Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

St1ckBuG

Summer Jam 6 P4U/BB/GG Results and Shoutouts

Canada: You're godlike. Except Yucorp for taking my monies =o PS Linear I love you have my babies

St1ckBug: DA GAWD

Big E: Good shit as always, sir. Gotta learn that Alan matchup though!

LK: Good luck in Japan, have fun.

SKD: Stay gettin bodied by bus matchup. Also gibe moni pls

Ops: are we forever destined to clash in tourney ;_;

Axis: ... Too powerful. I wasn't ready.

Lich: It's only a matter of time. Good job on placing high.

Rei: :( <3

Troll Badguy: You've gotten better dude. Keep playing!

Special shoutouts to X-Factor... I still have no idea what's in it.

Ok I'm getting lazy now so I'll just say good shit to everyone who came out, you're all awesome <3

Great tournament, great experience

Shoutouts!

SKD- P4U CHAMP! Great job in tournament and fun times in casuals. Looks like we both need to revisit our long lost BB

LK- Thx for admitting MB is the best FG. Also Mitsuru is a dummy. Have fun in Japan!

Lan- You avenged meee! Too bad we got peed on for playing Yukiko. It was big fun playing Yukiko mirrors and exchanging tech all weekend! MB was godlike at the end too! Thanks for being so cool

Bill- We didn't get to play MB!! =( Good shit in tournament and teams for P4U. See you at NEC!

MadScientist- you are SO godlike. Good shit beating Chris G in mirrors. We gotta play MB/P4U at NEC yo

ZomB- meteorsssssssss

Kirbster- Great seeing you again! Good job repping Rachel where I could not

Brice- Don't give up on P4U!

Lich- Nice Kanji and nice job in BB. I need to learn what those other Rachels are doing against your Haz

TD- You're still the best haha. GGs

Taek- Good shit coming out and placing top 8 at your first major man! Hope to see you at NEC too (and that Boston major?)

St1ckbug- Godlike setup as usual, thanks for all your hard work! Good shit coming up with the hype snapping idea

Random Chie guy- Thank you for happening

Jimmy- We didn't play anythinggg! Good seeing you though

Komidol- GGs in Melty

Generic- Good luck in Poland!

Rei- That song was amazing. Fun match in singles

Butters- Ahhh you cross slashed me into losers! GG

Peanut Feaver- Good Yukiko!

Robert- Stay gdlk at DPs

GGs to all I played in everything!

Shout outs to everyone I fucking met, including all you guys from the interwebs that I've known since early CT like Jourdal and OmniSScythe. All my relatively new interweb friends like SKD and Cirno, and everyone I met at the tourney for the first time like Lord Knight who I BET MONEY I would despise but turns out he was cool as fuck.

Sorry, too many people to shout out. If you met me and I didn't beat you up then you're cool. Thanks stickbutt an big e for one of the most well run tournies of 2012.

Oh man, great weekend overall, setup was gdlk, even with the room size, canada showing up with more than half of the setups in the entire room for P4/BB.

If I had any regrets, it would only be 4 things,

-Not getting unsanctifier and deadliestxXx to come with us

-Sleeping during both CAN vs USA 10v10 and Yakitori boys........

-Not meeting as many of you as I should have (I really did wish we had a DL mod photo)

-Not getting as drunk as I should have

I was that guy who had an SRK team tech talk shirt with my name written on the back. (apparently i looked like a major creeper according to axis)

Shoutouts to

st1ckbug - man you had the most gdlk and thought out stream setup in the entire venue

big e for doing this entire thing for the community and telling me stories about how some members on the marvel community think CRT's lag

SKD for being really anime and not giving fucks about winning more sticks

Omni for being gdlk and dropping combos that he ate right after

Commentary and realizing only after the fact that they had a case behind them the entire time.....

