Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BBCP Story Thread [Old]

I really don't get what's Terumi after. I mean if he just wanted to destroy everything why not just let the Black Beast roam free in the Dark War or something? I mean, he must be after something harder to achieve than just destruction. Otherwise why have such awfully complicated plans.

Keep in mind he's also insane. Specifically speaking, he doesn't simply want to destroy everything, he wants to spread as much despair as possible, so he systemically tries to break the cast one by one before ending their miserable lives. That, and he needs to be hated to continue living, its basically a survival tactic.

I really don't get what's Terumi after. I mean if he just wanted to destroy everything why not just let the Black Beast roam free in the Dark War or something? I mean, he must be after something harder to achieve than just destruction. Otherwise why have such awfully complicated plans.

Destroying Amaterasu is his top priority. The Black Beast was, in his words, just a pain in the ass. It was a fantastic failure and it just screwed everything up. He wants a "world of despair."

I'm not fond of the "lol driving people to despair is a survival tactic!" Hatred alone is not enough to sustain him, and at best it's just a temporary hold between observers. I don't think he gives much thought to that... He just enjoys hurting people.

Right, I forgot about Amaterasu. Must be so complex in plans because it's so hard to get rid of it, but when it's done he can ensure that whatever mess he makes will actually stick instead of being resetted or something.

I just noticed, with Saya having purple hair now; Jin is the only one who still has his family's natural hair and eye color.

Hmm, I've always wondered if Saya's general color scheme harbored a hidden, symbolic, story-based message, what with Ragna and Jin being "evil red" and "righteous blue," respectively. (i.e., Red + Blue → Purple) Nah, probably not...

Right, I forgot about Amaterasu. Must be so complex in plans because it's so hard to get rid of it, but when it's done he can ensure that whatever mess he makes will actually stick instead of being resetted or something.

Amaterasu is stuck in the Boundary, so it was kind of impossible TO destroy it unless he wanted to use Mu. But then he opted for eliminating Takamagahara first (likely because they were planning on nabbing the Azure after Amaterasu was out of the way).

There's only two options for destroying Amaterasu: Find someone else who can locate Amaterasu within the Boundary, or bring it out of the Boundary. Chronophantasma has a huge arrow pointing towards the latter.

@Fenris: Red doesn't represent evil so much as it does rebellion and chaos. Blue is more like destiny and order.

Hmm, I've always wondered if Saya's general color scheme harbored a hidden, symbolic, story-based message, what with Ragna and Jin being "evil red" and "righteous blue," respectively. (i.e., Red + Blue → Purple) Nah, probably not...

Purple also tends to represent royalty, so yeah.

There's only two options for destroying Amaterasu: Find someone else who can locate Amaterasu within the Boundary, or bring it out of the Boundary. Chronophantasma has a huge arrow pointing towards the latter.

I take it that's Noel you're referring to. Hakumen did say the door to the boundary won't open unless the eye is present. Guess her role isn't over yet...makes you wonder why Hazama just stopped giving a fuck about her.

So if according to the Blazblue world; Red is rebellion and chaos(Ragna), Blue is destiny and order(Jin), does that make purple some type of combination of the two? chaotic order? a living contradiction?

I take it that's Noel you're referring to. Hakumen did say the door to the boundary won't open unless the eye is present. Guess her role isn't over yet...makes you wonder why Hazama just stopped giving a fuck about her.

Hazama stopped giving a fuck about Noel because he can't control her anymore. That's why he's using Nu now. His plan is basically to have Nu kill Noel to take the Azure from her.

He realized an alternate method of opening the Nemesis Horizon. It's what he's screaming about in Ragna's arcade ending. Nu is also potentially capable of killing Amaterasu once it's out of the Boundary.

Hello guys. Long time no see.

I hope you are doing well.

Continuing the discussion, I think Terumi/Hazama is only "afraid" of Saya only because she is his new observer, which is hinted by the end of Continuum Shift when he deactivated Takamagahara, his current observer by then.

But what I'm really intrigued is about that image of Azrael and Kagura.

The aura behind Azrael is strikingly similar to the Black Beast, so here's my two cents about him:

. He is either a homunculus or a human infused with the beast genes, in an experiment-gone-wrong by Sector Seven.

. After the experiment, his mind was shattered and he became obsessed with combat;

. It would explain his nature of not differentiating friend from foe due to the overuse of his "power" (this applies to Ragna, as seen during his bad ending in CS);

. His name is a reference to an angel of death... Ragna is the god of death, so yeah... this could be a hint that their nature is similar;

. Azrael did not attain the Soul Eater properties, but maybe Sector 7's objective was to create and mass produce powerful soldiers to use against the NOL...

. Enchant Dragunov acts as a limiter and I bet it is magic, in the BB world magic > armagus..

This may be a huge stretch, but might be worthy of a discussion....

PS: I will be back with new BB and GG tabs as soon as I enter vacations, a couple months from now.

Of course, it might be just a visual showcase how freaking crazy Azrael is. That, or his aura might change color/appearance when unlcoking certain levels of his Enchant Dragunov. What I am saying is that I don't want Azrael to have Black Bleast blood in him.

