Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YoYoCheese

Hopeless Masquerade - New Official Touhou Fighter!

Shoot the Bullet didn't have any either.

And not sure how Eiki would fit in. Unless her judgement only applies to certain believs like Shinto or pagan people.

Eiki's a type of religious being, so that was why I mentioned her.

Really, most characters in this game aren't really affliated with religion...the roster for this game could end up quite interesting.

Reimu is a Shinto Shrine Maiden, Marisa probally is close to pagan or nonbeliever and Ichirin follows a Buddhist priest, what are you smoking? Or are you talking about Touhou series in general?

The wiki claims that the game is coming out on May 26, 2013 (it's on the front page as well), but doesn't list a source so I'm kinda' skeptical.

Well, the next Reitaisai takes place on May 26th, and most Touhou games tend to be released there.

Well, the next Reitaisai takes place on May 26th, and most Touhou games tend to be released there.

You're right, I forgot about that.

Speaking of Reitaisai....

Touhou 14: Double Dealing Character just got announced. The demo comes out at the same time as Hopeless Masquerade. I wonder if we'll get any newcomers from DDC in HM? (Probably not, but it would be cool if we did.)

Arise, thread, as your lord and savior, Youkai Jesus has entered the ring.

But ayway, the official site has confirmed that Byakuren Hijiri will be one of playable characters.

EDIT: I decided to delete the part wher I said they ar going to release new characters daily, and as soon as I return to the site to check, Mononobe no Futo appears in the bottom of the list

EDIT 2: Ten guesses who got added today. If one of those guesses was Miko, you are correct.

EDIT 3: Guess who got in? Nitori. Yes. Nitori. You are not Kogasa!

Nitori was a bit more surprising to me, mostly because she has no religious connections whatsoever (AFAIK). Then again, neither does Komeiji.

Nitori was a bit more surprising to me, mostly because she has no religious connections whatsoever (AFAIK). Then again, neither does Komeiji.

Nitori might be heretic, considering that kappas and tengus give Moriyas faith. Byakuren also talk about in SoPM about requiting Koishi to teach her students about enlightment.

Also, this will be the last character reveal before Reitaisai 10 where they will reveal the last (who might be a boss) character

Perhaps Kappa are religious in some way? Or maybe they need the view of someone who isn't religious at all.

I guess I start listing each character's special ability:

-Reimu: Has the ability to warp tot he other side of the screen

-Marisa: Every time you hit the oppoennt with special move, a star will lit up. Once all three stars are lit up, your enxt move will be more powerful.

-Ichirin: She has a rage mode built into her. Once she gets hit enough times, she goes into rage mode and you become stronger

-Byakuren: She has strong specials. However, you cannot use them right away. When you input a command for special, she will to a "chant". Wen you use the input again,s he does the move. Each special also has it's own "chant".

-Futo: Her melee and projectiles shoot dishes, which stay on screen if they hit the opponent. If you hit them with your specials, you break the dishes, gving Futo more power. The buffs carry to the enxt round.

-Miko: Popularity is important to her. If she gains enough popularity, her attacks grow stronger. Ont he flipsite, less popularity she has, more weaker her moves become. Also, her cape changes color depenting how your popularity is.

-Nitori: Nitori has an energy gauge. Using her moves will deplete it. Her moves cost little spirit, but if you run out of energy, your moves become weaker/unuseable and/or consume more spirit. Also, you don't charge up aftr every round

-Koishi: When you input hard melee, hard projectile or special comand, she will store the command, and then activate the command under certain conditions. You can only store one of each type of moves at a time, and the ability icon starts to glow once you set one up.

Declare Master Spark

Midscreen

5AAA2A(1) -> 5X -> FC3 -> 5X -> FC3 -> Broomcar/Uppercut -> Master Spark

Almost 7k but uses full spirit.

This game is so fun.

Anything for Miko ?

All I got is some basic 5C cancel stuff, mainly 5AAA > 2B > 5C > 3 > 5AAA > 8B > downward pillar

It's just around 1k8 tho. Spellcard can make it 4k4 in the corner.

I need to learn the friggin mechanics.

I want to know how I'm supposed to open up a blocking opponent in this, or even keep a blockstring going. So many matches still come down to a popularity time out win.

The neutral and combos seem easy enough to understand, normals cancel into bullets (some on whiff), most bullets are fly cancelable.

I want to know how I'm supposed to open up a blocking opponent in this, or even keep a blockstring going. So many matches still come down to a popularity time out win.

The neutral and combos seem easy enough to understand, normals cancel into bullets (some on whiff), most bullets are fly cancelable.

Guard can be broken.

After trying a few things out, I just can't get this game to run on a stable level at all. No idea why my computer is having such a hard time running this, but the game is looking unplayable for me.

I realize that, but I'm unsure of how to construct a blockstring to take advantage of that. I guess I'll ask around.