Sign in to follow this  
Tari

[P4A] Labrys - Basic Combo Thread

Some other random stuff:

(Assuming you get the wall bounce)

Low air-air j.BB around single jump height

[j.bb wallbounce] > land > 66 > {j.bb > land > 66 } jb > jb > jc > j.214a/b

the middle section works if you have yellow/red axe iirc, but even with yellow/red axe the last part won't work if you're too high

Against grounded opponent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tue8oCXW8KQ&list=UUhY-oigNFnXC88DZ1fJYUGw&feature=player_detailpage#t=173s

As mentioned, if you land the j.BB hit low enough, you can follow up with most normals. j.A/j.B for situations where the ground normals don't work. Best option is typically 5A or 2B, imo, as both give you good axe gauge and will end in knockdown.

If you hit j.BB on your first jump, you can double jump for a follow-up, as well. Useful if you do it too high or something, but I think it's often better to just take the spacing in those situations instead.

Any update on that SMP guide for Labrys? Or could someone please list Labrys' SMP combos? Thanks.

I will half-second this. What is the timing on C gear (pretty sure it can't be D gear or I'm just really bad) > charge 5b? I've seen this done midscreen and in corner so... :psyduck:

I will half-second this. What is the timing on C gear (pretty sure it can't be D gear or I'm just really bad) > charge 5b? I've seen this done midscreen and in corner so... :psyduck:

I've never seen this before, got a video example?

Do you mean 214214C? It's the same as 214214D. The thing is, the gears are random and could end anywhere in a 10 frame window. It's possible to drop your combo...low chance, but possible. As for the timing of the charge 5B, just buffer it ASAP. Since you want the charge button, it's ok to advance input and just keep holding, and release as soon as you see the move starts charging to release it frame perfect.

As for SMP combos, there's a couple of videos with really fancy stuff, but the basics are just 10 moves (usually involving OMB) into either OMB or 5DD, then 5 x 2, into either dash 5B sweep super (if you've hit X proration, I don't know the exact amount, sorry), or into 22A off the second 5B dash 5A/2A, charge 5B, 5B dash sweep or something.

Several things to note:

• j.214B counts as multiple moves- either 2 or 3. I'm inclined to say 2 based on the frame data, but I haven't tested.
  • 5DD is featured heavily in that one video someone posted. I'm again inclined to say it's worth multiple moves, since there's no way 5B x 3 works in any combo.
  • How many hits is Tsurugi worth? I'm curious.
  • Don't worry too much about proration. Unlike Naoto, who does 236B x N until it drops, Labrys has only two values: either 5 5 5B sweep super works, or 5 5 spike stuff super works. Again, I don't know the specifics, but not much can survive the basic version if you're in red anyways, so experiment if you like, you'll get the kill.

Example combos would be (most of these only work in red...maybe)
    • Corner 5A 5AA 2A 2B sj. j.B j.BB j.C j.214B OMB 5 5 5B 2AB 236236D
      This is the basic 5A into SMP. I doubt it's optimized, but this is how most SMPs into OMB work, off of j.214B.
    • Tsurugi 5A 2B j.B j.BB jump cancel j.A j.C 214B OMB 5 5 5B 2AB 236236D
      SMP off of tsurugi, if you catch someone near the corner. As long as you're in the corner by the SMP part, you're in business.

Those are the two I know. I'll work on it sometime in training mode, I've got a lot of stuff to try for the hell of it now. Stuff I wanna try:

• AOA > D fatal > 5AA 2C (2hit) 5D 5DD...
        depending on how many hits 5DD is worth to SMP, this could go into either

• (if 5DD worth 4+) 5 SMP right away. Meterless SMP?! Now I'm just raising my hopes to get em crushed again
        • (if 5DD is worth 1...I doubt this) charge 2B IAD j.A j.C RC 5 SMP
          This'll work no matter what though...I think.

Shoutouts to Eshi for showing me this.

[*]Tsurugi falling j.B j.BB 5A 5AA 2A 2B IAD j.A j.C RC 5 SMP

This would only work if Tsurugi were worth two hits. More testing needed.

Sorry for not posting much along the lines of actual combos. Most of the stuff is things i've seen in cmv only.

If we're gonna play derpy characters, might as well make the combos hype!

Edited by E$ports

I was wondering what are the Chie specific combos? I saw some videos where AT guillotine is done and found out that it is used specifically for Chie, but I'm not sure what it actually adds to the combos.

I was wondering what are the Chie specific combos? I saw some videos where AT guillotine is done and found out that it is used specifically for Chie, but I'm not sure what it actually adds to the combos.
Normally guillotine does knockdown on regular hit (like in a combo), but causes ground bounce when labrys travels a lot of distance before it hits the opponent. For some reason on Chie only, AT guillotine combos as the former but results in the latter so you can keep the combo going.

Normally guillotine does knockdown on regular hit (like in a combo), but causes ground bounce when labrys travels a lot of distance before it hits the opponent. For some reason on Chie only, AT guillotine combos as the former but results in the latter so you can keep the combo going.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm thinking of going to my first local scenes for p4a and was working through the combos again. Tried practicing some combos I had hard time with and after all these times, the timing seems to be easier for some reason.

Regarding the 2C > DP loop combos, is the timing of the 2A at the end slightly delayed compared to a 5A? I'm starting connect the 2A better and I think since it hits low, I have to be a little bit slower to connect it.

Edited by donkatsu

Sign in to follow this