Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BBCP Story Thread [Old]

Well, basically, it COULD be like this:

Hazama experimenting with cauldron -> Black Beast accidentally created on the spot (not Ragna and Nu) -> defeated by original 6 heroes -> start time loop -> BB spawns when Ragna/Nu sent back in time -> loop til it's broken

Or it could be like this:

Hazama experimenting with cauldron -> Black Beast, which is Ragna/Nu all along, comes in from the future, which is what Hazama calls an accident -> cue time loop

Yes, or at least an entity extremely close to one. What made THE Black Beast so dangerous is probably the Azure Grimoire and the stock of souls it had already built up. It glutting itself on a good portion of Japan and then the rest of the world didn't help. By the time Nine came up with the techniques to create the Nox Nyctores, the Black Beast had likely long passed the point of being contained so easily.

Chicken and egg type stuff.

Small nitpick, but apparently that causality dilemma has been solved about 3 years ago. Turns out:

the chicken came first

...reportedly. I've never been much of a lover of the many sciences out there unless it involved bogus science-fiction :eng101:.

Well, basically, it COULD be like this:

Hazama experimenting with cauldron -> Black Beast accidentally created on the spot (not Ragna and Nu) -> defeated by original 6 heroes -> start time loop -> BB spawns when Ragna/Nu sent back in time -> loop til it's broken

I'd say that this is more of a possibility considering in the more recent novels, Ragna, Jin and Saya were apparently saved by Jubei from a test lab of sorts (they were wearing clinical robes and had ID tags on their bracelets, the same one that Ragna is said to treasure in his character bio). Same novel also implies that Ragna, at the very least (no mention of Saya), was infused with remnants of the Black Beast in that lab. Unfortunately, I do not have a link to where that is from. I do know it has to be one of the 2 recent novels.

It's from the first Calamity Trigger novel.

Define "remnants of the Black Beast" though. Ragna's already hefting around the Black Beast's body in his right arm, but that happened AFTER the church was destroyed.

It's from the first Calamity Trigger novel.

Define "remnants of the Black Beast" though. Ragna's already hefting around the Black Beast's body in his right arm, but that happened AFTER the church was destroyed.

Well, this is just my personal guess but if Rachel had the physical remnant that Ragna eventually took after Hazama had his original right arm lopped off, the only "remnant" of the Black Beast that I can think of being readily available for mad scientists would be...seithr. Perhaps Ragna was infused with a large quantity of seithr as a child though I cannot hazard a guess as to why such an experiment would be needed.

Actually, it might be the head. I just remembered that the corpse of the Black Beast that Ragna gets under the church was headless.

Or it's just referring to the Beast Gene project described in the first Setting Material Collection.

Actually, it might be the head. I just remembered that the corpse of the Black Beast that Ragna gets under the church was headless.

Or it's just referring to the Beast Gene project described in the first Setting Material Collection.

I thought the reason it was headless was because either Ragna/Nu-13 act as its "brain". But, there was a Beast Gene project? What was that about besides the obvious "insert Beast Genes into easily scarred child and see what comes up"?

I'd say that this is more of a possibility considering in the more recent novels, Ragna, Jin and Saya were apparently saved by Jubei from a test lab of sorts (they were wearing clinical robes and had ID tags on their bracelets, the same one that Ragna is said to treasure in his character bio). Same novel also implies that Ragna, at the very least (no mention of Saya), was infused with remnants of the Black Beast in that lab. Unfortunately, I do not have a link to where that is from. I do know it has to be one of the 2 recent novels.

This would explain why he's able to use the Azure Grimoire, and why everyone considers him the reincarnation of the beast.

I thought the original Black Beast was born when they tried to create Mu-12. It explains why they tried to do Nu more like Lambda and why there were Hierarchical cities in the original timeline. It also explains the absence of Noel in the original timeline.

I thought the original Black Beast was born when they tried to create Mu-12. It explains why they tried to do Nu more like Lambda and why there were Hierarchical cities in the original timeline. It also explains the absence of Noel in the original timeline.

When they tried to make Kusanagi (the first Murakumo Unit), not Mu-12. Mu-12 (in her fully tempered state) is just the fully realized Murakumo Unit, the one made with the true Azure and capable of locating Amaterasu. She's called the reincarnation of Kusanagi for that precise reason. The naming scheme comes from the sword's role in myth. The first Kusanagi kind of bombed.

Noel probably isn't present in the Wheel of Fortune and other "early" timelines because she died at Ibukido. I'm not sure how Hierarchical Cities relate to all this. There are Hierarchical Cities because seithr is toxic in high doses, so it's probably more like there are Hierarchical Cities in every timeline that has a Black Beast (so all of them??).

His black aura attacks reminds me a little of Ragna's. It amost looks like there are teeth forming out from them. One of them looks like Ragna's dead spike.

His black aura attacks reminds me a little of Ragna's. It amost looks like there are teeth forming out from them. One of them looks like Ragna's dead spike.

Those be embers, no doubt from some poor, unfortunate, smoldering wreckage nearby (possibly ones belonging to Kagura's sweet bachelor pad). But I will grant you that Azrael's aura does evoke a similar feeling to Ragna, though it is probably nothing more than coincidence.

I wonder who that girl with him with the short black hair is and if she's important to anything at all.

I wonder who that girl with him with the short black hair is and if she's important to anything at all.

That's a dude.

Those be embers, no doubt from some poor, unfortunate, smoldering wreckage nearby (possibly ones belonging to Kagura's sweet bachelor pad). But I will grant you that Azrael's aura does evoke a similar feeling to Ragna, though it is probably nothing more than coincidence.

lol my bad

I too thought it was a girl, he looks too feminine. And flatchests are popular in Blazblue so..

Though, I guess knowing BB and thinking on it, if he was a girl he wouldn't be wearing pants. Either way, I'm curious who he is and if he has a role in things.

Though, I guess knowing BB and thinking on it, if he was a girl he wouldn't be wearing pants. Either way, I'm curious who he is and if he has a role in things.

All we know about Hibiki is that he aids Kagura and is far too pretty.

Well, knowing that, and his name is certainly a bunch more than I knew 20 minutes ago, so thanks.

I didn't even notice that lol.

So basically he's like his subordinate.

Kagura's part in the story looks really interesting. He appears with Kokonoe and Jin so it could mean that S7 will help his coup and Jin will actually do something besides saving Tsubaki and chasing Ragna. Can someone translate what they're saying? I could try but there are too much kanji for me to read...

Though, I guess knowing BB and thinking on it, if he was a girl he wouldn't be wearing pants.

Tsubaki says hi.