Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

huey253

[CP] Bang Gameplay Discussion

BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Please help me compile all of the changes in this thread.

From Dora (not a direct quote):

New Super is GOD!

Similiar to Chipp's Maximum Spider super except it is an air command grab that hits the whole screen. Does 2700 damage.

FRKZ is REALLY STRONG.

j22A is similiar to Platinum's Swallow Moon

Steel Rain costs 4 nails, unsure how to use.

Guard Crush is bad.

CP Bang >>>> EX Bang

Crush Triggers don't seem balanced between the cast.

Hitstop is decreased and Combos are short, so the game feels much faster.

new combo route -> 6C>J22a>J4C>6C~

FRKZ deactivates in the middle of a combo

SuperCrash is bad

DORA BANG COLOR (PURPLE) is GONE

New Super is GOD!

Similiar to Chipp's Maximum Spider super except it is an air command grab that hits the whole screen. Does 2700

CP Bang >>>> EX Bang

1. what does he mean by maximum spider

2. CP Bang better than EX Bang or more fun or something? Either way, it sounds good.

DORA BANG COLOR (PURPLE) is GONE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sweet, about the air command grab part, it isn't comboable then?

I wonder if my orange pallet is still in...

I doubt it, what we saw in the preview trailer and it "comboing" was probably just the hit count from all the hits in the move itself.

Is it like Arakune's F of G to where if they are anywhere on the GROUND it will catch them no matter what (since his is a command grab) and they would have to jump to avoid it? And I can't tell from the moonrunes before the input but is it actually done in the air ONLY or can it be both (like Maximum Spider)?

Or

Is it like Spider-man's Ultimate Web Throw, which you do on the ground, but it catches opponents in the air and just looks like Maximum Spider?

Huey confirmed.

I doubt it, what we saw in the preview trailer and it "comboing" was probably just the hit count from all the hits in the move itself.

Is it like Arakune's F of G to where if they are anywhere on the GROUND it will catch them no matter what (since his is a command grab) and they would have to jump to avoid it? And I can't tell from the moonrunes before the input but is it actually done in the air ONLY or can it be both (like Maximum Spider)?

Or

Is it like Spider-man's Ultimate Web Throw, which you do on the ground, but it catches opponents in the air and just looks like Maximum Spider?

Huey confirmed.

So basically, free 2.7k if the opponent jumps (the resources) sounds pretty cool. I'm glad to see that I was overreacting to the Bang changes earlier. Is there a video that shows the whole thing.

Also, do we know which color pallets we still do have?

unless you can combo into 2D in FRKZ, good luck getting all 4 unique seals...

Oh yeah, I forgot that you need to land all his drives to get seals now. I was looking forward to abusing that super. Then again, maybe there is some way to do it easier with FRKZ.

unless you can combo into 2D in FRKZ, good luck getting all 4 unique seals...

Doesn't seem that far-fetched. CH 2D in extend that would normally = 4 seals, would still equal 3 unique seals when simplified. CH 2D>j.D>Web Nail>5D, assuming AT LEAST that still works in BBCP but who knows at this point. Also a good bit of them used 6D as well, so you could probably do stuff like 6D>Web Nail>j.D>Web Nail>5D. There did seem to be changes to j.D where stuff wasn't connecting after it but that was in the first location test so I'm not sure what all is happening now.

I wouldn't be surprised if people find a way to make it work like they have seal combos in the past when trying to get the most amount of seals as possible from a combo. Although it does sound situational considering the circumstances but much like FRKZ used to be (still is) it could prove to be useful when the time comes.

Cannot wait for this to come out even in Japan just so we can start to see some actual matches.

I think it all depends on whether or not Bang's Drive moves remain special cancellable or not. If they are special cancellable, and you are in FRKZ, it will be possible to get all 4 different seals. Out of FRKZ is a completely different story, though. Can we confirm if the new super can be comboed into or not, yet?

I think it all depends on whether or not Bang's Drive moves remain special cancellable or not. If they are special cancellable, and you are in FRKZ, it will be possible to get all 4 different seals. Out of FRKZ is a completely different story, though. Can we confirm if the new super can be comboed into or not, yet?

I'm not sure we "confirmed" it, but it's looking like we can't combo it.

Speaking of Bang, what do we do if we hit someone crouching? Last I checked, we got nothing.

I'm not sure we "confirmed" it, but it's looking like we can't combo it.

