Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BBCP Story Thread [Old]

Ha, is Ragna really saying that Jin headbutted him? That's pretty funny.

...Is that why he's bleeding? That's....actually pretty funny, I think this is the first time they've played their rivalry for laughs outside of the gag reels.

...Is that why he's bleeding? That's....actually pretty funny, I think this is the first time they've played their rivalry for laughs outside of the gag reels.

I think so, yes. Even without that tidbit, it sounds like an older brother scolding his younger one. Ragna calls him a loser and a stupid jerk. Fairly typical of Ragna, but with the forehead bit and their expressions it's funnier.

odd question about hakumen in the storyline.

it seems like even though he needs and observer and is only running at somewhere between 25%-33% of his max power have they thought of/explained a way to pretty much set him into the timeline permanently?

though im assuming once its all over hell just let himself dissapear.

also about his sword, last i remember discussing it was sealed up because theres no soul powering it. the sword already exhibits an odd nature despite not functioning, basically being able to stop healing factors, cutting open time and killing the unkillable. what id like to really know is what was the swords real purpose? it, despite having its power source cut, seems absurdly powerful for a dead weapon.

factoring in all at once if he was at full power, and the sword was powered how strong would you guage him to be? irrelavent or will be be the latent SSJ4 of blazblue because hakumen reasons?

Well there's a high possibility Hakumen might bite it in this game, or at least at the end of the series. Mostly because like you said, he doesn't have an observer and him existing essentially a paradox because he's not originally from the current timeline. Then again, this series is pretty wonky about time travel so what the hell do I know.

Doesn't Hakumen's soul power Ookami the same way it powers the Susanooh unit?

Rachel is Hakumen's observer, so why would he disappear? Unless she isn't anymore and I'm somehow confusing what happened at the end of CS. But I doubt Rachel would let that happen. He'll only bite it if he intends to sacrifice himself somehow, that's how I see it.

Well there's a high possibility Hakumen might bite it in this game, or at least at the end of the series. Mostly because like you said, he doesn't have an observer and him existing essentially a paradox because he's not originally from the current timeline. Then again, this series is pretty wonky about time travel so what the hell do I know.

Doesn't Hakumen's soul power Ookami the same way it powers the Susanooh unit?

no last i recall his soul is only powering the suit, the sword requires an outside soul to power it but it was removed, or was never put in, so th sword has been sealed or kept in a restricted form since.

Rachel is Hakumen's observer, so why would he disappear? Unless she isn't anymore and I'm somehow confusing what happened at the end of CS. But I doubt Rachel would let that happen. He'll only bite it if he intends to sacrifice himself somehow, that's how I see it.

by die I meant after the story ends there pretty much nothing left for him so he may just let himself disappear into the time stream or just fade away.

no last i recall his soul is only powering the suit, the sword requires an outside soul to power it but it was removed, or was never put in, so th sword has been sealed or kept in a restricted form since.

by die I meant after the story ends there pretty much nothing left for him so he may just let himself disappear into the time stream or just fade away.

I guess so, I mean I can't really see him fighting Ragna to the death.

Die like Fate Archer did. He and Hakumen are pretty much doing the same things anyway... to a point.

Saaaay..... Die buying time for other characters to escape (though Ragna pretty much does that already). Or die after sniping Terumi before he could take Ragna down with him. Or cut off his arm and transplant it to Ragna so he can use Ookami instead of the Blood Scythe. Possibilities are endless....

also about his sword, last i remember discussing it was sealed up because theres no soul powering it. the sword already exhibits an odd nature despite not functioning, basically being able to stop healing factors, cutting open time and killing the unkillable. what id like to really know is what was the swords real purpose? it, despite having its power source cut, seems absurdly powerful for a dead weapon.

It's able to negate Ars Magus because of the material the blade is made of, which is how it stops healing factors. And cutting time was the power of the Susano'o Unit, not Okami.

Also it's lacking a core, not a soul. Cores are made of a mini-Black Beast like in the Sector Seven story in Extend.

. Cores are made of a mini-Black Beast like in the Sector Seven story in Extend.

now see that sounds even more overpowered than what i remember.

full power hakumen, ars magus negating wack job sword going full throttle.

i wanna see it.

has anything else been said about tsukuyomi and amaterasu? are they sankishin units or are they simply objects that are aware?

has anything else been said about tsukuyomi and amaterasu? are they sankishin units or are they simply objects that are aware?

Taken From BBCP:MC

Sankishin (三輝神) a.k.a Original unit is the name for the three units known as Amaterasu Unit, Tsukiyomi Unit and Susanoo unit.

Amaterasu unit who also is the Master Unit possesses the power of phenomenon Intervention, is currently interferes with Ikaruga in order to erase the hatred there.

