Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickExtreme1

[P4A] Labrys - Introductory Combo Thread

actually useful info:

red axe, midscreen/your back to corner. not sure about corner.

FC 2b - 9 - very very VERY late j.bb - land, 66, 2b - ground 214b (33xx dmg at this point) - you can pick up with 5a or 2a or whatever you like so this is probably a reasonable combo starter off FC red axe 2b.

=====================================================

fun combo idea, who wants to help me fill in the blank?

'The Labrys Badguy'

red axe, midscreen/your back to corner.

FC 2B - 9 - very very VERY late j.bb - land, 66 - 9 - early j.b(slight delay)b - land, 66 - 9 - early j.b(slight delay)b (31xx dmg) - land, 66 - 9 - j.b (33xx dmg) -?????

i suspect that you can exchange the bold part with

... 9 (in the air) - j214b - land into 236236x super

its only redeeming quality besides laffs is that it is a very very easy FC confirm to actually confirm.

but if anyone can build that into a better combo, i would love you. its sidewinder dust j.bb loops!

I messed around with that in training mode. The practical combo I came up with:

FC 2B -9- late j.bb land, dash -9- early j.b(slight delay)b land, dash -9- early j.b(slight delay)b land, dash -9- j.b -9- j.b j.c j.214b 236236d (50 meter, 6600 dmg)

Gimmick combo I came up with by accident:

FC 2B -9- late j.bb land, dash -9- early j.b(slight delay)b land, dash -9- early j.b(slight delay)b land, dash -9- j.b -9- j.bb OMB, 5 22a~[c], dash 5a 2b ]c[ 214214a (3/4 screen; 50 meter, OMB, awakening only; resets into unblockable; 4500 + 7200 dmg if reset hits)

Incidentally, doing 5 5 5b 2ab into D super after the OMB will not work since they tech out of the super mid-way through it.

Oh, I figured out how the SMP loop thing works, finally. It's quite stupid.

You need to use 10 unique moves before using whichever move you're going to loop. OMB does not count as a move, it's simply used to reverse the proration of the combo prior to starting the SMP loop. This is because the game only keeps track of the first ten moves that are used in a combo, and stops caring if you repeat moves after those. Rather odd system.

For example... 5AA > 2A > 2B > hj.BB > j.C > j.214B... has exactly 10 unique hits in it, none of which involve 5B, which is the move that gets looped after the OMB.

Certain multi-hit moves do not have each hit considered unique. Notably, I believe all projectile moves are only considered a single hit (j.C, 2C, etc.). For some reason, ground guillotine appears to be considered one unique hit, as well.

In theory, you can use any of the ten moves more than once, as long as you have a total of 10 unique hits prior to the SMP loop. That said, repeating any move tends to lower the prorate of the combo by so much that any SMP loop becomes impossible.

------

Back on topic, off of 2B FC, you can get more damage by just comboing back into the 5A > 2C loops, as dumb as it may sound.

- 2B FC > j.B > j.C > 5A > 2C > FC B+D > dash 5A > 2C > FC B+D > dash 2A > 2B > 2C > 214B > 236236D

If you're in the corner, that combo obviously won't work (unless you side-swap on the j.C > 5A, but there's no real point to doing so), but you can just go into 2C loops, so no real problem there.

As far as the j.BB loops go, one of the earlier combo videos for Labrys had a ton of j.BBs in it. I believe the player actually OMBs to do another 2 j.BBs at the end of the combo, just for the hell of it. It's basically Kro's combo, minus the ender.

I figured, its very hard to outpace 2c -> [bd] loops as far as damage and all that goes.

But the issues are

-costs blue life for each [bd], a thing everyone seems to fucking forget :D (3 [bd] in 1 combo for example, takes you from full life to a little past the 't' in BURST in blue life - add a super cancel, and your going to the end of the 'T" in BURST)

-if you drop it, most the time you are pretty fucked for dropping it

-easy to burst out of safely

-no swag factor

Just like looking at my options, if for no other reason than to have options that dont cost blue life, and to have some swag.

Know what i mean? ^^?

You have a good point. I tend to just ignore the amount of life I lose from doing my combos, haha. Blue health sucks, but I'll usually take the damage over saving my health. That said, in this case, the damage is fairly close between the two combos, so I might go for the non-maximized combo.

The highest damage combo off of 2B FC without going into 2C loops that I can think of is this one:

- 2B > j.BB > jc j.214B (girokasu) > 2B > j.BB > land > j.B > jc j.B > j.C > j.214B > 236236D (6905 dmg, 41 meter gain before super)

It's arguably harder to do, though, because of the air girokasu.

im starting to play more attention to blue life loss in matches like vs aigis, chie and shit, where i expect to eat a mixup or two.

rather not add a free 1-2k to their combos lol

that combo looks nuts, ill hafta try to grind that out

Sorta mid-screen, closer to corner Red Axe

2B>2C>236B>6>A>66>5B>236A>6>A>2C>sj.BB>C>214B>236236D [6966 DMG] [50 SP] If you do j.B before 2B they'll drop out during the super

Fully Charged 2B>66>2C>236B>6>A>66>5B>236A>6>A>2C>sj.BB>C>214B>236236D [7494 DMG] [50 SP] Good damage probably not very practical.

Mid-screen

2B>delay>j.BB>214AB>236B>6>A>2C>sj.BB>C>214B>236236D [7030 DMG] [75 SP]

5B>Sweep>OMB>214AB>236A>6>A>2B>sj.BB>C>214B>236236D [7527 DMG] [75 SP]