Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eric

NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP (NEC XIII) Dec 1st & 2nd -- IN PHILADELPHIA PA -- The Family Reunion.

HYPE THREAD ANNOUNCEMENT INCOMING...

df7h8j.png

The story begins when street racers called Team South Florida (DC, The Arm, Mystic, Juggernaut and Mystical Moose) decide head to NEC to challenge the east coast's local team, to a "major" race. After watching how skilled the east coast are on Youtube (via Jourdal), Team South Florida becomes determined not to be humiliated out of state. However, Team South Florida is left in a bind when two of their drivers (Juggernaut & Mystical Moose) have an accident during a practice run, and cannot attend NEC.

They were desperate for replacements until DC learns from his employer, the owner of a Play N Trade, that former rivals from Georgia will be attending NEC as well, and that the fastest cars in Georgia's downhill is an Chie driver by the name of "ZomB," and his Elizabeth driving partner named "Eshi." DC appeals to his Georgian rivals to take the place of his fallen allies in the NEC major race against the east coast.

Let's meet our racers:

15i26uw.png

DC

Hails from: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Car: Mitsuru Lancer Evolution III GSR

Year: 1995

Plate: "EAD EAD"

Color: Matte Black

DC drives a Mitsuru Lancer Evolution III GSR. At first, DC thinks that Team South Florida are the best drivers on the east coast but later his boss, Tong Lee, tells him of the mysterious drivers in Georgia who are the fastest drivers in Georgia attending NEC, and that he suspects that the drivers are the owners of the local tofu shop, ZomB & Eshi. He is an average racer at best, but his skills are decent enough for him to be leader of the Team South Florida.

k1atfr.png

The Arm

Hails from: Weston, Florida

Car: Nissan Elizabeth 240x

Year: 1992

Plate: "GARUDYN"

Color: Lime Green

A relatively new member of Team South Florida and DC's good friend, The Arm drives a Nissan Elizabeth 240x. He hangs out at lan center where DC, Mystic and Juggernaut and Mystical Moose practice Persona, usually discussing Liz's bad matchups and why his Garudyne combos keep dropping. He has respect and admiration for DC and Mystic; DC since he is the leader of Team South Florida and Mystic for his Persona driving skills.

2we9g81.png

Mystic

Hails from: Miami, Florida

Car: Nissan Aigis GT-R V-Spec II

Year: 1994

Plate: "BASED"

Color: Metallic Blue

Mystic is an intelligent and skilled Persona driver, notably recognizing DC's mixup technique while observing DC's first battle at the LAN center. Oft considered the best driver in Team South Florida, he reluctantly lets DC lead the group despite having a slightly better record at him at race tournaments. However, his downfall is his tendancy to overthink bad racers, resulting in poor throttle control and losses to scrubs. He also races all-out and usually fails to consider stick wear, so in the end, he loses the race and sometimes destroys his fightstick.

Eshi

Hails from: Norcross, Georiga

Car: Mazda Elizabeth RX-7 Type R

Year: 1991

Plate: "TILTD KILT"

Color: Neon Pink

Eshi is the number two driver in Atlanta, he drives Mazda's third generation Liz RX-7, and is a skilled driver, second only to ZomB. He is a rather hot-headed young man and does not like losing. Eshi is also known to drive with his emotions, for example if he realises that he cannot win his driving suffers and if he is in the lead he is carefree and much relaxed. Before ZomB got Eshi involved in street Persona racing he was the leader of a street gang called the Titled Kilts.

ZomB

Main: Chie

Hails from: Woodstock, Georgia

Car: Mazda Chie RX-7 Infini III

Year: 1990

Plate: "U SHD BRST"

Color: Crystal White

ZomB is one of the most skilled drivers in Georgia; he and his friend Eshi have been featured in Persona magazines and are regarded highly by other Georgian drivers. ZomB drives a second-generation Mazda Chie RX-7 (FC3S) and was previously undefeated until he came to Florida. Since then Atlanta and Team South Florida have been Persona rivals. He can usually be found in his room going over data on his laptop. He is known to be able to tell what kind of modifications have been made to an arcade stick just by hearing it, and what a player is capable of just by watching when they burst.

SFL/GA 5v5 regional team is coming.

Could not find acceptable profile pics for Zomb and Eshi.

If you like this please check out my other hype thread announcements!

CEO September

LAN Center Casuals

Project Storm: Fusion

Tampa Never Sleeps

CEO 2012

Oh DC, you silly goose.

Eshi is coming to NEC too?

I'll be missing all the festivities on Friday because I've got stuff that needs to be done but I'll see you guys on Saturday morning.

Oh DC, you silly goose.

Eshi is coming to NEC too?

I'll be missing all the festivities on Friday because I've got stuff that needs to be done but I'll see you guys on Saturday morning.

Same here. See y'all Tomorrow morning.

Alright, I'm gonna get my after-NEC shoutouts out of the way while people's names are fresh in my mind.

Shoutouts to TSB for making our side of things happen stickbug, buscuits and etc. Your hard work and dedication are always appreciated.

Shoutouts to Montreal for coming out in strong force competing strong and being good dudes.

Shoutouts to Xie for interrupting my master plan of luring Brice into a false sense of security before bodying him with stupid Tager shit(I'll get you next time!) and robbing Level5chan of his Canadian money.