Speaking of Bang, what do we do if we hit someone crouching? Last I checked, we got nothing.

Assuming 5D works the same, you could still do IAD j.4C combos or relaunch combos. So it's not really "nothing" depending on where you are on the screen, but it's never really good damage for us unless it is 5C which can get 3k+.

Assuming 5D works the same, you could still do IAD j.4C combos or relaunch combos. So it's not really "nothing" depending on where you are on the screen, but it's never really good damage for us unless it is 5C which can get 3k+.

I thought I remebered seeing that 5D was changed in some way that made it so we couldn't do those combos.

Found it: 5D is not jump cancelable and doesn't combo into 623B either

I thought I remebered seeing that 5D was changed in some way that made it so we couldn't do those combos.

Found it: 5D is not jump cancelable and doesn't combo into 623B either

On hit as well? Not being able to special cancel into 623B is irrelevant cause that is usually only going to happen if they blocked 5D. You would almost never do 5D>623B for an actual combo. Maybe 5D>j.623B but that's from a jump cancel. Although if it was possible it would mean different combo options, but since it isn't it doesn't matter since you wouldn't do that in Extend anyway.

If 5D isn't jump cancelable on HIT either then that move went from being bad to absolutely garbage. I guess any hit of 5D is just the end of a combo as if you were doing it at the end of seal combos like in Extend. 5D was one of the ONLY moves I thought needed to get changed for the better in the next game and apparently they made it worse, lol.

I kinda overlooked bang during the whole CP fiasco,,, so what is he looking like in the next installment,, iv seen the post an all but how due ya'll believe he has been changed. With the removal of FRKZ to Steel rain no longer being a DD. OHH!!!!!! what does his new DD due for min dmg,, since it cost 4 seals im assuming its OP... or is it like tsubakis DD where the dmg is determined by the seals u have at the time of activation

I kinda overlooked bang during the whole CP fiasco,,, so what is he looking like in the next installment,, iv seen the post an all but how due ya'll believe he has been changed. With the removal of FRKZ to Steel rain no longer being a DD. OHH!!!!!! what does his new DD due for min dmg,, since it cost 4 seals im assuming its OP... or is it like tsubakis DD where the dmg is determined by the seals u have at the time of activation

You must not have read the 1st post good enough.

You must not have read the 1st post good enough.

I did, it didnt say the minimum damage or how many seals it uses for the DD, it doesnt give details. An iv never played GG so not only do i not know who chipp is i dont know what his DD looks like... An i also asked for opinions,,, XP stop being so rude

New Super is GOD!

Similiar to Chipp's Maximum Spider super except it is an air command grab that hits the whole screen. Does 2700 damage.

FRKZ is REALLY STRONG.

j22A is similiar to Platinum's Swallow Moon

Steel Rain costs 4 nails, unsure how to use.

Guard Crush is bad.

CP Bang >>>> EX Bang

Crush Triggers don't seem balanced between the cast.

Hitstop is decreased and Combos are short, so the game feels much faster.

new combo route -> 6C>J22a>J4C>6C~

FRKZ deactivates in the middle of a combo

SuperCrash is bad

[...]

quoting the first post, all the info you asked for IS there. Zeth was trying to be helpful. DD requires all 4 seals and it probably cannot be comboed into, so there is no minimum=maximum dmg, in case that information is difficult to extrapolate. As for opinions, Dora thinks he's good, but i don't think any of us have participated in the location test, so it's hard to say.

edit: I bolded the parts that answer your questions

This is just a GUESS since i cannot speak for him; it wouldn't be because of any specific change to Bang himself, but rather how he fits in with the new system as a whole. As far as i know, all combos got shortened and wallbounces mostly migrated to short wallsticks or removed entirely. He probably feels Bang survived this transition well. Then again we're all just waiting for more info right now, so i might be overlooking something important.

In regards to Crush Trigger being different across the cast, that's not really that unexpected. Even if the moves were all identical, it would be of differing value to each character based on how they could take advantage of it. But look at the Counter Assaults. Some characters have useful ones that fit into their gameplay, while others are a waste.

I wish Mori would just go in FRKZ himself, come on DL at the speed of light and say 6C now has upper body invul.

Bricks would be shat.

I wish Mori would just go in FRKZ himself, come on DL at the speed of light and say 6C now has upper body invul.

Bricks would be shat.

For some reason, I've always had the feeling Mori hated Bang. Though if we got a 6C buff, I'd rather it hit crouching characters.