Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke Critique and Self-Improvement Thread

Alright, I don't feel like I'm at the level where I should be critiquing, but apparently the Yosuke forums are pretty dead, and/or better players than I refuse to comment. Here goes. Sorry for the wait.

Let me say first that I feel like you're playing the matchup a little wrong. Imo, Yosuke should try the Chie matchup like a faster, harder Akihiko; both characters can't move around and control the screen like Yosuke can, but Chie has the speed to catch him compared to Aki. Similarly, neither character can force Yosuke to sit still until they get a knockdown or they're in Awakening with 50 meter. The rounds you lost, I feel like you were fighting Colpevole in his ideal range, and the one you won, you were forcing him to approach you a little more.

0:41, you messed up the throw OMC combo by adding a 5C on a non-CH, and I feel like it probably cost you the round, especially since you effectively cornered yourself. I also feel like you could have Burst, either OMB on the throw or blue burst when the vortex started, and taken that round. You certainly had the resources to run it back and take that last 20~% health from Chie.

1:45, Why that sweep? Maybe you know something I don't, but it doesn't seem worth it to sweep Chie very often at neutral, since I don't think you can low-profile anything but 5A?

2:20, airturn glide 5D probably would have given you enough time to block that IAD approach, or maybe even antiair.

Around 2:45 or so, you were on the cusp of Awakening, one Persona card left, 70~ seconds on the clock. Given the situation, I think it might have been better to sacrifice Jiraiya to get in a FA or two, hit Awakening, then run away while you got your cards back. You would have had 100+ meter and your Burst to put out big damage if you got the opportunity, plus the Awakening damage reduction (for what good that does against Chie :arg: ).

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I can provide better advice. You both played very well, so I don't have very much criticism I can give.

I can pretty much sum it up as that, thank you, Outlaw. XD

Now if I can add in my own critiques, you probably should have played a bit more aggressively. I mean, you only have 8300 life, just go wild and get in some wacky mixups or something. I see you play a bit too passively and it kinda bothers me.

00:16, that was actually a pretty dandy pick up there. It seemed kinda cool so I highlighted it

00:21 - 00:40, those were some pretty effective strings and oki, making the opponent stay in the corner like that is exciting. Special props to backdashing the roll in order to catch it

00:41, Ok, you could hold forward after the OMC, or rapid (again, BlazBlue talking), and then just 2C in order for the combo to actually work. Believe me, I know how tight the timing is when you add 5C.

01:45, Why, oh why, oh dear god WHY did you sweep in neutral? It just kinda feels stupid to do that against Chie. Mitsuru is a different story, but do NOT sweep in neutral vs Chie. That is just begging you to get killed by Chie.

02:20, I agree with Outlaw on this, airturn glide JD would have given you more time to react appropriately to Chie's Kix cereal attacks.

And again, at 02:45, Outlaw sums it up best, and I'm gonna hammer down this point right now. SUKUKAJA, SUKUKAJA, INSTALL! Trust me, a Yosuke who learns how to install is probably A.) One of THE most annoying opponents in the game, B.) Gives extreme pressure, mixups, and a special cancellable J2C/D, C.) You get some of the fastest normals in the game, and you can go zippy pow zoom zoom boom across the screen like driving a Redbull X2011 down a goddamn autobahn, and D.) The combo's give you time to set up JD as air tech pressure and the combo's are flashy as hell *O*

FINARU SUMMARY TYPE BULLSHIT THINGY WHATEVER-MAJIG THE SEQUEL PART THREE ACT FOUR!!: You were playing good for the most part, especially that godlike pressure in the first round, Oh My God that was amazing. However, you made a few slip ups like the throw combo and probably the error that irritated me to no end, SWEEPING in neutral vs Chie.... Man, that just annoyed the hell out of me. But just build upon what you did right, play a bit more aggressively and keep yourself hyper, happy, and where the fuck am I going with this sentence again? O.O

Well, I apologize for sounding harsh in the critique, but I just couldn't help but get a little miffed at some of the more "questionable" maneuvers you did. You know I love everyone here lots <3.

Sincerely,

GreekAngel :ballYO:

Why the fuck did I type this as a letter? O.O and god dammit, people stealing my Jinsuke colors! They be mine! And Good!

lol well thanks for the input, fellow yosuke's. I know i did some questionable moves. i don't normally run up and sweep chie.

the OMC moonsault corner combo, i've never done it like that before so yea, that's probably why it dropped.

i just planned on playing a little safer, thanks. Now i know i have to start using sukukaja more.

it would be cool if i could see a match where you guys show me how YOU use sukukaja :D

i just kinda lazily glanced though it so don't expect a long letter lol, but one thing I did notice is sometimes you dropped damage and just let her go because you were too committed to what you were gonna do in mixup that you didn't actually confirm the hit into damage. Also I know this is kinda hard to do but try getting more familar with Chie oki and blocking her in general, if your not confident in yourself spend resources earlier to get out. You didnt do bad in neutral but you let her live longer than she should have and then you just died in the blender.

how is that a bad idea? i just posted it in here because this was thread people last posted in. i know the idea doesn't belong in this section but it would still be fun. why would everyone be mad?

I dunno, its just I hate the Yosuke Mirror matchup. It always looks like running around in circles flailing trying to catch the other dude and it makes me feel really retarded even if I win.

that match-up is pretty fun imo. The speed factor makes it exciting & 9 times outta 10 if you play another decent yosuke, win or lose, you can pick up a thing or two from them.

it would be nice if all the yosuke players could be in a lobby. Like the 1 More Sukukaja fest =D

Best idea ever. But I wish we all had the same system to just Yosuke around in.

Best idea ever. But I wish we all had the same system to just Yosuke around in.

i have a ps3, i just wish they had better controllers lol. but yea, it's too bad we don't have the same system

Everyone on the yosuke forums is east coast also right? Besides Guymam?

i'm on the east coast. i know it's some good hanamura players in the midwest too

Don't know how active this thread is but I'll post a video anyways. I'm by no means good, I drop some combos (I blame netplay on some), and do scrubby things. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gphWkn3sduk

The replay isnt really the lastest. I got better at confirming midscreen combos. And I added a little more to the fatal combo. But thats about it

First off hi y'all. I've been lurking awhile but finally made an account. :v:

Even tho i know the game's been out awhile and this forum's a bit dead. Maybe i shoulda waited for P4C to come out.:vbang:

So anyway, i started playing this game last month and am a bit addicted now. I pop it in whenever I'm bored. I'm only any good with a single character tho (bet you can't guess who lol).

I'm slowly getting better but some advice would be nice. Dun worry about telling me how much i suck i got thick skin. I think. >.> Also go ahead and laugh at my terrible attempts at gliding (those are all those random j.2Bs and j.2Cs lol)