Sign in to follow this  
Zakuta Asura

[^C] Baiken [COMBO]

Cool, thx.

Another Q for you guys with access to AC: is j.D's start-up short enough for you to use j.D to continuously extend ground block strings? For example, do these:

• 5P -> j.D
  • (5P-)2K-5Sc -> j.D
  • 5Sf -> j.D
  • 2K-5Sc-2D -> j.D
  • 6P -> j.D
... all followed up by something like FRC iad.j.S-P-K-j.D/land... keep the opponent in continuous block stun (assuming they don't IB or SB)?

Doing a low j.D makes you vulnerable when you land, so you would never want to do that. and for confirmation 6P does not combo into j.D -didn't see you mention FRC air dash in. Since they will most likely be blocking low during your string your j.D will whiff, although should they happen to stand up I still don't think this is an effective way to keep pressure on, if you want to have iad pressure just 5p 6HS iad etc. If you want to use tension to keep more pressure on I'd just end with tatami FRC for run up bait / 2k / youzansen or dust / throw. Although it might be useful on someone like pot (I'm not sure if you can j.D right off the ground on him while he's ducking.. it for sure won't work on anyone else) incase you can catch him low guarding after the j.D and ad j.S j.HS 6HS etc... it just doesn't seem very practical to me and as I mentioned earlier j.D will leave you vulnerable after a whiff with no FRC, so you leave yourself wide open or use tension for nothing

actually i had mentioned j.D FRC iad.j.S/P w/e, but i forgot that j.D doesn't hit low enough against crouchers... except maybe Pot.

In corner, 2K 5s j.D FRC ad tatami jump up j.HS air tatami land superjump j.S j.D iad j.P j.D (venom) Also worked on Sol, and Eddie It appears like you can follow it up with 5S j.D too. You wait just a little before air dashing for the tatami after j.D FRC non-counter hit youshijin run jump j.S j.P j.S j.D ad before hit ground (sol) in corner j.p j.p j.K run jump j.S j.D ad j.P j.D land 5S j.D (sol)

Well, I figured how they work - got the timing for it down now. I like how 2K -> 5S -> 2D doesn't combo on ABA with no dash momentum, she gets hit too far away...has it always been like this, I can't be bothered to throw in Slash now...lol =p

Need a little help from Baiken players: I see Sharon doinug a cool Dust combo which starts from HS, into some S, D and a final dash into a S, D. I canlt make it, anyone knows the niput for that combo? Instead, I´m doing that one: D> j.K,S,j.S,D,S,D,dash > S,D But I think the final D hits too high so they can tech after egtting in the ground. And also I need help with a corner throw, what´s the best launcher from the sliding? And finally, from a ground tatami, you need to super jump or just a normal jump to get them with a P, S, D? So much questions... I still suck with her on AC. :sweatdrop:

i have no idea what you mean by D>j.K etc.. jumping dust is untechable REALLY long now so chances are after any j.D air dash j.S j.D in the corner it will knockdown.. Just know that you can air dash a lot sooner in AC than you could in previous GGs, after a j.D the best launcher after throw in corner is ground tatami, timing is pretty tight, may only be able to combo after on non-lights again from ground tatami, you can get all heavies with normal p s d, and all non-lights with super jump, although spacing changes things The highest damage dust combo on non-lights is 5D j.S jc j.HS jc j.S j.D jS j.D j.D ad j.S j.D

The combo is actually Dust -> j.S -> j.H -> jump cancel (press up) -> j.S -> j.D -> j.S -> j.D -> ad.S -> j.D EDIT: woops didn't see Hellmonkey's post. Hmm are you sure you need to jC after j.S (the first one)?

Need a little help from Baiken players:

I see Sharon doinug a cool Dust combo which starts from HS, into some S, D and a final dash into a S, D.

I canlt make it, anyone knows the niput for that combo?

Oh this combo, you're talking about the impossible dust right? Basically you hold 9 like normal, but press it again before you press HS. So after you're homing towards your oppnent just jumpcancel into it. It should then stop that silly dust business and you can then land and do the DL combo after that; mind you though, you have to hit them at the right time, so not too late otherwise they'll just tech.

D>9>j.c>HS> into your dustloop. It was good for slash but you're better off with the combo Hellmonkey gave you for AC.

HmR: Yes, but this is done by just holding up when you j.S and j.HS, like almost any dust combo. and against non-lights, if you bring them to the corner by the time you do the second j.S j.D, you can add another j.D for more damage.

Does tatami no longer combo into j.S? I don't play Baiken, so I haven't kept up too much with her, but this seems like a change that people would have been talking about, since many of her combos seemed to involve tatami > j.S -> dustloop, and I can't seem to find another aerial that will combo either. Sorry for my dumb question, but pretty much the only person I can ever play with uses Baiken and I was curious about it.

Yup. Because of the vacuum effect after tatami hits now in AC you have to do j.P first. So the standard combo after tatami is j.P, j.S, j.D. There are moments where you can do j.S first but only after the air tatami and in the corner...I think.

the best launcher after throw in corner is ground tatami, timing is pretty tight, may only be able to combo after on non-lights

Isn't 2K, 5S just as good of an option from throw in the corner?

^ the throw is the first hit of the combo, so I'm pretty sure the prorate on 2k doesn't matter. That said, there's the bigger issue of 2k-5s JC j.s-d pushing you too far away to land ad.s-d on most characters. throw, 236k JC sj.p-(s)-d, ad.s-d is easier and nets more damage. Is it just me, or is the j.236k, land, j.h link _really_ tight? To land j.d FRC ad.236k more easily, execute the ad.236k as 236,6k. You can start the 236 input while still in the j.d animation, so this makes the 236k followup pretty fast. I tried the FRC-dash method (6,FRC,6) but that's never worked with j.d in any of the previous games. And uh ... where did all of her high-damage combos go? >_<

Anyone else thinking that Baiken's combos are more awesome than before? I mean, I'm having more fun getting YZS > RC > IAD Tatami > Air Combo than doing just a regular mat in the air...and the S > j.D and 2D > j.D combos too - as well as the many variations of the original dust loop. I didn't think Baiken would change much at all from Slash > AC, but she's just too much in this game :D

Anyone else thinking that Baiken's combos are more awesome than before?

Agree.

She´s much fun on doing their combos than she was on /.

Those midscreen combo into IAD and corner loop... blasting and way more fun than ever.

I love her.

Proration?

It's not proration, it's both that you can't land the ad j.S or j.P, j.D against most characters after this, and that you will do less damage overall using 2K 5S than a tatami. (lower damage on the hits)

Sign in to follow this