Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eric

NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP (NEC XIII) Dec 1st & 2nd -- IN PHILADELPHIA PA -- The Family Reunion.

Thank you everyone! My personalized shoutouts list would be 8 pages long, so I'll keep it brief. Everyone I got to spend time with, be introduced to or even just play with:

You guys are all the reason I spend way too much time of my life pushing or thinking about pushing buttons. All the FGC personalities, from quiet to way too loud all coming together at NEC was unforgettable. From drawing jB on ApologyMan's head in sharpie, to Souji's godlike troll smile at Yakitori Boy, to 2500 yen unlimited money matches, to losing 3 times in a tournament I didn't enter in and BODYING the cinnamon challenge, and everything in between, this event was amazing. Thank you to everyone who introduced themselves to me or I was able to meet through other means, I hope to see you all again soon!

EDIT: Almost forgot follow me @Dacidbro 2 get all da updates

Forgot one last thing, Huge shoutouts to those who play Dota 2 amongst you guys. That 15-20 minutes discussion I had with one of the players I don't recall the name of was really chill.

If you wanna play some games together, hit me up in PM because I am down to play with any of you.

Shoutouts to Big E, DaiAndOh, Stickbug, and whoever else ran this tournament. Shit was godlike.

Shoutouts again to DaiAndOh for being one of the nicest TOs I've ever met.

Shoutouts to all of the GG matches I played on Saturday and everybody I met. I need to go to tournaments more often.

Shoutouts to half of New England being in the same pool. Something something, Mindgam3 New England Slayer pun.

Shoutouts to Chaos Breakers. What the fuck did I play?

Shoutouts to Nazgul and Genstov for letting me room with you guys. It was...an experience.

Shoutouts to all of the poverty fighters I saw. Those games are godlike.

Shoutouts to Canada. You guys are awesome.

Shoutouts to Mitsuwa. Mmmmmmm, Taiyaki.

Shoutouts to losing my CD case and iPod in Philly. That's $200 I can't afford. -_-

Tournament was godlike, even if it started late as hell. Every year, I keep thinking that I should just save up my money, but every year NEC proves to be worth it. The GG community is just wonderful. See you all next year.

NEC was da gawd, and all thanks to the dedication and strength of Stickbug and Daiandoh.

Shoutouts to

TEXAS:

Faulty Defense: It was great seeing you again and it was really nice to get casuals with you man. Venom is like my worst matchup but was more than hype to work it out.

Robot: Your a really cool guy and it was really unfortunate that I only got to talk with you at the end of the tourney. I really wished we could have had casuals but.....yeah next time. I would love to play the self proclaimed Best Sol in America, that would have been nice to fight.

Florida:

Senkei: Thanks for sharing the ugliest match I have ever played on stream ever. Congratulations to you but I would have really liked to play you more besides that one match honestly.

Qwerty: Your waayyyyyy better than I thought you would be honestly. Your the best Johnny player I have ever faced honestly, and that MM was crazy. It was also part of the reason I decided to switch to stick now for GG, too many issues with pad with this re-release. Wish we could have played more and chilled more honestly.

West Coast:

Shtkn: Nice seeing you after so long but unfortunately not for long enough.

Spirit Jake: Finally got to meet you, you're almost a bigger troll than we are in the East Coast. We should got some casuals in something so I could body you and make fun of you later but.....sadly to no avail. Hope you come back for another tourney, hopefully not too long from now.

Amadeous: Thanks so much for letting me borrow your pad for so long. Your a fucking trooper for that, and I do wish we got to play more. Also you obviously have my pad now so have fun.

Vyers: Fun playing you as always.

Nazgul: I want my MM, we will settle this next time.

Sir Circuitous: Your fucking hilarious.

Kaeru: Your so pleasant it only fits you to be called canadian Jesus.

If I forgot you sorry, but I kinda rushed for sleep. Thank you guys for the experience and hope I see you guys again.

This was one of the greatest tournaments I've ever attended. Hype levels were on par with NECX. Instead of giving 100 different shoutouts, I'll just do a few! Shoutouts to: Alan, and all other people on the staff. Tournament wouldn't have been possible or run as smoothly without you guys. To the Copabanana, because Tokyo Tea, no personal space, and that bar tender were godlike! To Canada in general. To all the people I played in tournament for MB/BB/P4U, good games!! It was great seeing faces old and new =D See you all at the next one!

Wow, that was an incredible event. Def. making it again next year!

