Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BBCP Story Thread [Old]

I'm surprised that Bang was an even match for all those characters he encountered during his story mode. Specially the fact that he was able to stand his ground against Azrael. Let's keep in mind that he's fighting all these people with his bare hands and not with the aid of Rettenjou (other than his new super in OD lol).

Bang doesn't need any logic because he's Bang.

What I'm surprised is that the universe didn't implode in itself when he fought Azreal.

Honestly, I think the most badass and respectable thing that Bang has done so far is run from Terumi, saving... Tao and Carl in the process I think? That was legit cool of him. And funny how it even surprised Terumi.

Oh and he acts more reasonably toward Jin now too, which is nice.

About all that Observer shit: I thought "The Eye" was something special, beyond just an observer. An observer is just somebody who helps some other poor "boundary-afflicted" bastard not collapse into a fine mist. The Eye, on the other hand, is a particularly important entity that can flat-out determine the "true" course of events, out of all the overall probabilities. Basically, an observer for the whole world.

Pretty sure Noel is The Eye.

Also yeah it'd be nice if they'd just sit down and explain this shit at one point, instead of the characters just going on about it like we should know already. Or talking as cryptically as possible. It really kinda kills the drama when it seems like something important is happening, but you don't entirely know what or why.

The scene that always comes to mind is at the end of CT, where Hazama is all like "LOOK AT ME!" at Noel. Cuz apparently he needed her special Eye power to confirm himself into existence more properly, or something. And it's triggered when she even so much as looks at something. That scene would have probably been really cool and dramatic if I knew ANY FUCKING THING ABOUT ANY OF THOSE PLOT POINTS AT THAT TIME. Which I didn't. And I don't think it was my fault.

Conceptually, BB has a pretty cool story I think. It's execution and narrative, on the other hand...

Yes you're right, the Eye is not the same thing as a relatively normal observer. Noel is stated to be the "true/new successor of the Azure," "the Eye," "the Eyes of Amaterasu," "the new Eye," "the Eyes of the Azure," etc etc. She's supposed to have god tier observation powers.

What Terumi was doing was trying to form a lifelink with Noel. How that worked just from her having him observe him once, I don't know.

Yes you're right, the Eye is not the same thing as a relatively normal observer. Noel is stated to be the "true/new successor of the Azure," "the Eye," "the Eyes of Amaterasu," "the new Eye," "the Eyes of the Azure," etc etc. She's supposed to have god tier observation powers.

What Terumi was doing was trying to form a lifelink with Noel. How that worked just from her having him observe him once, I don't know.

Oh.

Yeah, lifelinks are complete bullshit of the highest order. Unlike the rest of the crap in the story there's not even a SEMBLANCE of an explanation of them. They're just there suddenly, for no reason.

Truth be told, I'm not completely sure if that was what Noel was doing but I have no idea what else she could be doing, or why else Rachel would be so worried.

Lifelinks have been in the cards since the beginning but they are indeed stupid. How is a lifelink formed? What exactly is it, besides a mysterious connection that keeps a character from dying unless the person they've linked to dies at the same time? However this being BB I know these questions will never be answered because this is a game with a convoluted and senseless plot and mechanics.

He was just a disembodied ghost lurking in Rachel's bushes and trolling as Hazama until Noel "activated" him it seems.

My take on the how Noel and Hazama established a lifelink is this: when Noel broke the timeloop and became the Eye as a result of being the calamity trigger or whatnot (see: CT Reconstruction. Terumi called her that), he used the opportunity to have her "observe" him. Because of that, she acknowledged his "existence" and a lifelink was formed between the two of them. It's the same with Rachel being Hakumen's observer, but even though they don't share a lifelink with each other, I'm going to go on a limb and say that because Noel's observer powers are god tier, the lifelink thing ended up happening anyway as a result.

What I'm surprised is that the universe didn't implode in itself when he fought Azreal.

That's actually the first part of it. The second part is to have Ultimate Bang and Patriot Apocalypse clash with eachother. Or atleast let Azrael punch Rettenjo to activate Kushinada's Lynchpin.

Problem there is that doesn't explain why Ragna and Nu had a lifelink.

Yup... that was the idea I had for Hazama and Noel, but for Ragna and Nu? No clue. Something Azure-related? Gah. :X There's still a ton of shit we really don't know, so I hope story mode will explain it a little better.

Problem there is that doesn't explain why Ragna and Nu had a lifelink.

That's part of my frustration with the whole thing. The two situations are so dissimilar. Unless they had one because of the Azure Grimoire.

Re Bang and Azrael: For all of Azrael's bloodlust, at least he leaves his victims alive and whole. Either he got bored and left, or was impressed by Bang's passion (if not his physical strength) and...got bored and left.

See this is why I try not to comprehend Blazblue's story, because it makes my head hurt, I just sit back and enjoy the wonderful characters and English voice acting.

Sourenga youtube channel is gone :(

Yep, and it also looks like related channels are being targeted as well. I did recall two channels whom had recorded streams and their channels were indefinitely terminated as well. Looks like Arc Cops really don't want a whole lot of information being released to the public without their consent.

Ok, I just read through the entire thread. I was gonna ask about the arcade paths but now that I see that they're all gone except Azrael's untranslated one, so I'll ask this: Do any text translations exist for them other than Ragna's? Or even better, is there an archive of the videos that I can download or unlisted versions on YT that haven't been taken down?

Also, a request: If we get those translations and stuff, can we post them on the OP of this thread? I actually went through the thread and a lot of the beginning was uh...non-informative.

If none of the above is possible, then I just want to know what happens in Amane's or Carl's arcade modes, if anyone can summarize that please :P

I'm...

I'm just gonna wait for the game to come out here. Heck, I only really care about what happens in actual story mode anyway.

that really suck about his channel being gone I don't think it was Arc more so fans who didn't like it being translations and I didn't see nothing wrong with it he not given too much of the story away,I'm still at a lost on it any way.

Question...

When exactly did Hakumen get his Nox Nyctores (Ookami)? Was he fighting barehanded up until he met Nine or was the Nox a complimentary gift with his suit of armor? lol

Weeeeeell... that's a really good question considering Nine herself created the Sword, and Hakumen came first :v:

But who knows, maybe Dark Susanooh had it first.

Question...

When exactly did Hakumen get his Nox Nyctores (Ookami)? Was he fighting barehanded up until he met Nine or was the Nox a complimentary gift with his suit of armor? lol

Wouldn't he still just have Yukianesa?

Wait a minute...

If the Jin that goes back in time still has Yukianesa when he puts on the Susanoo unit, wouldn't that be weird cause that means he has tech that doesn't exist in the time frame he is dropped into.

Also when did Terumi abandon the Susanoo unit?