Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BBCP Story Thread [Old]

That'd be some serious shit. What if....Kokonoe erased Tager's memories of the entire incident?

Remember, Tager lost all memories of his past when he was turned into the Red Devil (Tager's not even his original name, I don't think). I don't think it's been explicitly mentioned if his memory loss was due to his injuries or Kokonoe's handiwork. We've been led to assume it's the former, but there's no confirmation yet (at least not that I know of \ remember).

Here's the image that flickered quickly in Ragna's arcade mode. If it's not the same thing as this and this and this, I'll eat my hat. Static seems to further symbolize observation or phenomena intervention, or in a couple of cases, seeing a past/future image or what happened in another timeline... (the symbols on the thing are very similar to ones found in other places, such as Ragna's tattoo).

edit: a friend of mine says that it reads "Amaterasu descends," or more accurately, "arrives/visits."

3 stories, although that's still pretty cramped. Sadly, some characters are probably going to end up shortchanged, and we won't see much (if anything at all) from their point of view. 23 characters is a lot, although obviously some will be conflated (Izayoi and Tsubaki, Noel and Mu). Unless the stories are LONG and switch POV more than CTR.

I would hope Kokonoe summons robots, sadly I do not think she will summon Golden Tager for her Astral.

I believe in the same place it was mentioned that the story mode would be more intertwined it was also mentioned that the length would be similar to the past story modes. So a super long multi-pov story mode could be a possibility.

Personally I just want Kokonoe to use both magic and science since I feel like her breaking her taboo on using magic would be an important character development. It also seems like she is ready to stop this shit at any cost (hence nukes) and so isn't going to get caught up in whatever made her decide not to use magic anymore in the first place.

Also interesting is how Hakumen doesn't seem to know Takamagahara is stuck dividing by 0 and thus probably can't reset things if Relius 'creates destruction'. At least I think that is what happened at the end of CS.

Remember, Tager lost all memories of his past when he was turned into the Red Devil (Tager's not even his original name, I don't think). I don't think it's been explicitly mentioned if his memory loss was due to his injuries or Kokonoe's handiwork. We've been led to assume it's the former, but there's no confirmation yet (at least not that I know of \ remember).

I think it was in the BlazBlue Material Collection artbook. There was a series of short stories from back in the CT era. In his, Kokonoe named him Tager on the spot, so for the most part I believe he was a blank slate. However if Bullet really was a part of Tager's back story I am THRILLED to hear that. Considering we know nothing personal about him just this general summary: He was a field soldier, his team went to steal Nirvana from the library. Relius did some terrible things to team (presumably in his sex dungeon). Tager drags Nirvana back to the Sector half dead and upon delivery dies shortly after.

So the idea that Bullet also escaped and may know some things makes me even more interested in her.

PS. Am I the only one who doesn't want Kokonoe to be playable because it feels it would be out of character for her?

I think it was in the BlazBlue Material Collection artbook. There was a series of short stories from back in the CT era. In his, Kokonoe named him Tager on the spot, so for the most part I believe he was a blank slate. However if Bullet really was a part of Tager's back story I am THRILLED to hear that. Considering we know nothing personal about him just this general summary: He was a field soldier, his team went to steal Nirvana from the library. Relius did some terrible things to team (presumably in his sex dungeon). Tager drags Nirvana back to the Sector half dead and upon delivery dies shortly after.

So the idea that Bullet also escaped and may know some things makes me even more interested in her.

PS. Am I the only one who doesn't want Kokonoe to be playable because it feels it would be out of character for her?

It's not out of character for her to fight because she's proven she can fight and she will if she has to.

She's decided shit's getting real and trying to use others to do her work for her like Tager and Lambda has failed so she has to get involved herself, don't see why people still insist Kokonoe can't be playable.

It's not out of character for her to fight because she's proven she can fight and she will if she has to.

She's decided shit's getting real and trying to use others to do her work for her like Tager and Lambda has failed so she has to get involved herself, don't see why people still insist Kokonoe can't be playable.

Pretty much this, there is almost no valid argument for her not to be playable. That line she drops in CP's arcade mode solidifies this TM's statement. Although as much as we want her to be playable, I feel we will be trolled again but she will be doing some serious shit this game for sure.

So really it's not a matter of viability as a fighter just timing.

A simple YES would have sufficed, you don't all have to jump down my throat about it.

I haven't seen any arcade footage involving her.

Infinite Gravity was just a spell for sealing the Black Beast away, she didn't use it on Relius :U

She just used her magic to briefly control Nirvana to attack Relius.

This is true, but it's highly possible that the spell could still be her Astral, considering it seemed to be some high level magic. And it'd probably have a different name or similar if it were designed solely to seal the Black Beast. It's just speculation though; I personally won't be heart-broken if her Astral is something else.

