Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xie

XIEVOLUTION 2012 - BBEX/P4U NEC 2012 Qualifier - October 20th @ Super Arcade!

Iqtkr.png

Greetings denizens of the Persona 4 and BlazBlue scene. I’m pleased to present you guys the opportunity to fly out to NEC this year and participate in the biggest and best East Coast tournament!

We will be providing ONE plane ticket for both P4U and BBEX, which will be determined by two separate double-elimination tournaments!

Regardless of whether you intend to participate in the final qualifier, I hope you will attend either this event or one of the fundraiser events to help support the event itself!

Live Stream:

http://twitch.tv/xiei

Date:

Saturday, October 20th, 2012

Time Schedule:

Registration Begins: 1:00PM

BlazBlue Continuum Shift EXTEND Tournament Begins: 3:00PM

Persona 4 Arena Tournament Begins: 5:00PM

BlazBlue Continuum Shift EXTEND Top8: 7:00PM

Persona 4 Arena Top8: 8:00PM

Super Arcade

1211 North Grand Avenue

Walnut, CA 91789

Registration

All registration will be on-site before the event begins. There is no online registration or pre-registering for this event.

NEC is on December 1st and 2nd, 2012, so you MUST be available at least from November 30th to December 3rd to travel!

Registration Fee

$5 Venue + $10 Entry Per Tournament

Prize: 100% Covered Plane ticket to NEC 2012 in Philadelphia

P4 Extra Prize: MadCatz Triton Headset

BBEX Extra Prize: Hori BlazBlue Extend Xbox 360 Stick

Airfare will be fully covered for the tournament winners.

No pot split; entry fees be used entirely to cover the plane ticket.

Prize Rules:

- The winning player of each tournament will receive an airplane ticket courtesy of myself. You must take a round trip flight from the U.S., departing from and arriving back to one major U.S. airport of your choice. I personally will be flying from LAX, so if you wish to accompany me, that option is available. The flight will be to and from Philadelphia (PHL). This of course means, regardless of whether you are from PNW, NorCal, Arizona, or Vegas, I will buy your flight!

- “Gatekeeping” or otherwise “Entering the tournament without any intention to go” IS allowed in this tournament. HOWEVER, the tournament is run with the expectation that SOMEONE will be going as the winner. In the event you cannot or are not willing to go, we will determine another winner appropriately. Meaning you are entering entirely as a dream robber but someone will still go.

- A player can only win ONE ticket. In the event they are the winner of both tournaments, an alternate player will be selected for one of the events.

- A “Second Chance Seed” event will be held after the main tournament has finished. This is to determine alternate placement in the event the champion cannot or is ineligible to attend. This event will be a Single Elimination tournament with high placing finishers who did not win the tournament.

- James Xie cannot win a plane ticket in either event.

Format:

Double Elimination bracket, best 2/3 matches. 3/5 Grand Finals. In Grand Finals, the losing player must defeat the undefeated player twice.

We will use challonge.com to generate a seeded bracket based on tournament performance. Seed points can be obtained at the XIEVOLUTION fundraiser events or at The Runback.

- PlayStation 3s will be the console the tournament is run on, any controller or joystick can be used, so long as you do not disrupt any other matches with it (I'm looking at you, PS3 Pad Players)

- You may switch character if you lose a match. Winner must keep the same character

- Double Blind Character select is also possible, please notify tournament staff.

I'll go to this. I'm planning on going to NEC regardless, and I know I won't win this, but if it'll help someone else go, I'm all for it.

- James Xie cannot win a plane ticket in either event.

Thats just being ridiculous

Cool event, props man! ^^

Welp, I've gone to Norcal and Vegas to push buttons already. I guess its fitting i hit up Socal now.

You're next, PNW..

Time is flexible, but I don't know how fast or how many people to expect, since no one tells me if they're coming!

Time is flexible, but I don't know how fast or how many people to expect, since no one tells me if they're coming!

Im sure many that are regulars at your ranbats will show up for the Persona Arena part of Xievolution, Im expecting a good bunch to show up for Blazblue....I hope I get a chance to play against NorCal

Can the winner be able to share a room with you also? If so im winning this haha

Of course, anyone who is going from SoCal is welcome to stay with myself or perhaps shtkn in the hotel.

Also, I'll be throwing in some extra MadCatz/Hori prizes from my collection. The extra prize is awarded to the highest placing player who is NOT winning the plane ticket. So a 1st place gatekeeper would get one, or a 2nd place under normal circumstances, etc.

Aksys do something about chie's overhead! It was fun last night...

See u guys tomorrow. But I won't play BB, just p4u.

Is anyone missing a copy of p4? I seem to have an extra copy...

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Tickets cost me $680. We fundraised about $500 total, between Xievolution and fundraiser tournaments, leaving me about $180 in the hole. I expected something like this to happen, so I'm cool with that, but there are a few people who want to contribute to the remainder.

For those maniacs, there's this link here

At any rate, you've probably seen the front page on who the winners were. For those that are going, let's train for NEC!

i got it covered.

thanks for running the qualifier. i hope we can do something liek this once a year so socal players can get more exposure, and hopefully other areas do it too.