Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Capcom vs SNK 2, Released on Japanese PSN

Where's the cheapest place to get digital Japanese PSN cards? I know play-asia sells 1000 yen digital cards for $18.

Whaaaaaaaaat!? Why wasn't this announce before? It wasn't mentioned on videogames websites. Does it have online play or it's just a PS2 port?

This really didn't deserve it's own thread...

And sorry to burst you bubble Aegis this is simply a PS2 classic, which means it's just a digital dump of the content and features directly from the original PS2 release.

Ok I logged on to take a closer look, and both on the icon and in the description it states that online mode is not supported. The option appears in the menu but only because it would require more work to remove it rather than tell you it's disabled.

※オンライン通信対戦には対応しておりません。

Does not correspond with online communication play.

It would require alot of reworking in order to enable a PS2 classic to retain it's online features which is why other titles that originally had online don't, otherwise they'd be specifically re-released for PSN.

This really didn't deserve it's own thread...

And sorry to burst you bubble Aegis this is simply a PS2 classic, which means it's just a digital dump of the content and features directly from the original PS2 release.

does exists a CVS2 thread here? because i searched for it but without luck :/

Reports say that the game does indeed support online play, since the original JP version of the game had it. But there hasn't been any official confirmation.

Like Soba said, the option is on the menu, but it doesn't work

Still don't think it deserves its own thread (we need like a Misc Fighters new thread) but might as well take advantage of it!

Latest episode of the PSBlogcast revealed CvS2 is coming to North American PSN this Tues. No price revealed and also keep in mind this is probably the same as the Japanese version, so no netplay (sadly).

Don't worry, this will be buried in a week o/

No netplay, no life. No way this is going to make in back into larger scenes, but maybe smaller places will play and stream it (I really miss Southtown Arcade's bi-weekly stream for it ; -; )

And pretty much everything's been found, but I guess it doesn't hurt to go back over for anyone even slightly interested in this game. Now I must prepare to suffer at the bliss of the links orz

This version of the game has input delay issues. Felt like speaking up before the hype gets too high.

I love CVS2, and still play my old copy, so this isn't CVS2 hate saying that this version has input delay.

Well it IS a PS2 classic, unfortunately. Pretty sure some people over at SRK Tech Talk confirmed that PS/PS2 games run on the PS3 always have 2-3 frames of delay due to forced upscaling from the console (as they actually run through an emulator; although I wonder if this analysis extends to the older PS3s with actual EE chips in them), even if the PS3 is outputting at 480i or even in original Progressive Scan (480p). Only way to fix that would pretty much require a real PSN port for the actual PS3 hardware.

Get an old dreamcast and a cvs2 copy

That doesn't fix the "no way to enjoy this with other people" conundrum for myself [also I do have a dreamcast and CvS1]

That doesn't fix the "no way to enjoy this with other people" conundrum for myself [also I do have a dreamcast and CvS1]

Oh that... Well too bad lol

Btw the DC version of cvs2 is 80 monies now on eBay D:

I admit I miss the bullcrap you could do in the XB version of CvS2.

P Groove got some of the most stupid super cancels in that. lol @ super cancelling Tiger Uppercut landing into a Tiger Cannon... THAT FULLY CONNECTS.

The Xbox and Gamecube versions can be simplified to "EO". Why P-Groove didn't have the ability to cancel special moves into supers like in the Street Fighter III series, I don't know.