Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[P4A] Kanji Wiki Discussion

The combo page on there is trying to be pretty minimal, with just a 'meterless, meter, and meterwhore' version of each hit confirm. Anything else can just be pointed towards the thread, and have a few small notes, such as 'most combos can have 2a 2b' replaced with '2a 5b 2b' or whatnot, since we have a bit of a combo theory section going on. I can easily add a youtube link to each combo by just making the damage value a link to the video as well, potentially even just timestamped links (Unless everyone hates that)

As for the matchup forums, I'll just cheat and write up as much stuff as I can find, dump it in a thread and then add convenient links to each forum thread, probably. Everyone's happy! Although, I think a quick primer on certain things wouldn't hurt before the link. (Read:teddy's clown bear super, something else, LINK, yukiko's Dia and 'be patient for the matchup!, jump forward and block until you can kill her!', LINK, etc)

or just put a matchup section and put 'if they attack and it's not aigis mash DP' all agreed y/y?

Matchups won't be on the wiki. You'd either have to grossly oversimplify it to make it fit, or get entirely too long-winded to cover it properly.

At any rate, if the boards are any indication, no one here knows how to fight anyone. :v: If you do decide to write matchup advice, please post it properly, at least.

Wiki combo section updated, highlights include updated combos off the top of my head and 5C 5b 2b combos being added and marked in italics for being much harder than the rest.

comments/complaints/suggestions etc i will do the editing for you since nobody else will etc feel free to post said complaints in the combo thread etc

@ LegendaryRath: Wiki should have two things when it comes to combos, easy execution and optimal.

I assure you 2A > 5B > 2B is not the easiest thing to do and that usually gives you the opportunity to OMC, 2C > 2B > 236C.

Ok, so this has confused me for a long time. I haven't had the chance to play a lot of Kanji in a while, so maybe we can talk about this to clear it up real quick.

I've had a bunch of people tell me that in fatal combos 2B 5C 5B 2B is impractically hard. If that is true then you Have to the mention the easier versions, which still have 2A 5B 2B right? Otherwise what combos are you hoping they will do? Only the low damage ones people tell me they don't use because of higher damage options and the extremely hard ones that everyone tells me they can't do?

Also how can we justify calling 2A 5B 2B too hard to be included when it is the standard 2B CH follow up? It is a combo staple. Is this really an ok way to handle this?

imo 2a 5b 2b isn't very difficult once you let people know you delay the 5b 2b, so that's why I've included them as the stock stuff, personally.

Ok, so this has confused me for a long time. I haven't had the chance to play a lot of Kanji in a while, so maybe we can talk about this to clear it up real quick.

I've had a bunch of people tell me that in fatal combos 2B 5C 5B 2B is impractically hard. If that is true then you Have to the mention the easier versions, which still have 2A 5B 2B right? Otherwise what combos are you hoping they will do? Only the low damage ones people tell me they don't use because of higher damage options and the extremely hard ones that everyone tells me they can't do?

Also how can we justify calling 2A 5B 2B too hard to be included when it is the standard 2B CH follow up? It is a combo staple. Is this really an ok way to handle this?

Been gone all day so sorry for the late reply.

2B 5C 5B 2B is not impractically hard, you just gotta practice a bit and is quite rewarding for the extra damage you get.

The easiest you can get for combos are gonna be 2A 2B.

If you cant' use 2A 5B 2B then you can always do 5A 5B 2B. you only sacrifice 100-200ish damage and you don't need to worry about the delay that 2A 5B 2B has.

Also people say 2A 5B 2B is hard because they don't figure out how it works.

I am pretty sure I mentioned it in the Q&A thread if not I can add it.

in anticipation of the european p4a release I went and reviewed/updated the entirety of the Kanji wiki, including the combo section (although it's still missing a few things, same with combo thread) this includes the neutral section finally being filled out, hooray! as well as a few random corrections, frame data updates, stuff like that.