Speaking of Enchant Dragunov, does its name have a meaning?

I think it's just meant to sound "Cool" I guess. Obviously the Dragunov is another weapon thus following the trend. Enchant just sounds all sparkly and magical.

Should of been called something like "Face-Breaking Herald of death and apocalypse Dragunov"

Hello guys. Long time no see.

I hope you are doing well.

Continuing the discussion, I think Terumi/Hazama is only "afraid" of Saya only because she is his new observer, which is hinted by the end of Continuum Shift when he deactivated Takamagahara, his current observer by then.

But what I'm really intrigued is about that image of Azrael and Kagura.

The aura behind Azrael is strikingly similar to the Black Beast, so here's my two cents about him:

. He is either a homunculus or a human infused with the beast genes, in an experiment-gone-wrong by Sector Seven.

. After the experiment, his mind was shattered and he became obsessed with combat;

. It would explain his nature of not differentiating friend from foe due to the overuse of his "power" (this applies to Ragna, as seen during his bad ending in CS);

. His name is a reference to an angel of death... Ragna is the god of death, so yeah... this could be a hint that their nature is similar;

. Azrael did not attain the Soul Eater properties, but maybe Sector 7's objective was to create and mass produce powerful soldiers to use against the NOL...

. Enchant Dragunov acts as a limiter and I bet it is magic, in the BB world magic > armagus..

This may be a huge stretch, but might be worthy of a discussion....

PS: I will be back with new BB and GG tabs as soon as I enter vacations, a couple months from now.

I brought this up way back actually, My friend thought I was a bit crazy first bringing it up, but now I do wonder if those random white slits are eyes :P

I'm actually unsure whether Takamagahara was ever his observer. Hakumen describes himself and Rachel as "uncertain factors" (or external factors depending on the translation), beings that have fallen from Takamagahara's gaze and thus need another observer to maintain themselves. I can't remember if he mentions Terumi but Terumi fits the criteria.

Enchant Dragunov acts as a limiter and I bet it is magic, in the BB world magic > armagus..

Well, Enchant Dragunov itself isn't of note. Ragna theorizes it might be an amplification crest, but Azrael tells him it's a limiter he willingly keeps on himself. Azrael doesn't release it because very few people can stand up to his Level 1 form, let alone Level 2 or (presumably) Level 3. I think it actually takes the form of his tattoos.

I think his aura is just general powerup aura.

You know, something has been bothering me about the whole scenario in BB. If you will indulge me for a moment, I'd like to ask: from where did the very first Black Beast come from? As I understood it, the Black Beast appeared out of nowhere in Japan on 2100/01/01 wreaking havoc and thus forcing the world to spearhead the Armagus development. They ultimately subdued the thing and then some 100 years later on 2200/01/01 Ragna and Nu-13 merge to become it and are thus sent back into the past 100 years to repeat the process. This repeated for 724 loops and was finally broken in the 725th one that we are currently following.

But, from what time did the first Black Beast even show up? There should have been a 2100/01/01 timeline before the Groundhog Century loop even started, meaning it wouldn't force the sped up development of Ars Armagus because there could not be any seithr without the Black Beast. And since we know the Black Beast needs both Ragna and Nu-13 to be created, then what could have made that initial one in a timeline where seithr and Armagus did not exist (or at least, wasn't sufficiently developed)? Gah, time travel is ghastly business for your brain :psyduck:.

^ Experiments into the Boundary probably. Doesn't Terumi state at one point in the CS stories that the Beast was "mankind's punishment?" He at least seems to imply at several points that people were trying all sorts of ways to get at the Boundry/the Azure/Amaterasu considering that as far as I remember the discovery of those things predates the Dark War.

The question is if that's the ORIGINAL Black Beast, or if in every timeline, Hazama is experimenting, then Ragna and Nu burst out of the cauldron and THAT's what he calls the accident.

In other words, his experiment goes awry because of the time loops sending Ragna/Nu back in time and that's the Black Beast that comes out.

^ Experiments into the Boundary probably. Doesn't Terumi state at one point in the CS stories that the Beast was "mankind's punishment?" He at least seems to imply at several points that people were trying all sorts of ways to get at the Boundry/the Azure/Amaterasu considering that as far as I remember the discovery of those things predates the Dark War.

I thought the BB was just Terumi's experiment gone awry.

So then, wouldn't that make both Ragna and Nu-13 at the very least, byproducts of the Boundary? I mean, I can understand Hazama/Terumi being able to create a Black Beast using an imperfect Cauldron (he DID say he observed pretty much every possibility). It actually makes sense if he first created a failed Kusanagi (Black Beast) if it originated from a timeline before it could even attack in 2100/01/01.

Well given that the area he's experimenting with kind of twists time around, then so long as there is a possibility in any timeline that a Black Beast exists, then there's a possibility that one pops out of the cauldron he was working with.

So it might not even matter in the end. Chicken and egg type stuff. Though it seems quite possible to simply create a Beast. Didn't Relius get Kononoe to make one in the EX Sector 7 extra chapter? (And all the Nox's were supposed to be made in a similar manner.)