Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BBCP Story Thread [Old]

On the subject of Jin and the NOL. The NOL are the governing force of the BB world, they're essentially the military and they keep the world from falling into chaos. Jin was a soldier for them at the time, and he was simply following orders, there was no personal reasons for his actions. Ragna opposes the NOL thereby disrupting the peace of the world, even moreso he's doing so for his own selfish reasons and took down anyone that got in his way.

If you were in the military and heard about a guy like Ragna, you wouldn't exactly be saying to yourself "Man, I bet he's a swell guy beneath the murdering"

Ragna is a swell guy because Tao calls him Good Guy. There for Ragna is a good guy =D.

I'd rather everyone in the story doesn't have a super henshin-a go go mode; Izayoi and Terumi are already pushing it.

To be honest, if we get Black Beast-esque Ragna, I wouldn't mind him having that alt.

To be honest, if we get Black Beast-esque Ragna, I wouldn't mind him having that alt.

If you mean Ragna as deadly as the Black Beast, that's Unlimited Ragna. If you mean Ragna infused with the Black Beast,

he would die and be the Black Beast,if his CS story bad end and the CT time loops before the True Ending are any indication.

I also hope Bang becomes more relevant.

If you mean Ragna as deadly as the Black Beast, that's Unlimited Ragna. If you mean Ragna infused with the Black Beast,

he would die and be the Black Beast,if his CS story bad end and the CT time loops before the True Ending are any indication.

There's always gonna be a way for a protagonist with a WMD inside them to subvert their imminent doom and turn a double-edged sword into a utility. It's all a matter of how. I'll expect the latter case, but I hope for a little spin on it.

hell might as well give ragna a alt character since most of them geting them

noel-mu

jin-hakumen

hazama-terumi

tubaki-izayoi

but to be honest i wished lamda was coming bak have her with the same old sprite and nu with a diffrent sprite looking similar to Mu12 and lamda without the faceplate on lol

I don't think that Jin-Hakumen counts. Unlike the girls and Hazama, they are completely different persons, it would be the same if Jin morphed into Hakumen like the rest.

...have you not been keeping up with the story, or...?

They're just referring to how Mu and Noel, Tsubaki and Izayoi, & Hazama and Terumi can actively be interchanged with each other.

The former three are like a Digivolution in Digimon, which go back and forth

for the Digidestined

, but Jin and Hakumen is more like a Pokemon's evolution, a one-way trip.

I also meant that while they are technically the same person, they have shaped into completely different individuals. They had the same origins but followed completely different paths after one point, they have different personalities (for the most part at least), experiences, visions of the world, etc. Also they coexist as different people in the same time and place. Dealing with Hakumen, be it fighting or talking, is not dealing with Jin, unlike Noel, Tsubaki or Hazama where the only difference with their alts is their fighting style.

Dunno if I am managing to explain myself.

I don't get it though, why would a Pokevolved Jin lose his ice powers?

Timeloops?

I think it's because he lost Yukianesa, or if he can use Ice by himself perhaps he just wanted to put behind everything that related to his time as Jin Kisaragi. Or just found the Zanshin to be better overall than Frost Bite.

I don't get it though, why would a Pokevolved Jin lose his ice powers?

Timeloops?

He might've lost it or discarded it. He's not using Yukianesa in Phase 0. Jin's ice manipulation is not innate; it all comes from Yukianesa. He's just very, very, very good at using Yukianesa. Yukianesa was also made for close combat against the Black Beast and requires a lot of seithr. The seithr levels in 2100-2107 are possibly not high enough to support extended use of it.

Or for a Doylist explanation, the change is intended to be symbolic in nature.

Well considering Hakumen does just fine without Yukianesa, I think it's a non-issue especially since he kicked Jin's ass in CS. So what benefits does Ookami have over Yukianesa anyway?

It has the power to negate certain other Ars right? I think that alone would be reason enough for him to use it permenantly.

I thought it just nullified the healing capabilities of Ars?

I'm pretty sure it can kill those who couldn't otherwise be killed. (Like Arakune, Rachel, and Hazama)

According to Ragna in TMMLR: "The blade is made from a special metal (speculation here, possibly hihiirokane?) and it can nullify ars magus. Well, I heard it has yet to actually display its power yet but anyways, NEXT!"

Seeing as Ookami doesn't shut down ars magus around it, it probably needs to cut to have effect, and it's not a permanent one. It's just it has the most pronounced effect upon those who rely upon regeneration, like Ragna or Arakune. Unless the JP script specifies regenerative ars magus and it was left out in the localization?

I thought it could kill things that are immortal or that heal too fast to be killed normally, not only negating any ars related to healing. After all it can kill Rachel and Hazama.

I was under the impression that Haku-men's sword is sort of like the ultimate "cutting" weapon. It's capable of literally separating entities entirely from each other, like across time and shit. Arakune gets sliced by it in one of the non-canon endings and he's unable to regenerate because the the sliced parts are no longer "part" of him due to that property of Ookami. I think Relius mentions that the susano'oh can cut time itself.

I think Hakumen's sword can simply nullify the effects of Ars, but it has to be in physical contact to work. Like if he stabbed Hazama through the heart, he'd definitely die.

Well, Haku did cut time in his CS story to see an alternate dimension or something. He saw a different outcome of his fight with Arakune in which he lost and mocked himself for it.

Not sure if this is worth posting but from Abelcru's (thanks) rip of the Arcfes sneak peek of BBCP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvb3cKcS-bE

The part where it shows story mode CG seems to suggest that Phase Shift story might be included

And also there was one with Kagura vs Azrael and Platinum hugging Caelica

The part where it shows story mode CG seems to suggest that Phase Shift story might be included

We've known this fact since the console version was announced actually, the "Six Heroes" storyline in BBCP is supposed to be a retelling of the novels.