Not much is known about Tsukiyomi other than Rachel possesses it and it have the Ultimate Defense, I think. It is also known as Time Defender (刻の護り)

When humaity put the Takamagahara-System in use and tried to get control over the boundary they got interference from someone unknown. After some investigation they found out that it came from something that was above the Susanoo and Humanity named it Amaterasu Unit.

It's able to negate Ars Magus because of the material the blade is made of, which is how it stops healing factors. And cutting time was the power of the Susano'o Unit, not Okami.

Also it's lacking a core, not a soul. Cores are made of a mini-Black Beast like in the Sector Seven story in Extend.

What's it made of? Not more hihiirokane, right?

IIRC I thought Relius called the core of a Nox Nyctores its soul. He tells Ignis to grab the core in S7 sidestory and that it's her soul. Are they not one and the same?

@psycofang2: Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu are all Sankishin Core Units. Amaterasu, at least, seems to exhibit a will of its own and it's pretty damn broken. The title emblem for CP is Amaterasu's crest. The Murakumo Units are anti-Sankishin weapons and were originally meant to destroy Amaterasu.

Susano'o - cuts time

Tsukuyomi - protects time

Amaterasu - (likely administrates) time

Don't know, Teach Me Ms. Litchi just says it's made of a special metal.

IIRC I thought Relius called the core of a Nox Nyctores its soul. He tells Ignis to grab the core in S7 sidestory and that it's her soul. Are they not one and the same?

There the same, I just forgot about Relius calling it that.

@psycofang2: Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu are all Sankishin Core Units. Amaterasu, at least, seems to exhibit a will of its own and it's pretty damn broken. The title emblem for CP is Amaterasu's crest. The Murakumo Units are anti-Sankishin weapons and were originally meant to destroy Amaterasu.

Susano'o - cuts time

Tsukuyomi - protects time

Amaterasu - (likely administrates) time

i firgured that much, i was more wondering about what they embody or if they are able to get up and walk around. were they mobile like hakumen.

i wondered because rachel "used" the tsukuyomi unit to stop take michazuki from blowing shit up in CT. so i wondered if she channeled its power or if Tsuku was simply a tool. same with amaterasu.

i firgured that much, i was more wondering about what they embody or if they are able to get up and walk around. were they mobile like hakumen.

i wondered because rachel "used" the tsukuyomi unit to stop take michazuki from blowing shit up in CT. so i wondered if she channeled its power or if Tsuku was simply a tool. same with amaterasu.

I don't think Tsukuyomi is like the Susano'o Unit, or even that it's something actually physical at all. Both Rachel and Takamagahara act like it's her tool, and they get pretty mad about her using it. For Amaterasu, who knows? It's been stuck in the Boundary. We might see it in CP given all the increased importance of Amaterasu and the references to Ama-no-Iwato. Maybe it's that golden thing with the Azure casket that appears in the arcade opening, maybe it's not.

Technically Noel was its inheritor/"owner", but it seemed like Amaterasu was pulling the real strings.

Alright, I accidently posted this in another thread but got a warrant from the interwebz poe-lice, so I'ma post this here.

Wonder how Bang will fight without his nail, since Relius took it away, according to the arcade ending.

Alright, I accidently posted this in another thread but got a "warrant" from the interwebz poe-lice, so I'ma post this here.

Wonder how Bang will fight without his nail, since Relius took it away, according to the arcade ending.

There's nothing concrete stating Bang loses his nail, it's just a possibility based on the lack of resolution in his arcade ending (which may not even be canon). For now, anything stating that his nail has been taken is just wild speculation.

As Tokkan said, there's nothing to actually prove that Relius takes it away. Bang's arcade story ends with Relius telling him what Rettenjou will do if it's activated. He might, or Bang might activate Furinkazan and get the hell out of there.

If he did lose it in the story, he'd probably fight the same way with moves that use the nail restricted (think how Jin can't use attacks that use Yukianesa in two fights, or Ragna's struggle against Terumi).

As Tokkan said, there's nothing to actually prove that Relius takes it away. Bang's arcade story ends with Relius telling him what Rettenjou will do if it's activated. He might, or Bang might activate Furinkazan and get the hell out of there.

If he did lose it in the story, he'd probably fight the same way with moves that use the nail restricted (think how Jin can't use attacks that use Yukianesa in two fights, or Ragna's struggle against Terumi).

Well for hurricane fury I say it'd at least be changed visually (instead of the nail he'd use that hand hammer he has in his CS art for the 4th,5th,and 6th hit)

I thought it was confirmed that Relius took Bang's nail away? If not, then there wouldn't be any change to his fighting style.

I thought it was confirmed that Relius took Bang's nail away? If not, then there wouldn't be any change to his fighting style.

Exactly. That's why Bang didn't lose his nail. Maybe it'll happen later on in the story though.

Well, according to siliconera: Kokonoe has been confirmed as a playable character. And now I wonder about the kind of things she'll get up to?

EDIT: Apparently, she's gonna be a DLC character at a later date (after the game is released).