Sign in to follow this  
9TNine

I-No Media Thread (Accent Core Plus R)

20121221岡山ファンタジスタGGXXAC+R東西戦その3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biyCw3yXkOA&feature=player_detailpage#t=486s More U-Zen

Should have posted this too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntUwxPsxvGQ After tourney casuals from the above event, also has (i assume) U-zen. While there's no commentary to confirm, the little show at 3:19 makes me pretty damn sure it's him still.

Edited first post with a header image courtesy of Kurushii. Hope you like. Anyhow, keep up the good video linking, and unrelated discussion to the appropriate threads. Cheers!

actually, i saw OSCA pulling some of this stuff on jonio's twitch.tv stream, but these are a lot clearer and have better setup

True, Japan did do it first.

I actually saw someone try it on one of the recent a-cho vids (I don't think it was OSCA, didn't actually recognize the player), but they missed the VCL dash follow-up. The idea still stood out though, so Veteru (I dragged him into it) and I went into training mode to try to make it work.

Funny thing was... after we figured all that stuff out, I saw the same player pull off a simpler version (cl.s j.s j.h dive) in a separate a-cho vid :lol: That said, he landed STBT a bunch and never did it, so I don't know if he'd realized it would work? Anyway, it was too good to pass up posting clips of.

Edited by 9TNine

OMG, I actually get payoff via j.P'ing someone at the start of a round thanks to this. :D

Lots of I-No footage uploaded to YouTube from Goldenrody today:

2rio vs Tights(ED) and Nage(FA) @7:25

2rio vs Makki(DI) and Samitto(CH) @6:49

OSCA vs Suke(SL) and Godolphin(MA) @3:36

2rio vs FAB(PO) :vbang: @2:40

Also, even if mynus is too much of a gentleman to post clips of himself cleaning up at TSB, someone's bound to benefit from seeing the I-no play: vs. KevinB(KL), vs. SuperJ(SL), and vs. A3Religion(JO)x2.

That match vs FAB :(

I remember I saw in a vid, an I-no doing a meterless followup to HCL but it was like dash HCL into 5P etc anyone knows how that combo goes? I can't remember

I'm pretty sure that you can link 5P out of grounded HCL on most characters (probably not the heavyweights), though it's not really an optimum thing to do stuff like HCL > 5P > c.S > HCL > 5P > whatever because 5P scales so hard and does so little damage.

The example you saw was probably off of a counter-hit HCL. That's common when doing a dash-in HCL, since you're intentionally trying to catch them not blocking (cause knockdown > oki), or fishing for a counter-hit off of a frame trap (f.S, 2H, or maybe a note). On CH it's way easier to catch with 5P, though c.S should be possible if you're close enough, and maybe even 5K if they're floaty or got hit by HCL while airborne.

Now, if it was an HCL that was already mid-combo, it was probably HCL Extend off of something like a high FFVCL. I remember seeing stuff like... on slayer 2K > 6P > 5H > IAD j.K > FFVCL, and then dash in HCL > 5P catch is a possibility. It's probably more useable with the j.S > dj.S > VCL > dash j.K > FFVCL stuff since that will juggle the non-floaty characters a little higher and give enough time for HCL Extend to work.

And then sj.S > sj.H > VCL > HCL > 5P works on some characters if your timing on the VLC > HCL > 5P is perfect. It doesn't feel like it's worth it in the majority of cases though... you're better off just landing into c.S out of the VCL or doing Pdive into some fancy stuff.

That match vs FAB :(

I remember I saw in a vid, an I-no doing a meterless followup to HCL but it was like dash HCL into 5P etc anyone knows how that combo goes? I can't remember

If you do 6321466K you can do this sort of dash CL (or Inertia HCL as it's sometimes called) where you move forward while it comes out. Oftentimes I've seen it linked off f.S. So for example, f.S Inertia HCL, 5P. close S.

EDIT: I wrote 6632146K earlier. I meant 6321466K. Post fixed.

Edited by 9TNine

Sign in to follow this