Also, I feel both ways about Kokonoe being playable. I believe she fits more as a behind the scenes character, but I don't think it's out of character or ill-fitting at all for her to finally jump in the fray herself and be playable. We know she's more than capable of fighting and all her other options have run out; it makes perfect sense for her to be playable like the others are saying. Though again, if she ends up non-playable still, I won't sob over it.

Also if she's stepping in, it's highly likely that she's given up on the whole 'never use magic' thing. She's a pragmatic character to not cling to some vow like that if it means Hazama and the others overpowering her, her comrades, and succeeding with their plans.

We all know Linhua is Kokonoe's next avatar!

a SoBa can dream... v.v

She DID attack Tager in CS. Girl's got potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BEh78YWR-nk

At the end.

Right before they tease Izayoi.

It clearly says "Number Zero...AND..."

Implying that a number zero will be playable in Chronophantasma?

...Who the hell can be number zero? Can't be Saya...can it..? well, if the murakumo units are all saya clones, then maybe saya is number zero.. Quite honestly, comes as a surprise to me, I really don't think Saya will be in this game but seeems like we're being teased to the contrary...I can't see what else a number zero could possibly be...

...Who the hell can be number zero? Can't be Saya...can it..? well, if the murakumo units are all saya clones, then maybe saya is number zero.. Quite honestly, comes as a surprise to me, I really don't think Saya will be in this game but seeems like we're being teased to the contrary...I can't see what else a number zero could possibly be...

"No.00" can't be Saya. Prime Field Devices have been around far longer than she has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BEh78YWR-nk

At the end.

Right before they tease Izayoi.

It clearly says "Number Zero...AND..."

Implying that a number zero will be playable in Chronophantasma?

For what Izayoi/Tsubaki say at the end looks that Izayoi is the 0 Unit. It's kinda simple to understand, Izayoi is the Murakumo prototype, so a "Unit 0" name fits it.

"No.00" can't be Saya. Prime Field Devices have been around far longer than she has.

Well, it cant be Saya, but why not Imperator? (Saya is just a vessel for something, right?)

Azrael Arcade story sub english http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH4s2FyY6Vg

Valkenhayn; Wait, Azrael beat up Rachel before the events of the game? And now I like Azrael even more.

Tager; So I am guessing that Tager had to be send after Azrael when he was locked away, huh.

Jin: Man, Azrael really does like to refer people by their titles. And I love how he responds to all the titles Jin throws at him

Ragna; I like how Azrael canbe all formar one moment and become the fight thirsty man he is at the next one.

Ending: Wait, Gain Art and Overdrive are in-universal terms? And yesm I still want that Unl. Azrael vs Unl, Ragna fight

Well, it cant be Saya, but why not Imperator? (Saya is just a vessel for something, right?)

Saya is the Imperator. Unless that's what you're getting at, her being controlled or something. That wouldn't surprise me.

Still kinda caught up on that No.00 "and" thing though.

For what Izayoi/Tsubaki say at the end looks that Izayoi is the 0 Unit. It's kinda simple to understand, Izayoi is the Murakumo prototype, so a "Unit 0" name fits it.

Pretty much this. I think the "Number 00 and..." thing was just referring to Izayoi, given how immediately after it showed her. Don't read into it too much, guys.

Tsubaki's arcade story "Never Break Your Heart" subbed!

Info:

- Tsubaki really adores the Imperator...

- Wings of Justice destroyed Bullet's mercenary group.

- The highest person in the Duodecim was revealed to be "Kagura Mutsuki"

- Hakumen buys time for Jin...

- "Imperator's whole existence is death"

- Death for Noel, Makoto and Jin (!)

---------

I'll try to finish Bang today and still have time to read for exams... Oh god, Relius what have you done to Arakune!

Awesome work, Sourenga. Really enjoyed your arcade mode and bb radio translations.

"Also mentioned but not seen is a character called "Kagura Mutsuki" (also called "Kagura the Black Knight"), an NOL colonel who's apparently staging a coup." - posted by Tokkan some pages before. Though i dont like idea that its another female (your note in video description).

Jin: "I've come to save you"

In that one moment, I forgot how much of an unlikable douche Jin was, in the full story can provide more of that I may be able to tolerate him as a character.

I think they're just fleshing out the fiction, but I wouldn't mind a Duodecium arc were it significant, but I don't see that happening any time soon as collective they're pretty "who?" in the grand scheme of things so far. Also we're just now starting to flesh out Sector 7, and things will just get sloppy if we keep broadening the focus.

Also the Bullet story keeps getting hazier; I thought she was left out of the mission, but how would 0 Squad took out her colleagues without being there and possibly an active survivor of the assault. Also even if she's tied to Tager (who I already find a very uninteresting character outside of gag bits - actually my feelings on S7 as a whole) her whole little bit just seems so random and unimportant, I really hope they have something actually interesting planned for this section.