Bracket organizers for doing a completely smooth job of running shit on time unlike some games (cough*marvel*cough)

Circ for being there and finally seeing you in person

Cirno for getting in there with me and Comiket 82 touhou remixes

Psyken for not getting mad at me for taking out his battery and losing a piece of his pad, only to find it last minute right before his pools start

DC - enjoy your new copy of KOF13 i won in raffle

Axis for being the person i thought he was and not taking offense to my racist jokes, (enjoy your free stick and room for sunday night courtesy of da1truRaffleGawd mr.mortified)

AirMaster - Thanks for helping me keep the dream alive even though I gave up hope when we couldn't connect 1 PS3 to the net for legit 2v2 gundam

All of MTL being so gdlk and having bottles everywhere. (Kirbster, i need you to post that picture of brice somewhere)

Waterloo for coming in the invasion and showing up big in SG

P4A singles top 8 and grand finals for having broken the room capacity by 3 times (max capacity of that room was 28)

Canadian invasion force - Top 8 P4A, Top 16 marvel, 5 of the Top 8 in BB, #1 in GG (potemkin da gateway chara~), Top 8 in SG

Raffles - What are the odds that 2 consecutive tickets win?

Food Network for secretly being a gambling show

Fried chicken for fueling the entire event

All you guys for coming out and not stealing any of my/MTL's shit

There are most likely a lot more i need to shout out to but these come to mind for now

Random Chie guy- Thank you for happening

If only I happened in P4A singles...

Also they spelt my name wrong in the results, it's Ryan Ken, not Ryun Ken!

I guess I'll do this shout out thingy, shout outs to:

Psyken for being a super cool guy

Omni for putting me in my place in casuals after the 10v10(and in teams too iirc) and doing 100% combos on stream and never dropping anything

Bill 307 for carrying me in P4A teams

SKD for winning P4A with his insane narukami

Everyone who played guilty gear because it's an awesome game

Madscientist for driving waterloo to/from the airport

CANADAAAAAAA

walking along the highway after our taxi didn't show up to take us back to the hotel when we went to get food

Now I'm gonna go learn real combos for next time I visit USA so I don't seem so fraudulent...

edit: I forgot about marlinpie, you're my favourite USA player now :D

Shoutouts~

Big E for hosting

Alan for all the hard work and running a great stream setup. Getting hype by the stream in top 8 was awesome. Everyone that helped run the brackets and called matches, good job! I tried to help out around as much as I could without being a bother.

DC and Sogos great commentary and cool people. (Unban sogos aaa)

Meeting players I knew from online like Xntrikcat and Psyken..I like how I knew it was you from the color you picked!

Everyone I played casuals with all weekend

Canada for coming down. Indeed next time we will hang out more for sure.

Her_Omen for coming out!

SKD grats on winning, stop getting sick though!

Alz good stuff in GG and hopefully next time we wont have to play each other again until top 8 #Conspiracy

Omni for bringing the hype

Jourdal for being a chill dude as always

Rare sighting of Danny after like 2 years!

LK Good luck in Japan!!

All the OPS NY scene that came out

Thanks everyone that complimented my stick!

I know I'm forgetting a bunch! Too many things happened! See you guys at NEC~

I forgot an extremely important shoutout to my awesome (ex) bang mod, DaiAndOh !! You worked so hard, got people so hype. Thanks man. And thank you for backing me up !

Had a lot of fun this weekend, it was great. Met a lot of people, GGs to those I played. Apologies to those I got fraudulent wins on, I'll step it up next time so I'll earn them... Melty and GG too much fun, I'll practice them up a bit for next time.

Shoutouts to Kaeru for taking care of the car rental and allowing half of the mtl invasion to come.

Shoutouts to waterloo for being better than montreal at p4u. we gotta step it up.

Shoutouts to st1ckbug for not only the event and being godlike, but wow that announcement... also "alright gg top 8 is (...) and marlinpie..." during my match vs him to qualify.

Shoutouts to yucorp, you inspire me.

Shoutouts to circuitous, you play your potemkin so smart.

