Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nakkiel

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Changelog

If you read the main post, there is apparently two different inputs for Kokushi Musou that either does the punches or the spin, it doesn't do both anymore.

yesss finally

looks like 2d[m] is a few frames faster. maybe just 22-24f total? kind of hard to tell exactly when the animation ends but it definitely does not seem to add up to the 27f it was before

corner combos involve the two new moves..is this the primary reason they were added? combo fodder? still hoping we'll see more kanchan used in neutral to deal with certain things, doesnt seem to have blockstring use. i wonder if staff version is any different than staffless in that regard..

itsuuB into four winds is really cool

finally seeing some tech for daisharin, especially if you have meter. looks like you'll be able to get good damage off staff pokes with it, although im not sure if it will be possible with say, max/almost max range 5b 5c without meter. i hope she has more fun new stuff aside from that, new toys pretty much all being based around spending your burst in hit confirms is a bit shakey imo

would be nice if max/almost max range 5b[m] could go into good damage via OD since that would help use the main strength of that move(the nice hitbox) instead of just off hits that anybody's 5b could do(except ours is slower) (plus that would make it more exceptional than doing 5b 2c rapid sort of stuff)

still wondering what sort of pressure she could set up with it(especially if you somehow drop it or activated it when you were out of range, lol)

in any case being able to turn a "normal" staff hit into strong damage and a good situation with daisharin is nice

still really want to see 6b[m] CH combos and if you can do itsuu in blockstrings

Looking at a few of these combo's i see some good differences in her moves . i think this Time around(CP) she'll be more versatile

If you read the main post, there is apparently two different inputs for Kokushi Musou that either does the punches or the spin, it doesn't do both anymore.

Is it safe to say she still has meter oki ? or am i pushing it?

yesss finally

looks like 2d[m] is a few frames faster. maybe just 22-24f total? kind of hard to tell exactly when the animation ends but it definitely does not seem to add up to the 27f it was before

corner combos involve the two new moves..is this the primary reason they were added? combo fodder?

Her 2D looks tighter - you think its harder to DP / super out of with the correct block string?

Her 2D looks tighter - you think its harder to DP / super out of with the correct block string?

Do you mean 2d with staff or without? I was referring to with staff version, where she places it, and in that case no, because 22f is more than almost every normal's blockstun, so while placing during pressure can set up decent ranged situations(6c[m] 2d might leave you in a good situation now) it wont really set up situations where it is hard to DP. If you meant staffless D, where she launches the staff, I didnt look at those but maybe I should have.(you can already act really quickly after launching the staff anyway) Did you have some particular string in mind?

Is it safe to say she still has meter oki ? or am i pushing it?

This really depends on punch Kokushi's proration and how feasible it is to follow it up on a successful mixup. It's definitely not going to be as powerful as we're used to.

This really depends on punch Kokushi's proration and how feasible it is to follow it up on a successful mixup. It's definitely not going to be as powerful as we're used to.

Understood.

Do you mean 2d with staff or without? I was referring to with staff version, where she places it, and in that case no, because 22f is more than almost every normal's blockstun, so while placing during pressure can set up decent ranged situations(6c[m] 2d might leave you in a good situation now) it wont really set up situations where it is hard to DP. If you meant staffless D, where she launches the staff, I didnt look at those but maybe I should have.(you can already act really quickly after launching the staff anyway) Did you have some particular string in mind?

Sorry for not being specific, i was looking at the Staffless 2D (whiles staff is set in 2D mode) it looks as if [staff1] and [staff2] hits are tighter than b4. maybe i'm seeing things but also , maybe thats why the 2d [staff1] + Puffball works so nicely. Sorry if i confused you. Forgive me

ItssuB now spins... What does the spinning state do for us? It's been a while.

My take on the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_RJEdxfq4E

Also @4:51 KITAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

You can still Overdrive if you find yourself needing a reversal back. The staff will come back to you.

BnB starter into overdrive > All Green > MOAR = JIZZ.

ItssuB now spins... What does the spinning state do for us? It's been a while.

ItssuB>6Kote>Haku>Hatsu>Ippatsu A/B>whatever the hell you want to do after Ippatsu A/B, screen position, etc.

Also I saw some shit earlier, 7k combos video is up on pktazn's YT

Have to look at it again but if I recall it was;

5B[m]>5C>OD>All green>Haku>hatsu>chun>5B>6C>distortion

Feel free to correct it if, I'm wrong, I saw some other 6D>OD combos as well, anyway, Litchi is looking pretty good, from what I've seen, seems like 6C isn't kote cancelable anymore so it's whatever.

Dunno if this has been said already but you can combo off [m] 6A on a standing opponent it seems. www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8fvCyTPwYU&feature=youtu.be&t=9m18s

yaaaay

look closer, the staff is still on a return state so the 6a would hit as if she didn't have the staff, so it can cancel into something else unlike 6a[m] however it's seems like after a 6d(2) we can hit with a 5a (not sure if tager exclusive, might be from the look of it.)

Being able to link 5A after 6D on large crouching characters is not new.

Well i didn't know that, thanks for clearing it up ^__^

look closer, the staff is still on a return state so the 6a would hit as if she didn't have the staff, so it can cancel into something else unlike 6a[m] however it's seems like after a 6d(2) we can hit with a 5a (not sure if tager exclusive, might be from the look of it.)

Oops, I meant 6D XD I didn't know she could do that already though.

6d link to 5a on crouching chars? news to me too... =/

it's should work on blokstrings too right?

Only on tall characters though. (Tager, Hakumen, etc.) Litchi's 5A whiffs on everyone medium sized or smaller.

Litchii's Puff ball seems to be the replacement for 236C when doing those Staff[1] > 236C > Staff[2] Combo's

Seems easier to link but I'm just assuming forgive me. I can't wait to use that Puff ball and the new anti air in training mode.

throw 6b[m] IAD j.b[m] j.a land 5b[m] 4b[m] works

(i think we have enough matiral to start a thread so we can post combos that we've seen and work as well as think of some combo theory's.)

you can speculate about combos, but it's pretty easy to say we have no idea what'll actually work (cause we don't have the game)

throw 6b[m] IAD j.b[m] j.a land 5b[m] 4b[m] works

(i think we have enough matiral to start a thread so we can post combos that we've seen and work as well as think of some combo theory's.)

the best thing to do is:

throw <dash <5b <4d <itssu A etc. ...

I thought I read that her combos looked generally pretty easy to do now, in contrast to the past. but I don't know much about Litchi. Is this right?

I thought I read that her combos looked generally pretty easy to do now, in contrast to the past. but I don't know much about Litchi. Is this right?

I think it's because general concepts behind meterless BBCSE combos still apply, added with the fact that you now have even more (or better) options for combos thanks to stuff like 4B into 41236D-A that help setup midscreen combos into corner. Then you have other misc buffs like 41236D-B has a lot more hitstun than CSE, new gatlings like 6D-623D, a new option off staffless 63214A, the addition OD (once people explore it more), etc. But I have no idea if they're actually easier, though having more combo options (not to mention slightly shorter combos) is a good sign that they could be.

Also I see you're from Chapel Hill? You should come out to some sessions in Raleigh some time. :)