Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eric

NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP (NEC XIII) Dec 1st & 2nd -- IN PHILADELPHIA PA -- The Family Reunion.

It's completely identical and playable to the US version.

...Godspeed to our tournament organizers. We really don't appreciate them enough.

Lord Knight and I are taking all doubles money matches in Persona.

what

may take you up on that if ZomB's up for it. :3

Everyone listed below, please let me know if you are bringing the items I have you down for.

Equipment

PS3: Doc Orona(x1)

P4U: Doc Orona(x1)

BBEX: Doc Orona(x1)

Confirmed to bring the above.

Also, if you're short on volunteers to run brackets, I'm down to help with that. (If I don't hear from you before Friday, I'll ask again on Saturday morning.)

Friday night we will be having an event at the Copabanana on Spruce street.

Start time: 8PM

End time: 1AM

Count me in from GAEMZ and DRANKZ.

I don't think I look like a dad but if someone wants to claim me as an older brother or some shit, feel free.

Ok people if you missed the online pre-reg deadline you will now have to pay for Nec 13 venue and entry at the door the day of the tournament.

Registration line will open:(main ballroom)

Friday nov 30th, from 9pm to 11pm

Sat dec 1st, from 8am to 8pm

Sunday dec 2nd, from 9am to 5pm

Answered earlier in the thread. PS3; plenty of people are bringing their PS3 with the JP version of GGAC+, and it's completely identical and playable to the US version.

Ah, okay, cool. Thanks for the response.

I suppose the SRK thread just needs to be updated, then.

FYI, at the Copabanana, if you're under 21 you're going to need a chaperone if you plan to say after 10 PM. What does this mean? Make sure you know someone there that is over 21 and will stick up for you.

I know most people coming will be over 21, but I also know some of you are well under that. Please plan in advance! I don't want anyone getting kicked out! This doesn't mean they have to pose as an older sibling, but just: "Yeah, I drove them here. They're with me".

Also, just to reiterate: BRING YOUR CONSOLES, LAPTOPS, MONITORS, AND GAMES! We have enough room for ~10 setups! You bring it, we'll play it.

Start planning how you're getting there. Taxi-pool? Public transit? Driving? Lightl made a good post:

here the google map with bus directions to get to Copabanana , well select bus icon for those directions hope this help

http://goo.gl/maps/9iLQ5

As far as parking goes you might have to drive around a little bit to find a spot and most of it will be parallel parking. Be prepared. Bring some quarters too, just in case.

Day Before NEC Japanese Player Kumite

As I'm sure you're aware, we are going to have some high level Japanese players in attendance for this event and everyone wants a crack at them, so I feel the only fair way to do this is to get a Kumite going with each player for each game.

Entry Price: 100 Yen (Or $1.25)

Rules: 2 out of 3 Rounds, Single Game

Prize: Winner takes a % of the pot dependent on the number of winners

Stream (if applicable): http://www.twitch.tv/Bibiquadium

Schedule (All Times EST):

Souji [blazBlue]: 8:30PM-9:30PM

Dora [blazBlue]: 9:30PM-10:30PM

Intermission: 10:30PM-11:00PM

Kirisame [Persona 4]: 11:00PM-12:00PM

Souji [Persona 4]: 12:00PM-1:00PM

Due to time constraints and for general fairness, admission into the Kumite itself will be done via lottery. We will likely choose 20 players per event, though if it goes very quickly, we shouldn't have a problem doing more. You will not have to pay if you are not chosen to participate, but this is the only fair way to determine who gets to play in the event. You will be given preferential treatment if you happen to get the short stick in one of the events, but I cannot guarantee ANYTHING as we have a ton of players and only 4-5 hours to get through everything.

To sign up, see me at the venue. I'll be looking very handsome in a miku colored baseball cap.

100% confirmed for NEC. Here's to my first EC tournament living up to the hype.

\o

Also how badly would I get mugged if I walk from the bus station :<

I plan on using the public transit route unless anyone down for taxi-pooling

I'll be signing up for that. Also, Brandon, are you talking about walking from the bus station to NEC, or to the Copbanana thing, cuz bro I'll drive you if you need it. What's your situation right now?

Additionally, legitimate question, how would the hotel feel about me walking around with a snake?

I'll be signing up for that. Also, Brandon, are you talking about walking from the bus station to NEC, or to the Copbanana thing, cuz bro I'll drive you if you need it. What's your situation right now?

Additionally, legitimate question, how would the hotel feel about me walking around with a snake?

This Holiday Inn is "pet" friendly, so they might be cool with you carrying it around.

I'm going to be arriving at Philly at 11:10 pm by Megabus. From there, I was going to walk to Copabanana. And then somewhere along the way magically end up in the hotel and sleep in a lobby somewhere #poverty

I'm going to be arriving at Philly at 11:10 pm by Megabus. From there, I was going to walk to Copabanana. And then somewhere along the way magically end up in the hotel and sleep in a lobby somewhere #poverty

The room I'm staying in is a little crowded but if you wish you could totally crash there for the night, don't be homeless Superscience. ;__;

I'll be at the Copabanana event so just come talk to me there if you're interested.

\o

Also how badly would I get mugged if I walk from the bus station :<

walk from the megabus station/30th to copabanana isn't bad at all, I've done it dozens of times at varying hours, most of the property you walk through is colleges anyway

not to say that shit won't happen, but it's better than half of philly

just don't walk north of market street

:ballAI::ballAI::ballAI: