Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSlyMoogle

From your mod, please read.

Hey guys.

It has certainly been a long time. We are at the start of something new here. With a new gg on the horizon I'm certainly excited. For us old anji players and new ones to come hopefully.

So... I know I've been the world's worst mod in probably the history of fighting game forums. I've posted half finished guides, generally not been around the forums, and left a lot of players pissed I'm sure. I apologize for that.

With a new game coming I'm personally excited to play, I hope everyone else is too. That's why I'm coming here today to say this and ask what you want.

I've been playing anji since late 2004. I was active in the competitive gg scene for almost as long. I never changed characters (and god did I want to in ac.) I was probably the longest active tournament anji player in the us. Most of the old school players lft the scene by now, showed up rarely and even switched characters. I can't say I've done amazing things, I've never won a major, even though I've generally placed high in every tournament I've entered. I've played tons of matches with the best the us had to offer back in the hayday of accent core and slash. I've learned tons about the game and anji playing in itself. I even went as far as to improve my anji play when the game was next to dead (I.e. 18 players entering in a major tournament). I'll probably never be the best anji out there, though I will always strive to be the best. However what I can offer is knowledge. Knowledge gained from years of playing him in all his iterations.

What I'm really saying is that I want to pass on my knowledge of the character. With a new game coming out things are going to change and now is the prime time for me to do that.

What I'm really asking here is I there is even any interest? It always felt like there wasn't a lot of interest in the old days for anji. Every time I started a guide or something of the sorts, it just seemed like no one was actually reading it, or really any feedback on what was needed, or what you wanted to read. So I just stopped posting, my real life was hella busy at the time anyway.

So I'm asking you guys to post up, let me know you're interested, that you hunger for anji info. I'm able to give a lot more attention to this little corner of dustloop now. Let me know what you want to read here. What things will help you guys as anji players to get better.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Your mod,

Theslymoogle

Also I do plan on making a full guide for acr, but I just wanted some feedback before I started. I've got the gg fever again after day 1 vids, and nothing gets me as rock hard as a new guilty gear.

I've been lurking in these forums for the past few years, helping people when I can. Anji forums have been kind of dead for a while but I'm always happy to answer questions, give advice or simply discuss and debate about the character.

Anji has never been a very popular character and I don't know if ACR will bring new players on these forums but if you have the motivation to do guides for the character I'd say go ahead. I'm already an experienced Anji player, so I don't think I would 'need' a guide but I'm always interested in one just for the sake of exchanging views and seeing how other people play the character. So regardless the level I think a guide can help to get better at the game and of course potential new players would love to have one.

If you and other experienced players are interested we could even make a collaborative guide of some sort. Will take less time and work than if only one person does everything by himself, and also probably provide better advice overall, since it would have been debated from several point of views.

Anyway I'm still here to help new people that may ask questions and I'll be happy to do that for ACR Anji. Let's just hope that new people will come.

I've been lurking in these forums for the past few years, helping people when I can. Anji forums have been kind of dead for a while but I'm always happy to answer questions, give advice or simply discuss and debate about the character.

Anji has never been a very popular character and I don't know if ACR will bring new players on these forums but if you have the motivation to do guides for the character I'd say go ahead. I'm already an experienced Anji player, so I don't think I would 'need' a guide but I'm always interested in one just for the sake of exchanging views and seeing how other people play the character. So regardless the level I think a guide can help to get better at the game and of course potential new players would love to have one.

If you and other experienced players are interested we could even make a collaborative guide of some sort. Will take less time and work than if only one person does everything by himself, and also probably provide better advice overall, since it would have been debated from several point of views.

Anyway I'm still here to help new people that may ask questions and I'll be happy to do that for ACR Anji. Let's just hope that new people will come.

I like this idea and was sort of getting at that too. I was sort of waiting around for more gameplay vids of anji before I started. I'm sure he will have new combos in ACR and hopefully a few new tricks.

I think a collaborative guide would be cool.

I've learned that even if a discussion looks like dead, there is tons of people lurking, reading and learning.

I'm sometimes one of those.

So, a guide would be very cool, It will help the old players and encourage the new ones!

I'm too super excited about a new gg. I'll be around even though i no play anji. Of course there's no way to tell how usa will receive this game, so be prepared for little response, but having resources available will certainly help the game's chances. Might even transfer the info that comes through here to the wiki or something. Also speaking for the cincy community, if i want to hype this game up, it'll be nice to have something to refer some people to. I'll post up if any anji stuff catches my eye too. He seems cool from what I've seen so far though.

I've learned that even if a discussion looks like dead, there is tons of people lurking, reading and learning.

I agree with this. When I started to play AC Anji I used Beginner's guide and matchups info a lot.

for the sake of exchanging views

And this. Technics/strategy/tricks discussion is always good, and I want to participate too (though I should improve my english first)

I never really posted much in the Anji threads, because I came into the competitive scene pretty late(2009ish?) and never really had anything to say that hasn't already been said. To this day, though, I still play as much GG as I can and I couldn't be happier that a new GG is coming out. I'd love it if you stuck with it, because Anji needs all the love he can get. We may not play the most popular or flashiest character, but we sure as hell play the most fun character!

I'd say keep posting.

There isn't much Anji information out there honestly... and most have been done through hard pushs through bad matchups and just matchup knowledge.

Someones gotta take the lead on this stuff, especially one with experience.

So what if he's near Bottom Tier!!!

While we're not expecting advice that takes us to Raimuki/Lime-Key status in days, being able to discover new things will be great! (Will we get a 100% UB again after On with Red butterfly change? (#R))

And there isn't much JP Anji videos out there to look at

I'm excited to try the new Anji stuff, yet I'm also not excited for a bunch of stuff. (Unnecessary nerfs in a few areas I think??)

Still play #R online once in a while with him, couple casual here and there with some guys in AC but nothing too spectacular.

Ready and Willing to read!

Jeez John, really? I know i'm old and pretty much don't post but i've never stopped playing. So at least give me my old man credit status for playing this goddamn character since 2K3 would ya :P