So, shouts:

To Stickbug, Biscuits, DC, etc., whoever was in charge of running the event and pools. You guys are awesome and I was amazed that you had the energy to keep it all going.

To Circuitous for being a surprisingly great guy in person. If anyone on DL ever thought he was mean online, they should meet him in person.

To the JP crew for a great show and being great guys as well. Kirisame for beasting at Persona, Dora for being fucking awesome, and Souji for his gdlk unbeateable Arakune!

To Apology/WallJumpMan for being real cool and showing me how to manage a 9-1 matchup. :D

To Amadeous somehow figuring out who I was. It was nice to meet you in person!

To MetalMaelstrom for those last matches in GG and being free to CH DoT. <3

To Lich for being a great guy and having a great Hazama. Where was the snake, man? I thought you were bringing a snake!

To the Montreal crew for just being awesome. I love you guys. <3

To me for having shitty execution and dropping all my combos.

To the Copa and friday night's event. They really busted themselves to serve everyone and deserve props.

That JP restaurant on Sunday night for also putting up with a large late-night group.

To that Kraken rum. Shit's the best rum I've had yet!

To New Jersey for having a maze instead of roads.

And shouts to whoever/whatever else deserves it, but I forget. It's funny putting faces to the names, y'all were awesome.

Seeing the replies in this thread, I'm surprised to see so many Dustloopers were there, lol. But it's ok since I wanted to keep a low profile this year. I'll meet you all proper next year! This was and awesome, awesome event and it deserves all the praise anyone gives. :D

I also hope you guys will make it out to MAD next year for another great event!

To Stickbug, Biscuits, DC, etc., whoever was in charge of running the event and pools. You guys are awesome and I was amazed that you had the energy to keep it all going.

Wut. I don't remember DC assisting with any pools. He commentated and played.

Amadeous: Thanks so much for letting me borrow your pad for so long. Your a fucking trooper for that, and I do wish we got to play more. Also you obviously have my pad now so have fun.

No problem man, I think some of your skill rubbed off on it anyway. Also I think Brandino got your pad to Alan, he should have it next time you see him!

I know, just giving credit to all those who ran things or were in charge of something. :)

ead I helped find and yell at people to play their pools matches so my pool could finish quickly!

ead I helped find and yell at people to play their pools matches so my pool could finish quickly!

Really? D'awwww did you do (「・ω・)「 to anyone that didn't listen to you?

aaaaaa This is my first event outside of Texas(hell, first time in another state period.) and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I seriously am thankful to everyone involved in making NEC so gdlk. More specifically..

• MR.BUG for driving fubar and I to the venue, running a hectic tournament without punching players/MB TOs, playing GG with me and much more. You are the god, sir.
  • Also Shoutouts to fubar for helping me travel and being a bro. ^^v
  • #teamskypebros Huey, Travis, Sev, MLP | Jourdal <333 I love you guys~
  • Kurushii for getting the room and stream work!! SEE ITS HERE
  • Brice for teaching new things about Tager and for being Canada tager/ero gawd. Also to the rest of MTL for being amazing/cool peeps.
  • Finally meeting Tone, Talon, Pain, Almond, Daryl, Bobby, and everyone in room 720. Dokapon for Evo!! #idolsportz
  • Real niggas like DC, Axis, Shin, Brandino, Mystic, Cirno, DigiOps and all the hype nigz. Good shit and it was fun hanging with yall.
  • Playing GG with Ama, Daiandoh, Circ, Faulty, Marlin, mindgame! You guys are too good, I hope my 09er ways weren't showing too much.
  • SKD and Sev for being too kawaii in person. Almost hhnnggg to death.
  • It was an honor in meeting: shtkn, LK, Xie, Dacidbro, SJ, Biscuits, Vineeth, Blargh, Her Omen, Biter, ludwig, and anyone else I have probably forgotten :c
  • Shoutouts to TSB | Dora, NoFuture | Souji, Fsteak | Kirisame for coming out and having a good time with us.

Till next time guys~

Shoutouts to NEC !!!

Thanks to everyone who came from so far away !!!! I feel so fortunate to have met everyone during this event, new faces and old !

