Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BBCP Story Thread [Old]

Hold on, before we go on a witch hunt against Ragna, didn't Jin kill people as well in Ikaruga? Why isn't he a murderer? Now if someone can correct me please do, I don't really remember much about CT or CS for that matter. So if someone can point me in the right direction I would be much obliged. But anyway, he did kill people yes? Why isn't Tsubaki all uptight about that?

Regardless, Ragna is still one of the FEW characters who is the most human ironically.

Tsubaki is ready to kill anything that doesn't stand for her "justice" so she's a villain in my book, hence why I hate her.

> NOL says kill people

> justice

Because Jin kills people the NOL tells him to. He's a soldier.

I think the retconned the fact that he killed many NOL soldiers.

Hazama even said that most were badly beaten and couldn't compete in beauty pageants anymore.

> NOL says kill people

> justice

Because Jin kills people the NOL tells him to. He's a soldier.

And nobody see's anything wrong with that? Just me?

Well, soldiers are a bit different than criminals. Police officers have to kill people sometimes in their line of work, but you wouldn't call them murderers.

Well, soldiers are a bit different than criminals. Police officers have to kill people sometimes in their line of work, but you wouldn't call them murderers.

I can think of some soldiers through out history that we're considered war criminals. But I'd rather not get into that >.>

Hazama even said that most were badly beaten and couldn't compete in beauty pageants anymore.

They retconned it to make Ragna look like a more relatable hero. I honestly don't like that, should have just kept it canon. Even though it's retconned, it's still canon in my mind. Ragna killed a bunch of people, innocent women and children included to get to the NOL Branch. (Or did he kill them at the NOL branch, don't remember lol)

I think of Ragna as Vash the Stampede. Everywhere he goes, shit goes to hell but it's not his fault and he gets blamed for it.

I think of Ragna as Vash the Stampede. Everywhere he goes, shit goes to hell but it's not his fault and he gets blamed for it.

I'll just go with Yakuzu and call it karma lols.

Pretty much in agreement there.

Well yeah, Ragna's based on Vash the Stampede design-wise so he shares that much from him aside from Vash's pacifism.

This topic has come up before but I doubt the veracity of that line. It's in a section of the story that is riddled with localization errors so idk. Plus you don't get a name like the Grim Reaper for only beating people up.

The CT novel probably has the most recent information.

@Dawn of Musou: He didn't kill children. Afaik, he killed any Library soldier that stood in his way at the Akitsu NOL base. There is the question of how many NOL soldiers he's killed previously though. Ragna has destroyed at least two Cauldrons, though he could've sneaked into some of the bases instead of just slaughtering everyone in his path.

Plus you don't get a name like the Grim Reaper for only beating people up.

Having a Scythe is apparently enough to deserve that title haha

Dunno, Ragna couldn't even finish Hazama and spared Arakune life, so I dont think he's the kind who enjoys overkilling people. Azrael in other hand...

It should be noted he left Hazama alive after he severely injured him so he can suffer from his injuries. That, and the life link kinda made killing him impossible.

He was also perfectly willing to kill Arakune before Litchi stopped him.

Ragna may have his virtues, but he's not exactly the most noble person around. He's still mostly motivated by vengeance(tho, he seems to have mellowed somewhat by CP).

On the subject of Jin and the NOL. The NOL are the governing force of the BB world, they're essentially the military and they keep the world from falling into chaos. Jin was a soldier for them at the time, and he was simply following orders, there was no personal reasons for his actions. Ragna opposes the NOL thereby disrupting the peace of the world, even moreso he's doing so for his own selfish reasons and took down anyone that got in his way.

If you were in the military and heard about a guy like Ragna, you wouldn't exactly be saying to yourself "Man, I bet he's a swell guy beneath the murdering"

Jin isn't completely clean in the end. The NOL poses his actions in Ikaruga as heroism, but Bang does claim he is a murderer, so at the very least things weren't pretty. After all, Bang did lose his home and a lot of friends and family on that, many people must be on the same situation.

But you can argue thought, that it was war, and when you go to war there will be casualties.

That, and since Bang was on the opposing side, he's obviously not going to look at Jin favorably. He's got a pretty legit beef with Jin.

In fact, I wonder how that's going to play out; Trinity told Bang that Jin isn't his real enemy, but when you get down to it he has some pretty good reasons to hate the guy. I don't think Bang is the type to go all "REVENGE" but I don't think he's just gonna let Jin walk away either, especially since he's a dick.