Shoutouts to xntrikat, we'll need to unrust and play each other next time :)

Shoutouts to kirbster giving me food whenever I needed it.

shoutouts to DPs, may, mitusuru, scumbag outdated GPS, chicked fried rice, Tank!, modern space cowboy, Mu, and level5 making people mad.

apologies to danny (I think? the shadow labrys) for that thing.

I'll do my best to make it to NEC, see you all there!

Fucking awesome weekend, I think it's the most fun I've had at a major so far! My turn :

Shoutouts to St1ckbug for, like always, godlike organisation. Sometimes I really wonder what the anime community would do without you.

Shoutouts to DC for dat MTL style epic meal time cosplay

Shoutouts to Sogos for feeding me tasty chicken hearts when I was about to pass out from hunger

Shoutouts to AXIS for being as cheerful and loud as always, and dodging my Rachel

Shoutouts to Lich for being super fucking chill, as well as having the scariest Hazama I've ever fought... do you ever drop combos?? Good shit in P4A as well

Shoutouts to Jonah SKD for taking P4A like a fucking boss and providing some hype as hell finals. Next time let's fight at full power each in BB!

Shoutouts to LK for being consistently gdlk, #fucklitchi

Shoutouts to TD for showing up on Sunday, it was great to finally meet my Rachel idol from 2 years. You were as good as I expected, now I feel bad for choosing to stick with stable combos for the tourney since I didn't practice BB for like over a month ._.

Shoutouts to LordPangTong, was great seeing you again... let's get some games in next time!

Shoutouts to Superscience, we didn't get to play either unfortunately... see you at NEC!

Shoutouts to Butters and Alzarath for knocking me out of P4A Pool 1... strong play from both of you, even though your characters are bullshittttttt

even though I play Chie lolol

Shoutouts to Jourdal for threatening to kill me just because I'm the #1 Kaqn fan on earth :)

Shoutouts to my Toronto brothers... Yucorp, youdabes seriously. Diobrando, my half viet brother forever, I had tons of fun drinking with you. Roldy-ojou-sama for being classy as always, and the only Toronto guy I fought in BB... aside from Linear, who gave me a run for my money in top 8 lol... seriously man, if you put a bit more effort in you'd be super gdlk I think. Everyone else as well, it was great chilling with you again, though next time we need to really get smashed together

Last but not least, shoutouts to my MTL brothers as well... way to rep Montreal Tamashii with 4 guys in top 5 lol. Special mention to Nedel for placing 3rd in your first American major and Level5 for pissing off soooo many Americans lmao

Shoutouts to 90$ worth of beer

Shoutouts to China King

Shoutouts to Tequila and Heineken

Shoutouts to #esports

Shoutouts to everyone else I met. I hope to see all of you at NEC in December, as well as MAD2 in April. We promise you a great time... when you party with MTL, this is how you will end up :)

Late shoutouts are late as usual…

Shoutouts to St1ckBuG for being the best. period.

Shoutouts to Big E for the gdlk tournaments as always

Shoutouts to LK for taking BB. let’s actually play games next time. JAPAN. read fucked up doujinz for me XD

Shoutouts to SKD for P4U. i wanna play you more than 1 game in the 10v10

Shoutouts to Lich for being so awesome. we’ll play more next time.

Shoutouts to Circuitous. you are gdlk. i need more mirror matches.

Shoutouts to the guy who brought that Kraken bottle. you sir are getting covered in Quebec’s finest beer at NEC.

Shoutouts to Jourdal. DA GAWD. forever admiring you.

Shoutouts to Brandino. i need more order sol experience plz. we didn’t read NTR together with AXIS :(

Shoutouts to AXIS for that fraudulent raffle. you showed em how it’s done. good shit.

Shoutouts to xntrikcat you played nearly everyone from montreal except me and i wanted to play :P see you at NEC.

Shoutouts to LordPangTong. you are a weeaboo with a shimapan stick don’t deny it :3

Shoutouts to Alzarath for the awesome Guilty exposure. teach me the match up good sir.

Shoutouts to Amadeous. i didn’t buster your waifu. i wanted to though. NEC is too hype right now.

