Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GVGguy

Fan-based music by fans!

So yeah... Basically this is a place where fans with a passion for music posts their work for feedback. Wether it's a cover from a soundtrack or an original composition based on characters or events, you're free to post it here, get feedback on your work or just provide feedback on the works of others.

Of course, a few rules are in order...

On music you post:

- Keep at the very least related to fighting games, since this is a FGC-site and such.

- Put some effort into it. Don't just take a theme and make it faster/slower!

On the feedback you give:

- Keep it professional. Don't say thing's like "THIS SUX!!! U should live in an elephants ASS! F@G00000000T!!!" Let the ones who post it know what worked and what didn't. If you can, give suggestions to how they can do better. We want the musical people to come back here improve and gain experience, not to crush their musical dreams and passions.

Also, feel free to post work in progress as well, if you're looking for advice and such. I (and hopefully other people as well) will do what we can to help.

Just heard the Sol remix before coming here. Well done, man! So you really had Arc's permission to make this?

I certainly do, I got two copyright strikes a year ago when I did the same thing for some of BBCP's tracks. Those turned out to be because of my use of official artwork taken straight from the game, but now I always contact their Digital Media Manager and make sure they have no problem with me uploading it.

Is it okay for a new user to post some stuff here?

I hope so.

I am currently working on this: https://app.box.com/s/ltwmxgnx82fpjgnskcw7

It's supposed to be (mostly) orchestral theme for Ramletherl Valentine.

I'm looking for some opinions and maybe suggestions, because so far, aside from couple of things I know I want to include, I'm kinda at loss on what do with this.

Also, GVGguy... I'm subscribed to you on teh yutubz for some good time now. I really enjoy your stuff, just saying.

Is it okay for a new user to post some stuff here?

I hope so.

I am currently working on this: https://app.box.com/s/ltwmxgnx82fpjgnskcw7

It's supposed to be (mostly) orchestral theme for Ramletherl Valentine.

I'm looking for some opinions and maybe suggestions, because so far, aside from couple of things I know I want to include, I'm kinda at loss on what do with this.

Also, GVGguy... I'm subscribed to you on teh yutubz for some good time now. I really enjoy your stuff, just saying.

It's absolutely okay. I'm glad someone else but me can also post their stuff here as well! :D

As for the piece you've posted. I get the feeling it's kind of a theme that plays during the events just before the fight, as it has this slow, ominous sounding build-up that keeps building until the end. Emphasis on the "ominous"-part, I really like that. But if you're aiming for something different than an "event-/build-up-theme", then what you have for now probably only serves to be an intro. Though I think you got some great stuff to build upon from that. For example, I think, if the song is supposed to be much longer, then it would sound super-baller if, at the point where the current version ends, you keep it quiet of a second or two before a rough or heavy guitar-riff kicks in and proceeds to the main part.

In short, I think you could make an awesome, long and epic piece, based on what you have for now. I look forward to hearing more of it.

Also, I'm glad you like my stuff. Thanks for sticking around. ;)

Thank you for your reply. : D

In any case, the song is already semi-long (three minutes), and since my post here, I made some mostly cosmetic additions to it.

But I'll try to extend it and add some guitars to it, even though I suck at doing them.

Cheers.

Just listened to your epic remix of Slayer's new theme GvG.....so...much...unadulterated awesomeness.

Makes me think of spyro now hearing it with the jazz bass guitar.

Just listened to your epic remix of Slayer's new theme GvG.....so...much...unadulterated awesomeness.

Makes me think of spyro now hearing it with the jazz bass guitar.

Goddammit, you posted that before I got to post the link to the recreation, you fast fastard. ;)

Well anyway, posting it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkO2w4IZcrU

Slayer's Xrd theme, enjoy!

lol, I'm part chipp's speed after all :P

I really liked it too, all we need now is dandy step install.....which gives us the power to FLY LIKE AN EAGLE when he dandy steps :P

Kinda makes for a good birthday gift too (since my bday is in 3 days and all)

It was made freaking BEFORE the game came out in Arcades, so it's legit.

I'm gonna have a field day thinking of how Ill be singing to it. Lol I do know I'm gonna use this at least once

"I... Have the faith that does not CHANGE! Haaaah-lah, haaah-lah. Tomorrow! Shining by all means comes to US! Haaah-lah. Hah-laaaah."

Really loved singing that on burly heart so I'm hopefully finding a place it fits. Lol this was awesome as always

I actually prefer GVGguy's remix of Sol's theme to the actual piece. I like my rock heavy. :D

It would be a nice idea to cover Ride The Fire in proper English. The Engrish just makes me laugh. (I'm so sorry, Outrage.)

I am legitimately considering doing that. Though I gotta finish my current recreation first.

https://soundcloud.com/gvgguy/guilty-gear-ride-the-fire-karaoke-arrangement

While working on my arrangement of Ride The Fire, I decided to make a karaoke-version that everyone can enjoy and sing along with. It's a little different from the original, though, so you're gonna have to sing "Choose your path now!" a few extra times.

Oh, and I'll post a full arrangement with vocals and everything, once I've mastered performing them...

https://soundcloud.com/gvgguy/guilty-gear-ride-the-fire-karaoke-arrangement

While working on my arrangement of Ride The Fire, I decided to make a karaoke-version that everyone can enjoy and sing along with. It's a little different from the original, though, so you're gonna have to sing "Choose your path now!" a few extra times.

Oh, and I'll post a full arrangement with vocals and everything, once I've mastered performing them...

I must do this myself soon enough.

Just don't expect me to do it ala that shadow kanji vocal group XD

Nobody can measure up to the level of the Shadow Kanji Vocal Group. You just can't, they're that godlike.

Nobody can measure up to the level of the Shadow Kanji Vocal Group. You just can't, they're that godlike.

Indeed.

But still, freaking loved the instrumental, looking forward to your version...and finding a way to edit my voice on my iPad to do it myself. Because I dunno if I can do a metal voice like that normally. XD