Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BBCP Story Thread [Old]

Ragna is an artificial human? I mean I know it's implied, but has it been outright confirmed?

The official translations make it less obvious. IIRC, when Mu goes on her I'M A DOLL DOLL DOLL speech in the True End he responds that he's a doll/was artificially created as well. Some of the Setting Material Collections talk about artificial humans created using some of the Black Beast's DNA. It's quite possible that Ragna is one of these, or was created as a prime field device.

If Nu's soul was implemented into Lambda and Lambda died near the end of CS, then why is Nu still acting like her usual yandere self (still has emotions) and not just some robot like Lambda when there's no soul in there any more? If I remember correctly, the Prime Field Devices really only grew a soul after they came in contact with the Boundary. By the time they got back, they had emotions and shit. So the creators would remove their consciousness and emotions.

What I'm getting at is that the Prime Field Devices without souls are just robots so why does Nu, who now lacks a soul, still have emotions?

Some BB interviews/story information Mori did just prior to CS console release said that Lambda only has a fragment of Nu's soul. She was never whole. I didn't save the interviews, but I know p-kun translated them here...if the thread wasn't deleted or merged with another one, that is. So Nu is still able to function, she's just missing a part of herself. That or Lambda's fragment wound up back in the Boundary (provided Ragna didn't eat it or something).

That or Lambda's fragment wound up back in the Boundary (provided Ragna didn't eat it or something).

Oh man, yeah. What if Lambda is dormant in Ragna or something. Then Nu tries to do her hug.exe shit and suddenly the Lambda soulstuff jumps to Nu. Freakouts and character development proceed from there.

Some BB interviews/story information Mori did just prior to CS console release said that Lambda only has a fragment of Nu's soul. She was never whole. I didn't save the interviews, but I know p-kun translated them here...if the thread wasn't deleted or merged with another one, that is. So Nu is still able to function, she's just missing a part of herself. That or Lambda's fragment wound up back in the Boundary (provided Ragna didn't eat it or something).

That would make sense then.

Oh man, yeah. What if Lambda is dormant in Ragna or something. Then Nu tries to do her hug.exe shit and suddenly the Lambda soulstuff jumps to Nu. Freakouts and character development proceed from there.

By ate it, I meant the Azure Grimoire ate it when it absorbed her Idea Engine. But I don't think Lambda would provide much of a difference in Nu, other than possibly making her less crazy.

By ate it, I meant the Azure Grimoire ate it when it absorbed her Idea Engine. But I don't think Lambda would provide much of a difference in Nu, other than possibly making her less crazy.

Well, that's sorta the idea. I'm interested in her not just being a lunatic villain until the bitter end. She feels like she has potential to be sympathetic.

i think its all Terumi doing dont forget he tampered with her to become the ''sword of impentor'' cause she wasnt this crazy on CT or CS in a way she had a caring side kinda twisted thou all she wanted do was become one with him and spoke to him in a kind matter and on CS she said ''she will forever be by his side'' now on this one she crazed out to stay with him by killing each other i dont tink Nu would want Ragna to stay with her so they can kill each other she wants to be with him not kill him her mind is in the same states as MU was in CS and their no way in hell i can see the Original Nu team up with Terumi casue she hate everyone except Ragna she wouldnt do that unless her mind was tampered in some way

you never know Terumi might have saw the change in Nu personality and her being and though that asword of the impentor doesnt need these kinda of emotions she need to be ruthless and crave for slaughter and destruction

Oh man, yeah. What if Lambda is dormant in Ragna or something. Then Nu tries to do her hug.exe shit and suddenly the Lambda soulstuff jumps to Nu.

kinky 3-way?

Didn't terumi say he transferred the soul back to nu (or explain how it happened) at that scene at the end where he's looking down into the cauldron?

kinky 3-way?

Didn't terumi say he transferred the soul back to nu (or explain how it happened) at that scene at the end where he's looking down into the cauldron?

He just said that she was reconstructing her body through force of will. Personally I just assumed that after Lambda's body died, Nu's soul went back into the Cauldron and started reforming her body.

I thought she had a lifelink with Ragna. Can't die until he does. And vice versa. So I guess that means she can just come back like she did.

Don't forget the reason she was unstoppable in CT, wasn't necessarily that she was stronger. Jin and Ragna would beat her over and over, but she would just keep reviving until she won.

She heals like Ragna, and initally they would both heal because as long as the other one was ok the other couldn't die. However this didn't apply to hakumen due to his sword/suit/manliness, who could kill either nu13 or ragna even if the other was alive. However nu13 dealt more damage than ragna could, which is why he kept "losing" to her over and over.

