Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YoYoCheese

Hopeless Masquerade - New Official Touhou Fighter!

http://www.tasofro.net/touhou135/

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Hopeless_Masquerade

It's another collaboration with Tasofro, but has a different art style and will have a native resolution of 1280 x 720. The only confirmed characters so far are Reimu and Marisa.

The terror of the repeating disasters and the irresistible catastrophes.

They have delivered pessimism to the human village.

A gloomy atmosphere is swirling the village.

However that was not a feeling of despair.

It was more like a feeling of being cooped up.

"It's okay!"

Nobody knew who said it, but there is a feeling you could hear such voice.

Yes, if nothing was going to change, maybe isn't it okay to do anything we want to do?

Yes, we should live more ephemerally.

Little by little the minds of humans in the village have become released free, and at the same they began to disorder.

There were ones viewing the scene from a different perspective: It was the religionists.

They thought they should take over the control of the people who fell into disorder.

Because while they can retrieve the order, it was also a great opportunity to collect their faith at the same time.

The precise who have built a temple in Gensokyo, the Taoist who abandon the material world and dreams immorality.

And the shrine maiden who seeks rehabilitation.

They have all determined: this is just the right timing for "my role".

Now, take your belief as weapons, battle attractively and fight over your popularity!

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Hopeless_Masquerade/Translation/Prologue

Assuming everyone from Hisoutensoku returns, I want to see Nue, Miko, and Flandre as newcomers. Mokou, Mima, and Mamizou would be awesome too.

wonder if it will play like scarlet weather rhapsody or immaterial and missing power.

either way a definite buy to support them.

I know nothing of Touhou (and certainly haven't played any games in the series) but this is what I've pieced together from the 3 screenshots:

- 3 gauges around the character portraits: Yes (Blue), No (Red), Neither (Gray)

- Certain actions will greatly alter the levels of the 3 gauges increasing (in the case of Yes) or decreasing (in the case of No) in percentile values

- Characters have different sized Super gauges

- 3 colors represented in the Super gauge (blue, red, gray/black) however it's probably unrelated to the gauges surrounding the character portraits; logically I would assume blue is a first stock and red is an additional stock, with gray/black being no stock but something bothers me... In image 3 both Super gauges are full blue, using the previous hypothesis this means they both have a full stock, in image 2 each Super gauge has a little bit of red implying a 2nd stock is being built up with this we can assume P1's gauge builds from the left end and P2's builds from the right end, but in image 1 P2's gauge is partially gray/black assuming it is somewhat empty but this is show from the right side where it was assumed the gauge builds from. If all these things are true and the gauges build and drain from the same side, that could be visually confusing, but in the grand scheme of things nothing major, just something I noticed.

- A red segment can appear and be built up within the Health gauge

- Assuming this is all taken from the same fight (only evident due to the round counters and timer) then the images happen in reverse chronology; in image 3 both players have some red health but P2's is slightly bigger, in image 2 P1 has lost a significant amount of life and their red health while P2 has only lost a small segment of red health but has regained a significant amount of health back, in image 1 P1 still has no red life (so is it not recoverable once used?) and P2 has built back more of he red health but has still sustained damage

The visuals look way too different for there to be no gameplay changes, imo. The stage seems a bit larger, too. I'd say that they're either going for a more traditional approach or even farther away from it, with more danmaku flying.

I'd be satisfied if they just add Mokou already.

The graphics remind me of Gundemonium for some reason, and one can only assume that with a whole new game would come some new mechanics.

I had to do a double-take when I saw this, but I'm glad they're working on a new fighter. I'm not sure how I feel about the new visuals, but hopefully some video footage will help ease that concern as it gets further into development. Here's hoping for Nue, Mokou, Byrakuren, Flandre, maybe even Momiji being playable.

I was thinking another fighter would be along soon considering its already been 3 years since the last one. I don't have a favorite 2hu so my only wishes go improving the gameplay, in particular, the damage output.

YES.

Please, Tasfro, bring back the awesomeness of IAMP! If this is like SWR I will shed tears.

Weirdly enough I didn't play any of the DBZ games, so I didn't think of them. Played the other two, though. :v:

That trailer also confirms that the demo will be released at Comiket 83.

So I guess the full game will only come out on Reitaisai?

Anyways, it seems to be pretty much what I expected, so I'm looking forward for more info.

Im not sure how to feel about the ariel combat, but the combos look pretty solid. Hoping for Parsee or Nitori though.

wow i think this is the first touhou fighter i actually want to try playing :o
Same here.

....Well, this looks awesome. Totally different but I love how it'll play like very few fightng games on the market.

What? No way does this look more interesting than IaMP (This coming from someone who isn't even that fond of IaMP!). Tasofaro just started targeting to casuals it seems, thus this game and SWR.