Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GVGguy

Fan-based music by fans!

Well guys and gals it finally happened.

After weeks of searching I found the infamous "S.S.H. synth" in the form of a preset for a VST and the tab for Holy Orders by them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_hD1CmSsVs

Enjoy and have a happy new year!

An arrange of an arrange.

*BWOOOOOOOOOOOM*

Well done! Really like this one.

Hey, guys

so I made a remix of Faust's new theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISKH3qopyZ8

This is my first remix, but I've been writing original stuff for a long time now, so I hope it isn't too sloppy

also, GVG, I love your work, Welcome To The Lab is a fantastic song

Edit: The link didn't work but I fixed it don't worry

Hey, guys

so I made a remix of Faust's new theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISKH3qopyZ8

This is my first remix, but I've been writing original stuff for a long time now, so I hope it isn't too sloppy

makes me think of a freedom planet soundfont! VERY CATCHY though I like it :D

Hey, guys

God, this is an excellent bit arrange of the theme. Well done. 

makes me think of a freedom planet soundfont! VERY CATCHY though I like it :D

God, this is an excellent bit arrange of the theme. Well done. 

th-thank you both very much! Might have to do another, if the inspiration hits.

th-thank you both very much! Might have to do another, if the inspiration hits.

I'd personally like seeing one for Jack-a-dandy or maybe sol's theme :D

From the prelude alone, I can tell it's better. The main guitar is, just as you said, not as loud as before. You've used different guitar sounds which were better than the old ones, much like the rhythm guitar at 1:14. Also, major points for that chiptune; love it.

The mixing is also better and there's more balance. Maybe a little too balanced? Having heard a lot of prog metal, I tend to notice that much of the guitar parts are lessened by the consonance (or perhaps dissonance) of the sounds of other instruments, making the guitars lack punch. It's been a long time since I took a music appreciation class, so this could be a moot point with this cover.

Overall, still a better cover than the first. I still really like this one.

Righty then, let's review some stuff:

TheGreatLeon19

Your remix of "Destructive Goodwill" is pretty freaking neat. The only things I can point out for constructive criticism are first of all how all of the sounds, except the percussion, is the same sampler/instrument. And while that helps it blend well, it some times meshes together a bit much and becomes pretty intelligible, like at the last part of the choruses. Aside from that, it sounds very much to me like most of it consists of basic MIDI-stuff, and while that is always a good place to start, I will always recommend finding new sounds to work with, while improving what you already have.

Laplace

Definitely an improvement. I'd say more, though Tsuki Garyuu has already covered all bases. So great work!

TheGreatLeon19

Your remix of "Destructive Goodwill" is pretty freaking neat. The only things I can point out for constructive criticism are first of all how all of the sounds, except the percussion, is the same sampler/instrument. And while that helps it blend well, it some times meshes together a bit much and becomes pretty intelligible, like at the last part of the choruses. Aside from that, it sounds very much to me like most of it consists of basic MIDI-stuff, and while that is always a good place to start, I will always recommend finding new sounds to work with, while improving what you already have.

First of all, I'm a huge fan, and it's an honor to even be noticed by you, Getting a score of 'pretty freaking neat' is more than I could've hoped for, thank you  :keke:

and yeah, I definitely need to find some new sounds to work with, only problem is I don't really know where to look. I'm just messing around with presets that came with FL Studio right now, and I've been using them for originals for a long time now.

And now I bring another Blazblue-arrangement. It's been a while since one of these, hasn't it... XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFLr4RvzHVo

This time it's an arrangement of "Chrystal Forest"! Enjoy!

Well, @GVGguy, you've made it, and I requested it too in your "Silent Scream" Remix, as Rodrigo Ballesteros. Out of that, it's SOOO GREAAAAAT!

First of all, I'm a huge fan, and it's an honor to even be noticed by you, Getting a score of 'pretty freaking neat' is more than I could've hoped for, thank you  :keke:

and yeah, I definitely need to find some new sounds to work with, only problem is I don't really know where to look. I'm just messing around with presets that came with FL Studio right now, and I've been using them for originals for a long time now.

In that case,I'd suggest flstudiomusic.com, it's got a lot of good stuff that's usually free. Aside from that, the Sytrus presets have a lot of stuff you could work with if you're gonna make stuff in the same style as that remix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEatI0rGuPs

Cover of Slayer's original XX theme, thanks a lot again to Maverick_Gear for providing the tab in the tabs thread. c:

Anyways, don't have much to say unlike most days because it's 12 AM here and I'm too tired. If I forgot something important please let me know. @_@

must say, the sax echo gave it an ambient feel!

pretty good overall to be honest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbvO2ONeTqs

Request from a friend for an attempt at a Zappa Xrd-theme.

Oh wow it's been a long time since I attempted one of those, so please critique away.

Also just like in the description, it's supposed to fit more S-Ko given you are fighting her and the ghosts (Because Zappa is unconscious)

First minute is ambient sounds, then the melody kicks in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbvO2ONeTqs

Request from a friend for an attempt at a Zappa Xrd-theme.

Oh wow it's been a long time since I attempted one of those, so please critique away.

Also just like in the description, it's supposed to fit more S-Ko given you are fighting her and the ghosts (Because Zappa is unconscious)

First minute is ambient sounds, then the melody kicks in.

I love this, this is so wonderfully hype, amazing job.

Not sure about the intro, though... If this was in the game, the fight would be almost over before the intro finished playing (cough cough motor head II)

Great job Lappy!

This definitely gave of a feel of fighting S-ko, I really liked it.

The intro was pretty cool, but yeah the fight would be over lol. But this isn't really a fight theme, but a character theme :P

Overall It was hella hype.