Shoutouts to Cirno for jumping in and pressing buttons and being a good bro.

Shoutouts to Dora for being da besssssssss most awesome troll I've had the pleasure of watching in person.

Shoutouts to Souji for being the scariest Arakune I've ever played(Souji san sugoi!).

Shoutouts to Random cleaning lady for bodying me harder than Souji did by waking me up with 9 AM for no reason when I went to sleep at 7 AM.

Shoutouts to Axis for being hilarious.

Shoutouts to Jourdal for being really black and being really angry at people getting hyped and chanting his name.

Shoutouts to Shin for keeping it super real.

Shoutouts to SenXii for playing P4G in his hotel room and hosting some weird ass games.

Shoutouts to TGS for being a spectator buddy.

Shoutouts to everyone else that came to my room Sat night for some fun casuals/hanging out.

Shoutouts to Orona for helping cleaning/moving and being a good bro in general.

Shoutouts to Everyone I played in pools/casuals and special mention to Guyman for losing to me even though his Yosuke was cleanly better than mine in almost every way.

Shoutouts to Dacidbro for being a man taking on the cinnamon challenge successfully.

Shoutouts to LK/SKD for holding it down for the East Coast and being good at video games.

Shoutouts to random people that came to talk to about stuff I've made in the past for P4A/BB, their input was much appreciated.

Shoutouts to myself for trying to function with 4 hours of sleep in two nights.

Shoutouts to shoutouts.

I was told NEC was the EVO of anime games and it certainly lived up to the hype. I definitely see myself making every ECT/NEC from now on.

Good shit! Now I'm passing the hell out!

So this event was gdlk, if you play anime games and missed this you fucked up. Huge thanks to St1ckbug for all his work and Kurushii for running the stream, will post more shoutouts in the results thread when its up, too lazy/tired right now.

shoutouts to everyone i met. shoutouts to room 3-13(?) for letting me play ggxx there for a bit and drunk valle. shoutouts to shitty hotel rooms

shoutouts to Dora beating marlin pie, i hope he gets whatever sponsorships hes looking for

and shoutouts to MD/VA GGXX PLAYERS FOR NOT SHOWING UP, HOLY SHIT WHERE WAS 4r5, Sesshyru, SteveH(okay he has an excuse, lol DnB), Sheraz, and anyone else that i missed

mucho gracias to vr raiden for the ride back

GGs/Nice meeting everyone I played/talked to! Had a ton of fun and the competition was hella fierce!

Now that I finally have some sleep in my system, I'll drop some shoutouts. (I know I've already forgotten some names, so I apologize in advance if you're not here.)

Shoutouts to St1ckbug/Xie/Big E for actually putting the whole thing together. Friday night at the Copa was legit, and as said before, NEC is general was hype as hell. Going next year is a definite as long as life doesn't body me.

Shoutouts to Dora/Souji/Kirisame for making NEC more hype than it would've been by just blowing up every American hope in P4A or BB. Hopefully another sponsorship event can happen next year.

Shoutouts again to Dora for that S-tier Bang cosplay.

Shoutouts to ANIME KOMBAT!

Shoutouts to Sen for bringing EC, MW, and WC together in the same room.

Shoutouts to everyone who was roomed in 720 for keeping it hype all weekend.

Shoutouts to Dokapon Kingdom.

Shoutouts to Hollywood showers.

Shoutouts to Subway Philly Cheesesteaks.

Shoutouts to ShinSyn for being as gdlk as I thought he'd be (and for DP'ing out of the near-Shin moment on Friday).

Shoutouts to Batousai for being a bro and letting randoms come into his room for casuals on Saturday night.

Shoutouts to SKD for forgetting his stuff in Bat's room.

Shoutouts to rigged-ass money matches in that room.

Brief shoutouts to Leonil for "BAD! BAD! BAD! BAD!"

Shoutouts to Leonil, Brandino, and Axis for keeping things funny, but real.

Further shoutouts to the MI, FL, Canadian, and WC scenes for coming all the way out, sponsored or not, to support their games.

Next time I'm deciding when to leave. I am NOT getting bodied by Megabus again next year.

Lastly if I had any criticism to give as a participant, I would say the lack of food access for those of us without a car, was a bit rough.

It's time for STREAMSHOTS!

Dora's Chipp was, IMO, the only hype part of the GG tourney.

DORAAAAAAAAa.png

DacidBro getting eliminated from a tourney he didn't enter.

hueyisdacid.png

Poor Huey - This is a tale of HEARTBREAK.

HUEYNOOOO.png

Dacidbro gets eliminated AGAIN from a tourney he didn't enter.

GCDORA.png

Profound Sadness. I didn't even get an Ryuuisou. LordKnight refused to go out like a hero.

lkastral.png

And, of course, some jerk in a pink shirt pours salt on him for not having enough Twitter PSR:

LKsalt.png

In all - BB was very enjoyable to watch, and watching GG made me appreciate how good GM was to both watch and be at.

post-10612-139515172564_thumb.png

What.... what did i do

halp pls

EDIT: Time to add to this

Akirashiro: i plan on taking superscience's butthole

Akirashiro: come ect

stahp pls