Shoutouts to STICKBUG for working so hard

Shoutouts to BIG E for being there for anime

Shoutouts to JAPAN for giving NorthAmerica their time and taking their money

Shoutouts to WEST COAST for being cool

Shoutouts to EAST COAST for hosting so much hype

Shoutouts to FLORIDA and Texas for having such great fighters

Shoutouts to KIRBSTER for making top8 BB, very proud of you, as always

Shoutouts to CIRCUITOUS for making it out, man i regret not getting more inline casuals with you, i gotta get stronger !

Shoutouts to AMADEUS for those godlike matches we shared. I cherish those FITES with all my heart.

Shoutouts to TROLLBADGUY for being so awesome and acknowledging POTABLES IN GUILTYGEAR, come to MAD and STAY HYPE

Shoutouts to BRANDINO and AHMADD and everyone else in GG casuals for being so damn cool. The most pleasant casuals room i was in all weekend was with you guys. Thanks so much.

Montreal is going to place higher next year, like we did at summer jam !! NEVER STOP GETTING STRONGER

KEEP DAT HEART PUMPING

KEEP DAT TAMASHII BURNING

RAR!

Tag yourself. Of course you will probably have to log on. Let me know if there are problems viewing the album.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.981769550734.2221736.194301738&type=3

And here I was wondering if I should've taken some pictures or video during the weekend on my phone.

Sen, you are my fucking hero. <3

I was told Apologyman got bopped by Footwurk. that guy is such a troll lol.

Shoutouts to Severin.

Shoutouts to Alan for making all of this happen. You are amazing.

Shououts to Japan for taking all of our money.

Shoutouts to playing Dora in 20-30 games and not getting astralled once. Stay free.

Shoutouts to sponsoring Huey to sponsor Jachin and that probably being the reason why Jachin was in losers.

Shoutouts to Guyman for being the best friend ever.

Shoutouts to Ama for not punching me in the face. Jam is a slut.

Shoutouts to Circ for being 1000x more awesome than any Dustloop retard that incurred his wrath would ever imagine.

Shoutouts to Nick for letting me stay in his room

even though I slept on the floor weeeeeee

Shoutouts to Dacidbro and SpiritJuice for being too Hollywood to follow me on Twitter.

Shoutouts to avoiding Rape Avenue only to end up on Rape Boulevard. Thank god we had black-up.

Shoutouts to meeting VR-Raiden and Fluck. Yay for Ragna bros.

Shoutouts to being the only American Ragna in the BB tourney. Lieutenant dodged like a bitch.

Shoutouts to Kurushii for coming all the way out here just to run the stream. The man forfeited his tourney match, and I don't think I saw him play any casuals.

Shoutouts to meeting the Jin army: EMP BLOODLORD TESTU JR AKA Marcell AKA Yuushiro, shtkn, and Shin, and bodying all of them.

Shoutouts to Norcal for all being incredibly nice people. You're still scrubs though. <3

Shoutouts to Canada. It was awesome to finally meet Brice, Kirbster and Nedel, and it was great seeing Pochp, Bibi, and Kaeru again. I will try my best to make it to MAD.

Shoutouts to trying as hard as I can to dodge Brice's power levels and succeeding.

Shoutouts to Axis calling me out and then dodging like the scrub that he is.

Shoutouts to no one knowing what I looked like. I could have totally said I was Leiutenant all weekend and you would have all been mind fucked.

Shoutouts to Zidane for jumping at the chance to bring up CS1 arguements with SpiritJuice. Hazama was S-tier in CS1.

Shoutouts to DannyScheme bodying people in Persona including Valle with only the SLab command grab setup. Socal is the best at Persona.

Shoutouts to Jachin, Donny, and Landis for bodying me with their commentary while I was on stream.

Shoutouts to forgetting how to play Ragna vs Dora on stream.

Shoutouts to TRM bodying Japan.

Shoutouts to sandbagging then Guile's themeing Travis in BB in every game.

Shoutouts to beating Jimmy in RPS and then him not throwing the match like we planned. Fucking scumbag. Scissors beats paper.

Everyone I met this weekend was awesome. If I forgot you, I'm sorry, but I met so many people. It was totally worth it. Now to hope I don't get raped by my finals.

Fuck kune.

EDIT: Shoutouts to Jourdal for bringing CT and allowing everyone to get raped by Dora in it. Also, it's been way too long. I'll be back in NY on the 15th/16th

Shoutouts to sandbagging then Guile's themeing Travis in BB in every game.

YEAH OK BUDDY

you didnt sandbag, i drained your power level with my cuteness

imdabess

shoutouts to already doing twitter shoutouts

yomi is imaginary. cheers