physical laws that prevent a person from being in two places apart, but in this case it's time frames. To wrap your head around this, consider the "mirror room" to be inside the boundary. In the boundary, time pretty much does not exist. Hence why after entering the boundary via a gate/cauldrom, Ragna, Nu and Jin were able to go backwards in time while Relius went forwards in time. So if time does not exist in the boundary, space (as one would normal percieve it) probably doesn't either. So Celica entering the boundary accidentally broke the laws preventing a person being in two places at once, effectively creating two instances of the same Celica. Kokonoe would then have used her technical prowess to bring the instance of Celica who stayed in the boundary to the future.

....Ya know, I wouldn't be surprised that by the end of this series, the timeline is just fucked beyond repair and the reality is turned upside down.

I think Mori is going out of his way to fuck with our heads.

So he's basically Johnny from GGX xD

He just needs to hit on Amane....maybe even Carl @_<

I swear Carl looks prettier to me everyday....and I am so not a cougar for saying that >_>

Troy Baker for Kagura.... Make that shit happen \o/

Time travel only made sense in Sailor Moon....duh :vbang:

....Ya know, I wouldn't be surprised that by the end of this series, the timeline is just fucked beyond repair and the reality is turned upside down.

I think Mori is going out of his way to fuck with our heads.

It wouldn't be a surprise to me neither. All what Amaterasu was trying to do is prefend the end of time, and then everyhting went to sh*t when people tried to stop it.

Oh yeah, and I guess this is me, but I think Erik Davies should come back as Hazama BUT keep Doug Erholtz around to voice Terumi.

The minute you try explain time travel it falls apart as a story element.

Unless your game's name is Chrono Trigger. Then you make perfect sense.

Unless your game's name is Chrono Trigger. Then you make perfect sense.

I dunno, I could never stand time travel as a plot device. Mainly due to that inexplicable paradox of "what about the first loop where you hadn't gone back in time yet, and thus you couldn't save yourself that one time?"

It wouldn't be a surprise to me neither. All what Amaterasu was trying to do is prefend the end of time, and then everyhting went to sh*t when people tried to stop it.

Oh yeah, and I guess this is me, but I think Erik Davies should come back as Hazama BUT keep Doug Erholtz around to voice Terumi.

Don't know why they would do that considering they're still the same person, and the fact that he's still voiced by Nakamura as both Hazama and Terumi.

I dunno who I prefer to voice them; Davies has that batshit insanity and his voice is just hilarious to listen to, but Erholtz has that playful, mild mannered part down, plus the whole actor allusion to Gin Ichimaru and whatnot.

I dunno, I could never stand time travel as a plot device. Mainly due to that inexplicable paradox of "what about the first loop where you hadn't gone back in time yet, and thus you couldn't save yourself that one time?"

Well, in the context of Chrono Trigger, you kind of visit this timeline in the future, showing a devastated post apocalyptic land.

But then again, there's different ways to implement time travel. Chrono Trigger chose the one without altering timelines, with a single thread of time, where traveling to the past simply altered the future completely. No parallel timelines, no alternate dimensions, sht just changed.

Maybe this is why it made sense, because it didn't have its head THAT far up its ass :V

Why not? Troy Baker is Everyone in Everything Everywhere. Well...second to JYB. xD

And all this time I thought it was Yuri Lowenthal who was second to JYB XD

Erholtz was the original VA for Hazama right?

I thought both VA's were awesome Hazamas.

I just want them to bring back Tony Oliver for Bang.

Everything shattered in CTR when I heard Bang's new VA

I truly hope it was only for CTR and is not permanent ;_;

I dunno who I prefer to voice them; Davies has that batshit insanity and his voice is just hilarious to listen to, but Erholtz has that playful, mild mannered part down, plus the whole actor allusion to Gin Ichimaru and whatnot.

Either one is fine by me. They both sound the same anyway and can do both aspects of Hazama/Terumi pretty well.

Erholtz was the original VA for Hazama right?

Nope, it was Erik. Aksys really turned the fans sideways on who was really voicing Hazama and trolled us in the process.

Also, Yuri Lowenthal as Akane is a must. And no, I'm NOT letting that go. lol

Time travel will always be the worst possible element you can have in a story, always and forever.

That being said, I like Calamity Trigger making it "work" by having an "explanation" of how everyone's events can occur without wholly contradicting one another, then it all got ruined by them trying to make it the central theme and shoving their heads so far up their asses that it's beginning to loop about...

Well, in the context of Chrono Trigger, you kind of visit this timeline in the future, showing a devastated post apocalyptic land.

But then again, there's different ways to implement time travel. Chrono Trigger chose the one without altering timelines, with a single thread of time, where traveling to the past simply altered the future completely. No parallel timelines, no alternate dimensions, sht just changed.

Maybe this is why it made sense, because it didn't have its head THAT far up its ass :V

Chrono Trigger works because the time travel element was kept as a simple plot device. Never once did Luca try to explain how it worked (only that Lavos was the one who created the gates), just simply that it did and allowed them travel to different eras through history.

Same goes for some time travel movies like Back to The Future. The DeLorean could travel in time and was simple explained as it "because of the flux capacitor". It was only used to go to 1955 and the actual time traveling elements of the movie were only used at the beginning and end.

But when you make the whole story about time travel or try to explain it beyond a simple plot device, it begins to make the audience ask questions and creating tons of plot holes.

All this VA talk is making me wonder where all those "Karen Strassman to voice Bullet" things came from.

Yeah, Time Travel works fine when it's kept at bay. You dwell too much on it and a mess is all you get.

I've thought for a while that Jennifer Hale would make a good choice for Bullet

All this VA talk is making me wonder where all those "Karen Strassman to voice Bullet" things came from.

yeahh that was me >.>

and yeah I agree time travel can be fine as an element or plot point but when you try to build/explain the entire story around it things usually dont add up.