Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[CSE] Confused about Notations?

j.236[cd] > delay release 6cd > 6c bug > 6d bug > 6[c] > 5cd > 2c > c bug > d bug > j.2acd > a bug > c bug > d bug > [*6a > 5c > j.a > j.c > j.d]

I dunno what this is trying to say, so my attempt at a translation may not be fully accurate.

j.236[CD], delay ]CD[, (6CBug > 6DBug), 6[C]* > 5CD > 2C, (6CBug > 5DBug), j.2ACD, (ABug > CBug > DBug), [what even is this?]

(Alternatively you could use "X bug hits" or whatever, but that gets longwinded.)

Zero idea what the fuck this combo is. At the 6[C]* the notation breaks down, I no longer know what you're holding and what you're not. Since 5CD and 2C follow up right after I assume you're not holding the button... so why is it notated as held? When is it meant to be released?

If people are actually learning combos based on your notation, I'm forced to assume everyone on Dustloop is some sort of autistic savant, making sense of insanity, beyond all hope.

This brought to my attention the fact that my method of notations possibly isn't as easy to read and comprehend as I once thought, so here I'm asking you all, the Arakune community and those looking into picking him up seriously as a character, which is more readable? My same old, same old, or the new revision including obvious areas that indicates links, gatlings, and button releases?

well, i think more specific is always better as long as it doesn't get too convoluted and difficult to read. the second is definitely more specific about what to do as long as ppl who are not that familiar with notation know what all the things like ][ and [] and () mean ...stuff like that would be hella confusing if i was just learning my first fg and yeah, i actually just watched what jp players did on how to perform the 6c rekka properly when i learned. (if you've read my notation before, i tend to just explain with word/s rather than a bracket/parenthesis.)

idk if this was solved, but that combo is slightly different which is why i think it was screwed up in the first place. the 6c bug is after 5c and the 5d bug is after 2c. and ppl don't always clarify what their brackets are for, which is optional ender (in this case for end of curse i assume).

That combo in and of itself is outdated (and I changed it out in the wiki), the whole point is which do you personally prefer/think is more readable.

Also when done right, the bugs hit (both of them) after the 2c.

i was just talking abut releasing the bugs.... guess i'm even unclear when i dont pay attention...when i do the combo, i actually input 6c - 6[C] > ]6C[ > 2c > [5d] > ]5d[

maybe that's clearer? idk

but it doesn't necessarily tell you when to release, which is why i tend to explain rather than just write the notation. like, the 6[C] is held a long time and released just before the 2c, whereas the 5d is pressed and released immediately...but i guess these nuances are why we have a combo thread for faq's

The first way is fine. Arakune combos are too funky to fully describe without either making special notation conventions (which will invariably not be followed rigorously in random discussions and probably end up causing as much confusion as not), having notes to explain special quirks, and/or having video links for visual reference.

Then again, I might be an autistic savant, making sense of insanity (or just, you know, someone who makes the effort to try doing the combo and figure out how it should work from that).