Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zakuta Asura

[^C] Baiken [COMBO]

55 53? In all of those 90+ videos I think all of them are the same player.

From HellMonkey's link, I download from 40-55. Some of them didn't seem like Sharon based on a lot of mistakes, but when I got to the videos around number 50-55, the ones against Sol, I think that was Sharon.

Edit-It was actually vids 52,53,and 54. First two against Sol and the last against Bridget. Picks the same color costume each time.

I'm pretty sure all the Baiken there is the same Baiken... Mistakes? Everyone makes mistakes. And seeing as the Baiken gets to play no matter he/she wins or loses... it's not wrong to think that the Baiken is slacking in his/her gameplay. Not to mention he/she played for 90+ games STRAIGHT. Come on.

Like I said before, I don't think it's Sharon because of how many input mistakes they are making. You can find at the very least one in EVERY video. Go back and watch him in Slash. He is much more precise than that. Then again it might be him adjusting to AC. That could honestly be any one of the excellent baikens in japan, koto, to-ru, nabaiken, maruken, beru, etc.

I didn't say the Baiken is Sharon because the Baiken is good or whatnot. I'm saying it's Sharon because of his playstyle, his pressure string, his etc.

Judging only by his playstyle, I'd say the likelyhook it's Sharon is even smaller, seeing as Sharon plays very defensively and the Baiken in these videos is very aggresive most of the time. Not worth arguing about, but I am curious as to whom it may be. I have never seen sharon use j.HS that aggressively/dangerously so consistently And the more I watch, he really does play sloppily, not sharon-like at all. Also 2D on wakeup? -_- Back to the thread topic, you can combo tetsuzansen with normal jump j.S j.D for the knockdown.

I would like to see AC-Baiken pull of some more nasty combos... i guess the knockdown after jD is really sweet, but I would like to do some rude-ass-combos like I could in Slash =) But knockdown from midscreen standard aircombo is nice... Oh, and by the way... that baiken being Sharon? ... lets just say im with Hellmonkey on this one ;)

Previously, the best spot for your opponent to burst during a dustloop was at j.S, because you *had* to have j.S at some point in your combo string; but, if j.P-j.D works, then I think you can do tatami FRC j.4P-4D FRC for a totally burstproof dustloop. Can't say for sure without trying it or seeing it actually work, though.

I see. I'm guessing j.D starts up faster since it can be linked from j.P now.. I need to include blocking bursts with 4P, 4S, etc .. lol I don't do that.

Bacon tried doing Tatami after a corner air throw today. It didn't hit [Ky], but it's only one frame slowe than 6H (which can connect) so I don't see why not. Worth a shot - most likely works on Testament ^_^

6H -> jc -> j.D -> FRC (well, it was an RC ;p) -> AD -> j.D

On the taller characters, only while standing, I'd imagine?

also, I would think it'd be better to 6H jc j.D FRC tatami land jump j.S or j.P etc tensionless for knockdown, since I doubt the second j.D can be continued in your combo

On the taller characters, only while standing, I'd imagine?

It from a normal throw in the corner on Testament.

I haven't seen any players attempt j.D -> FRC -> AD -> Tatami Gaeshi combos...they always do AD -> [s-D] :/

It from a normal throw in the corner on Testament.

I haven't seen any players attempt j.D -> FRC -> AD -> Tatami Gaeshi combos...they always do AD -> [s-D] :/

I didn't know you were talking about after a throw, and I meant FRC tatami, no AD, I doubt an AD tatami would work that close to the corner, as the tatami hitbox isn't immediately in front of baiken. I've seen tatami relaunches work, just not sure if you're close enough after a 6HS

to get some discussion going here... I am looking forward to how horrible of a force-prorate tatami has now, cause it would seem that it is the tatami that messes up the damage for baikens combos. you guys must admit that the fucked baiken in the ass when it comes to damageoutput. But if you take a look at the famous new D-combo that baiken has, it would seem that jS, jD and jHS still have damage-potential. Now I am really goddamn emo about ^C-Baiken, cause one of the things I liked the most about /-Baiken was the combo-posibilities. With the new ^C-Baiken, yeah sure you can combo, do the dustloop and stuff like that. But you get as much damage if you only do like, 2K 5S 2D jD. And sakura got that prorate and stagger instead of guaranteed 6HS-followup on counterhit... which I kinda can sympathize with, cause being able to IK with sakura counterhit on some chars is kinda broke. BUT geez, you already nerfed her damage so you could've at least let us do something else than sweep for knockdown... Now to may ray of hope... Baku-FB on counterhit, now I know that a counterhit by the baku-fb-counter can chain into a 6HS. And even though it ain't that reliable of a followup, i am interrested in the posibilities for: baku-fb -> 6HS -> iad -> jS jP jK -> (jS ->) jD -> (frc) whatever, cause that would kinda give us some damage at taller chars from a counter. Erm, well basicly... I hate ^C-baiken, I love /-baiken. If I some japaneseplayer doesn't prove that she can do something else then relying on counters and doing like 7-8combos to kill the opponent.. well... i dont know. Now we've seen vids from B-tier'baikenplayers like こと and 六合 so I hope that some A-tier: Bell(べる) or Sharon will show me something to be happy about... end of rant

I spoke with my tribe-mates under the bliss of the northern lights while sitting on a block of ice contemplating Chaucer's "The Book of the Dutchess". and we came to the conclusion that real Baiken players should not complain about Baiken changes. Changes to Baiken's repertoire should be welcomed with open arms. We celebrated the coming of A.C. Baiken by roasting the fatted penguin and glazing it with virgin polar bear blood. Also, take into consideration just how safe the HS counter is, and how much more your opponent is going to have to think about which counter you will choose to use, if at all. This is the Alaskan stalion peacing out.

after seeing the first BA vs AX match from Popeye, I wonder if doing a dust combo after a corner throw is possible. Even with proration from the throw, it still may do enough damage to justify taking the damage over the knockdown.

not that I think the stagger is sufficient enough, but it would be nice if you could do it after a sakura counterhit frc.

maybe im not paying attn close enough but does anyone think this would work it would be goin back to an old dustloop that i seen (and im only saying this b/c it appears as though the char stick to the wall momentarily but any who 6hs, 2d, tatami frc, js, d frc, iad d, (just thowing this part out there but) run 6hs, tatmi frc, js, d frc, iad d?? like i said maybe im missin something but i just thought i would see if anyone has seen anyone attemp it or not??

The combos I posted in the ^C Baiken Strat thread:

And yeah the Baiken in those 90 videos or something is Sharon.. :D I can tell.

The strongest baiken is definitely Sharon. The second, IMO, would be Bell (Beru).

EDIT:

BTW additional info on TK YZS (RC) -> Tatami -> combo

It seems that you can't do it on heavy characters anymore, for whatever reasons that I don't know. The changes to YZS (more recovery) shouldn't apply here since you RC it.

Anyway, i saw sharon doing TK YZS (RC) -> Tatami -> Combo on a Robo Ky several times. AND THEY ALL FAILED. I think it is because Tatami doesn't float opponents (who get hit) as high now. That's one of the changes to tatami right?

So yeah, while it is possible to do it on HOS (saw in vid), it's not possible to do it on heavier characters.

Gawddammit.

i missed these vids i dont think i was able to get the filebank thingy to work =(