Shoutouts to Superscience. finally got my revenge from ECT last year. also got revenge for my bros at NEC. i wanna make love to your stick, no homo.

Shoutouts to DaiAndOh for all the work you’re putting in the tournaments. thanks.

Shoutouts to TD for that gdlk Rachel. next time i won’t be hungover and i’ll show you that tager is not free to rachel. gotta make kirbster proud lol.

Shoutouts to DC. you sir are too good. come to MTL. you won’t wanna leave :P

Shoutouts to Sogos. why are you so fun? i don’t know why but unban sogos i guess…

Shoutouts to Toronto.

Shoutouts to Yucorp. no shame = money. gotta come back for NEC to defend your title. and actually drink with us :D

Shoutouts to Roldy hime. i want to play. :D

Shoutouts to Magus. old man status acquired :thumbu:

Shoutouts to Linear04. When you don’t play the game you get top 8. Stop playing everything, become gdlk at everything.

Shoutouts to DioBrando. you sir are too polite. i like it.

Shoutouts to everyone from Canada who came to SJ. invasion force go.

Shoutouts to cancelling christmas again this year :3

Shoutouts to drunk gaming.

Shoutouts to getting 4th in BB and 5th in GG. orz no money no bling.

Shoutouts at doing Shoutouts at 8am in class

special shoutouts to the mtl invasion force. kirbster i hate you have my babies. nedel i want yours. pochp so good at p4u teach me how to fraud plox. kaeru make world peace already :D.thanks for the car rental and the driving. level 5 don't change make them rage at your playstyle. Greenix you gotta come back for NEC car ride with you was too good. AirMaster will eventually get his gundam working. Bibiquadium, thanks for the computer and the phone. watching beat angel escalayer with St1ckBuG, priceless. and he knows the series too, too gdlk.

I missed someone and i’m sorry. i love you all. i’ll hold the hype for NEC but it will be hard.

No seriously are there any black people in Montreal?

Stickbug told me there is apparently some ballin' tournament in Canada (not sure which providence). I forget the name, but it wasn't Toryuken. I'll ask him what the name was because I am actually interested in visiting! We'll see what happens.

Stickbug told me there is apparently some ballin' tournament in Canada (not sure which providence). I forget the name, but it wasn't Toryuken. I'll ask him what the name was because I am actually interested in visiting! We'll see what happens.

Montreal Air Dashers might be the tourney you thinking of.

province but i like providence better

also mad, basically because its inside a bar so you can play beerblue in tourney

BladeOfJustice and Nini Heart.

And yeah, the tourney Stickbug is talking about is probably Montreal Air Dashers (MAD). Pretty sure no one gives a shit about Toronto's tourneys, lol.

Yooooo Montreal cares about toronto tournaments !! Just not the ones where the community leaders are absent for so they can go to korea and look at k-pop idols.

Also the Montreal tournament to-go-to is definitely MAD, as Roldy said, Montreal Air Dashers. NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH the street fighter Montreal tournament which is MAT (Montreal Annual Tournament).

At MAD, there are pretty much only anime games, so we don't have street fighter or marvel to distract people with flashy 3D effects. :3

Black people in Montreal? Vice-Taicho (incredible Litchi), H-man (upcoming carl champ), Blade of Justice (the white void), Nini "i don't own a console" Heart (top player), Jimmy Bones (personaaaa), and im forgetting some... Come to MAD to fight'em ! Theyre godlike !

province but i like providence better

AMERICA

When is the next Montreal Air Dashers? Tell me in super advance.

shoutouts to Real American Cashy

MTL crew being dabes at everything

haven't won a single match in Mahvel

everyone i played in GG, P4, BB

Outback

Ruby Tuesday

TGI Friday's

China King

Whoever I didn't mention Love u all

Sorry for being really anti-social at this tournament. A combination of the anime room being stupidly crowded + not doing as well as I wanted in both P4A and BB + boyfriend unexpectedly being sick and then getting me sick really mellowed me out. I plan on coming back for NEC so, I look forward to seeing y'all again!