That, and since Bang was on the opposing side, he's obviously not going to look at Jin favorably. He's got a pretty legit beef with Jin.

In fact, I wonder how that's going to play out; Trinity told Bang that Jin isn't his real enemy, but when you get down to it he has some pretty good reasons to hate the guy. I don't think Bang is the type to go all "REVENGE" but I don't think he's just gonna let Jin walk away either, especially since he's a dick.

They already solved that in CS. It's like the very first thing Bang does in his story mode in CS iirc.

They already solved that in CS. It's like the very first thing Bang does in his story mode in CS iirc.

Oh right, that did happen.

Its been a while since I played CS.

Still I notice, Bang has an incredibly long monologue towards him in their intro in CP.

Oh right, that did happen.

Its been a while since I played CS.

Still I notice, Bang has an incredibly long monologue towards him in their intro in CP.

For reference, Bang's BBCP Arcade Mode "story battles" are Arakune > Azrael > Litchi > Relius. Azrael's seems more like a "just because" fight though, but it could have future implications if there's any weight in Azrael talking about if they meet again they'll pick up where they left off.

Arakune/Litchi/Relius are all completely story-related because of Bang's nail so you know what direction his story will be going in or at least how he'll be involved in whatever group he's put in.

So probably,

Bang is going to get bodied near the end of his story path and lose his nail to Relius, which will lead into whatever true ending path with the big bad story reveal with things getting crazy leading into the cliffhanger for the next game. Somehow Bang will retain his nail after the fact, maybe after it's purpose has been served and rendered "useless" for their purposes. Because I can't imagine them letting him off so easily after revealing information like that to him if his arcade "story" is anything close to the real thing since even the arcade ends in a cliffhanger for him. Unless they really insist on removing the nail from the character in-game animations and everything for the next game. Maybe Jin of all people will "save him" after the fact, lol.

Just a guess for what will happen to him based off his arcade mode.

@Dawn of Musou: He didn't kill children. Afaik, he killed any Library soldier that stood in his way at the Akitsu NOL base. There is the question of how many NOL soldiers he's killed previously though. Ragna has destroyed at least two Cauldrons, though he could've sneaked into some of the bases instead of just slaughtering everyone in his path.

Damn, I wanted more reasons to call him a jerk. Naw but I like Ragna despite his retconned murders. The guy's been through a lot and although it doesn't show much, he cares about some people.

So probably,

Bang is going to get bodied near the end of his story path and lose his nail to Relius, which will lead into whatever true ending path with the big bad story reveal with things getting crazy leading into the cliffhanger for the next game. Somehow Bang will retain his nail after the fact, maybe after it's purpose has been served and rendered "useless" for their purposes. Because I can't imagine them letting him off so easily after revealing information like that to him if his arcade "story" is anything close to the real thing since even the arcade ends in a cliffhanger for him. Unless they really insist on removing the nail from the character in-game animations and everything for the next game. Maybe Jin of all people will "save him" after the fact, lol.

Just a guess for what will happen to him based off his arcade mode.

This probably is what's gonna happen, really sucks for Bang. The guy needs a break instead of

getting shitted on by the villain, getting his only object that makes him plot-relevant taken and becoming unimportant again after his object has been used. It would be nice if Bang actually put up a good fight against Relius and escaped with his nail after nearly dying or something. After that, I can imagine him working with Kokonoe and Makoto in Sector Seven because he now knows Relius' plans.

If you aren't an immortal, a hero or blessed with magical or otherwordly powers you're pretty much shit-tier in this story

Maybe they can come with a way around for Bang's situation, I mean Tsubaki was also in the bottom tier of canon power levels but they did made her whole Valkyrie mode that's Izayoi...based on a single line in CS that doesn't even hint that's a Henshin Mode.

I dunno, perhaps forbidden Ninjustsu as part of Tenjo's legacy or something. The guy is having a much more serious story this time around, just look at his encounters in his Arcade.

I'd rather everyone in the story doesn't have a super henshin-a go go mode; Izayoi and Terumi are already pushing it.

Terumi kinda-sorta doesn't count since it's just his pre-existing ego. That is, assuming Hazama doesn't change clothes during the CCBP story. CCBP should be a good point for Ragna to have a super mode sooner or later.