I think the term is "life link"?

Yeah. Judging by Relius's arcade mode, one person can die, but if the other half of the link does not die as well then the person will eventually revive. It's how Hazama came back after Ignis killed him, and likely how Nu came back. Hakumen was probably just banking on trying to kill Ragna and Nu before the other could revive.

How is it formed? I don't know. Goddammit, BB.

Hakumen's sword somehow stops people from healing. It manages to cut Arakune in a way that others can't and the same with Ragna.

Yeah, it nullifies ars magus (for a short period of time anyway, given that Ragna didn't die after fighting him). It seems like he can even do a good number on Rachel if he really wants to. Still, if he killed Ragna and left Nu alone Ragna would probably revive. Eventually.

What I want to know is how the hell Relius and Terumi plan to get Amaterasu out of the Boundary. If they end up using a lure like in myth, who's gonna be the draw?

Was it ever explained what exactly they meant by "observing and observers?". I saw that shit brought up a lot during CS's story but I don't remember it being explained.

Was it ever explained what exactly they meant by "observing and observers?". I saw that shit brought up a lot during CS's story but I don't remember it being explained.

It's quantum meta-physics mumbo jumbo.

In theoretical quantum mechanics, things only exist if they have been observed. It works to same way in BB, observing is to make something exist.

I honestly can't remember if it's clearly explained but you have to think of it like Schroedinger's cat, especially for creatures like Terumi and Hakumen. After their ordeal in the Boundary, Terumi and Hakumen have a difficult time remaining in this world without someone observing them. They are Schroedinger's cats. They need someone else to observe them to confirm their existence, otherwise they would fade back into the Boundary. (An eye cannot observe itself, so this is why Terumi can't observe himself.) This is the big deal Takamagahara makes about observing Terumi. They think that they can maintain a hold on him because there is no one else willing to observe him--or at least, they didn't realize he would be willing to wake up the Imperator. Terumi can also temporarily use Ragna's hatred of him, but it probably wouldn't work for very long. I think they're called external factors but it's been so damn long I don't remember anymore, and Rachel is called an external factor too and she doesn't seem to need an observer.

An observer can view events (Noel), create distortions (Amaterasu), and observe various possibilities of the continuum shift (Terumi, Takamagahara). Terumi calls it the power of a god, and that anything an Eye (an observer) observes is made real. The Azure confers powers of ultimate observation.

edit: but yes quantum mechanics sums it up very well, much neater than anything i can explain. goddammit bb, etc etc.

You should play the game 999 and its sequel for DS and 3DS. It's pretty big on that kind of stuff. Just goes on and on about it. Schroedingers cat and that kind of stuff, that is.

Basically the whole idea of "if a tree falls in a forest and there's nobody there to hear it, does it make a sound."

Just to expand on the concept a bit, in classic quantum, an object doesn't "not exist" if it's not observed.

It merely simultaneously exists in all possible states at once, within a probability boundary. The act of observing it supposedly collapses this "probability cloud" into a single, definite point, which is what we see. (There's alternative theories such as the many-worlds interpretation, which I personally find more intuitive, but I'll put that aside for now).

As for how this relates to BB, in CS they were probably going for how the endless possibilities are the potential states of the world, and each "observation" by the observers collapsed it into one of the possible turn of events that occurred. I'm guessing that this means without an observer, Hakumen returns to just being a scattered set of possibilities within the Boundary...or something. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this anymore >w>

Yeah, let's not hurt our heads with this scientific mumbo-jumbo lol. I'm just gonna put it in the simple "Terumi is bound to this world because of Takamagahara and Hakumen is bound to this world because of Rachel (previously because of Kokonoe), they are individuals who were sealed within the Boundary for a set period of time and are not meant to exist without intervention from Godlike entities".

Just to expand on the concept a bit, in classic quantum, an object doesn't "not exist" if it's not observed.

It merely simultaneously exists in all possible states at once, within a probability boundary. The act of observing it supposedly collapses this "probability cloud" into a single, definite point, which is what we see. (There's alternative theories such as the many-worlds interpretation, which I personally find more intuitive, but I'll put that aside for now).

As for how this relates to BB, in CS they were probably going for how the endless possibilities are the potential states of the world, and each "observation" by the observers collapsed it into one of the possible turn of events that occurred. I'm guessing that this means without an observer, Hakumen returns to just being a scattered set of possibilities within the Boundary...or something. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this anymore >w>

JUST ONE OF THE MANY POSSIBILITIES...

...OF THE CONTINUUM SHIFT