Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BBCP Story Thread [Old]

I'm one of those who hopes its not Nine, I just don't like the obvious and with all signs pointing to Nine hopefully Mori pulls a fast one on us.

I'm one of those who hopes its not Nine, I just don't like the obvious and with all signs pointing to Nine hopefully Mori pulls a fast one on us.

I'd love it if Phantom turned out to be Seven, Eight or any of the other numbered magicians. That would be a funny way to reveal another character to the main plot. Sadly every act Phantom has committed points to it's identity being Nine's.

I mean, hope is nice, and I personally don't like Konoe (or her daughter), but... that image is just so in favor that Nine's around in some way or another; very similar hair, hat, outfit has the same general theme (some minor issues, but that could be due to DAHKNESS covering half of the picture), in addition to all the signs of Phantom being Nine already.

The only glaring issue with that picture compared to the known Nine is the eye color, but dat Ruby, y'know?

At this point, the best way Mori could probably pull a fast one is making Nine a full-on villain, but that also seems unlikely with Phantom's habit of saving/not attacking the other members of the Six Heroes.

I mean, hope is nice, and I personally don't like Konoe (or her daughter), but... that image is just so in favor that Nine's around in some way or another; very similar hair, hat, outfit has the same general theme (some minor issues, but that could be due to DAHKNESS covering half of the picture), in addition to all the signs of Phantom being Nine already.

The only glaring issue with that picture compared to the known Nine is the eye color, but dat Ruby, y'know?

At this point, the best way Mori could probably pull a fast one is making Nine a full-on villain, but that also seems unlikely with Phantom's habit of saving/not attacking the other members of the Six Heroes.

yeah...also the lack of hat kinda has me curious... :/ well if it is phantom I understand, but still.

I thought Nine was a villain. Phantom is helping out Terumi all over the place.

That's funny, I remember Hazama getting really angry in Extend (I think it was Valkenhayn's bad end) when Phantom started showing signs of free will.

She does, but people think she's being controlled much like how Terumi was controlled by Nine through Ruby: Mind Eater.

The fact that Phantom tends to help the other Heroes when they are in danger also suggests that; Valk's bad end in particular all but confirms that Phantom is being controlled and in normal circumstances, would ally with the Heroes.

yeah...also the lack of hat kinda has me curious... :/ well if it is phantom I understand, but still.

If you look really hard, you can see the vague outline of something kind of like her hat. Or at least the brim.

She does, but people think she's being controlled much like how Terumi was controlled by Nine through Ruby: Mind Eater.

The fact that Phantom tends to help the other Heroes when they are in danger also suggests that; Valk's bad end in particular all but confirms that Phantom is being controlled and in normal circumstances, would ally with the Heroes.

The exact same thing apparently happens in Platinum's arcade ending of CP.

So yea, Nine's more than likely being controlled; sort of an ironic fate given she did the same to Terumi.

Collapsed: Valkenhayn's bad ending dialogue:

*Hazama had just finished seriously harming Valkenhayn*

Hazama: "C'mon! Speak! Roll over! Play dead! PLAY DEAD, GODDAMN IT! HAHAHAHA!"

Valkenhayn: "(Noooo...!)"

Phantom: "..."

*Phantom teleports Valkenhayn back to the Alucard's castle*

Hazama: "What the eff! Hey...! HEY! Who said you could teleport that geezer outta here, HUH?!"

Hazama: "Aw, I guess it's just as well. Don't want him dying on us, after all."

*Hazama later goes on to say*

Hazama: "Don't tell me you've still got some free-will rattling around in there..."

Hazama: "Hmph..."

If you look really hard, you can see the vague outline of something kind of like her hat. Or at least the brim.

You can also see her hair in the background without looking that hard.

Her hair, her hair being cut off by the hat, the details on the hat. Pretty much anything not covered by DAHKNESS is pretty easy to see.

Tsk, still don't know/haven't seen whatever picture you're talking about, but oh well. Interesting on that Valkenhayn thing though.

I'd love it if Phantom turned out to be Seven, Eight or any of the other numbered magicians. That would be a funny way to reveal another character to the main plot. Sadly every act Phantom has committed points to it's identity being Nine's.

Eight's dead, and seven's a guy. That picture had boobs. Unless you're suggesting seven got breast implants at one point...

I'm just going to stick to simplicity and go for it's Nine having spasms with Mind eater and Terumi with the reverse troll assist.

Eight's dead, and seven's a guy. That picture had boobs. Unless you're suggesting seven got breast implants at one point...

How did Eight die?!?!

Phantons is not Nine...Spoiler:

Phantom is Rachel's mother, if you play Valkenhayn story you will see that too

While I'm entirely sure this is false, it makes me wonder: Does Rachel even have parents? I thought Clavis was like, her grandfather or something, but I don't remember any mention of a mother or father or anything like that. Not really important in the grand scheme of things, I guess, but I'm still kinda curious.

How did Eight die?!?!

Seven killed her.

If phantom does turn out to be Eight though, she'll probably have some grudge against jin, since seven becomes the head of kisaragi family and the two of them have a passing resemblance to each other, and jin's holding on to yukianesa.

It's very unlikely though, since in hakumen's cp ending he actually acknowledges her as nine.

Phantons is not Nine...Spoiler:

Phantom is Rachel's mother, if you play Valkenhayn story you will see that too

No. Just... no. I can't even dignify this with a proper response.

While I'm entirely sure this is false, it makes me wonder: Does Rachel even have parents? I thought Clavis was like, her grandfather or something, but I don't remember any mention of a mother or father or anything like that. Not really important in the grand scheme of things, I guess, but I'm still kinda curious.

He's her father. She doesn't really have a mother. Unless you want to say Clavis is also her mother.

Rachel went back to her mansion to visit her late dad's room underground (that's the only place she couldn't teleport to). That room used to seal something, but it's not explained what or why. Rachel wondered if she was doing the right thing and why did her dad gave birth to her.

Note: the term used is really "gave birth", which is weird. I suppose Rachel was a product of asexual reproduction.

Phantom not being Nine at this point would be really weird, no? It'd be such a huge red herring. It's possible (in the sense that near anything in this damn series is possible), but not probable.

My guess is that it isn't Phantom/Nine in the image but it is Eight for the reasons stated in the other thread.

Her being killed by Seven

doesn't change anything to me since Nine was supposed to be dead as well, unless I'm missing some kind of context that goes along with her death and maybe something someone said that I just haven't followed along with.

So I at least think the person in that image is a completely separate character from Phantom entirely is what I'm really getting at. Meaning while they are in somewhat control of "Phantom"/Nine, they could also be in control of that character who I'm guessing is Eight. This also means anything any characters have said about Phantom doesn't apply to this character for her to not be Eight for whatever reason.

That image just seems really evil looking, even though Phantom has been showing signs of actually being "good" towards the good guys recently so that's part of the reason I don't necessarily think it is "Phantom".

But that's just my guess.

I really don't see anything batshit about what's happening in that image anyways. Let's say Nine is under her own spell, Ruby: Mind Eater, and that has given her ruby-like bright red eyes. Now let's say that that CG is the grand ol' "reveal" that Phantom is really Nine, having the Phantom guise dissipate. Nine would be surrounded by the dissipating darkness from what was once Phantom, and her eye would be glowing, likely for dramatic effect.

But we won't know anything for sure until console release rolls around.

#whensoctober