Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

huey253

[CP] Bang Gameplay Discussion

I'll record my solution tonight :P

2D > sj.C > j.D > ODC > up dash x3 > [j.214A]x12 > j.D > j.623B > RC > j.623C (purple grab gets broken) > air dash forward > j.2C > j.D > j.623B > RC > j.623C (purple grab gets broken) > air dash forward > j.2C > j.D > j.623B > (RC > j.623C)

Edit: Here it is! :V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8b4hLkR7j0&feature=youtu.be

Bang has (had since CT) weird properties with his bumper that allow him to kara the dash into other things (anything). This is especially useful in CPEX with the addition of ground bumper so I finally decided to invest real time in figuring out how it works exactly. I wasn't able to get the kara input consistent but I did find something else handy/useful. Bang can air bumper dash using ground bumper in certain situations. Its really hard (REALLY HARD), but you can sometime do a super low bumper dash from the ground bumper if you get the right input (I got it with 963 about three or four times). However, an easy application of this super low bumper dash is by doing it right before you land. If you try it, you'll probably have a really really hard time getting the actual bumper dash. However, if you do something that slows your fall (air bumper set, B nail, D nail, 22A A+B, or jD) you will be able to do the bumper dash easily (if you time your 6 input properly). It's not as easy, but doable using falling jB into 6 dash at the right timing. Please help me explore and find practical uses for these techniques! 

A couple good uses are:

falling jB into air bumper dash jA for gapless high low mixup

8 dash kara'd into j2C seems to be a 18ish frame overhead on Tager.

YOOO HUEY! you back for good? you better get bbcp extend for the xbox 1 man I wanna fight ya! It must happen.

Hey! mAc Chaos sent me here for a Bang related question sorry if this is random but I was kinda curious for an answer. Here's a vid to make it easier to explain:

https://youtu.be/qGrRnP_xeu0?t=5m26s (It's Bang's CP1.1 Challenge 24.)

at 5:29 after the relaunch, instead of going from 5A > 2B > 6C, I was wanting to know if I could omit the 2B and just go straight into relaunch 5A > 6C I know this is not optimal but it made the combo very consistent for me back in CP1.0/1.1 which is why I ask.

Allegedly it doesn't work anymore in Extend and I'm a little concerned cause it will affect my combos. Would anyone be able to shed some light on this? I appreciate any help that can be provided!

(Sorry Dreiko if you answered this in PM before I posted this.)